Jacen Russell-Rowe

Dominic94

5 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Bench for sure. Celtic have Furuhashi, one of the best strikers in Scotland. They lost Adam Idah in the offseason (went back to Norwich), so he would have playing time. Furuhashi plays 60-70 mins every game, so he’d for sure have his chances. 

Furuhashi had a big drop off in production last season and is 7 years older so I feel JRR could unseat him. I feel Furuhashi would be an easier rival than Cucho Hernandez anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Isn't JRR not starting for Columbus because he is behind Cucho Hernandez a DP who is only 25 yrs old? or is someone else blocking him? 

Cucho is probably the best striker in MLS and it’s a wonder he’s even in the league. Christian Ramirez is 2nd on the depth chart right now as he’s in a good run of form.

5 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Isn't JRR not starting for Columbus because he is behind Cucho Hernandez a DP who is only 25 yrs old? or is someone else blocking him? 

Some people are saying Ramierez is blocking him as well, but JRR was gone for the better part of a month and Columbus had been on a tear with the veteran scoring a bunch of goals in Jacen's absence. 

5 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

The real irony is that he would be starting at TFC but then again he probably wouldn’t be where he is now if he stayed there. 

Yup. Would have been the next Hamilton or Perruzza.

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Furuhashi had a big drop off in production last season and is 7 years older so I feel JRR could unseat him. I feel Furuhashi would be an easier rival than Cucho Hernandez anyway. 

Furuhashi still ended up with 14 league goals, 1 less than Theo Bair. I think JRR could be the long term replacement for them, but I think he’d probably spend this year on the bench at the very least. Furuhashi rarely plays full 90s though, so he would have some minutes. Would rather JRR move somewhere he can start and see if he can follow a bit of the same path Bair has followed. Not that I would be upset if he ended up at Celtic of course. 

24 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

He could start in Montreal, that’s for sure. 

Was thinking of the 3 Canadian teams, don’t see why he couldn’t fit for some of the weaker American teams or even a Nashville maybe ?

the talent is there and although Columbus got him here he shouldn’t have spent the whole year in next pro that year and should have played more minutes, they did win trophies but was it what’s best for him ? I don’t know.

I believe that his contract expires this year. So it may make sense to move him if he has already indicated he wants to go to Europe and won't resign. It also makes sense that Celtic would be open to giving young MLS Canadians a shot after seeing the success that Johnston has had there.

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Obinna said:

He deserves all the plaudits but it's still weird how they went on and on while another player put the ball in the net with a pretty damn good finish. Yes the story is Cucho, but our guy had a lot to do there.

No doubt that Cucho was the star of the show and they're right to praise him, and to their credit, one of the analysts did finally give props to JRR regarding his run that drew the defender and threw Hugo Llori off. Let's be honest, Cucho didn't catch Lloris flat footed like they initially said, it was JRR's pressure that caused him to misjudge that ball. 

Edited by Macksam