March 17th UPDATE: Costa Rica Pregame

JamboAl

Here are the pregame details for Costa Rica away next Thursday Mar 24: 4:30-6:30 pm:

Edificio Sur, Autopista Gral. Cañas Km 3, Robledal, San José Province, San José

COST: $47 each person includes: 

• open bar (domestic beer, house red & white wine, rum, whiskey, vodka and soft drinks), 
  • food/hors d’oeuvres.  
  • chartered bus transportation from the Best Western to the stadium at 6:30 pm  

You will need to get your own way to the hotel - it is about a 5-7 min taxi ride from the hotels near the stadium.  

You can sign up at: https://www.thevoyageurs.org/store/product/48-costa-rica-pre-game/

Children and families are welcomed!

NOTE: only 119 spots will be available.

Thanks,

Al

PS Tickets will be sent to those who bought through the store by the end of tonight (Thursday)

1 hour ago, umpiredice said:

COVID TESTING UPDATE!

If you haven't yet booked your Covid test for the return trip to Canada, best hold off for a couple of days.  It looks like the government may be about to remove the requirement.  The official announcement may come as early as this Thursday March 17.

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2022/03/16/canada-covid-border-testing/

I think most of us will be leaving CR before April 1st.  I think the government hates us...first Hamilton at 50% capacity the day before 100% capacity and no Cover testing the week after the Costa Rica game away. 🙂

16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think most of us will be leaving CR before April 1st.  I think the government hates us...first Hamilton at 50% capacity the day before 100% capacity and no Cover testing the week after the Costa Rica game away. 🙂

At least it is now the rapid testing for the duration, makes things a lot easier, can even likely do one at the airport. 

3 hours ago, Cblake said:

At least it is now the rapid testing for the duration, makes things a lot easier, can even likely do one at the airport. 

I booked mine through my hotel. They have a doctor coming to the hotel to administer the test 

21 hours ago, Cblake said:

Yes, there is a testing centre right by the airport.  You have to book an appointment in advance and show your airline ticket.  The cost is $USD 65.

• JamboAl changed the title to March 17th UPDATE: Costa Rica Pregame
On 3/16/2022 at 1:10 PM, JamboAl said:

If you are allowed to board the plan and leave the country you're still pretty low on the government's hate list lol

16 hours ago, umpiredice said:

Is there anyone else arriving in San Jose on the 23rd, staying near the stadium?  Would you like to get together for dinner and drinks in the evening?

I’ll be arriving from Jaco on the 23rd, not sure what time yet. I’d be down for dinner and drinks 

On 3/16/2022 at 6:40 PM, EJsens1 said:

Yeah it was like $50 something 

For comparison, the bars around the stadium wanted to charge us 100USD per head just to get in.

They are not very large, so none of them wanted a large group on game day without a serious premium.

Alex had to search and search for this, and how we have a place that will hold 120.  

Should be a good pre game, and with an open bar and food well worth the money.

1 hour ago, Admin said:

For comparison, the bars around the stadium wanted to charge us 100USD per head just to get in.

They are not very large, so none of them wanted a large group on game day without a serious premium.

Alex had to search and search for this, and how we have a place that will hold 120.  

Should be a good pre game, and with an open bar and food well worth the money.

I think EJsens1 comment about "$50 something" was referring to the price of a covid test and not pregame prices ;)

Either way, looking forward to the gathering next Thursday afternoon!

If anyone is interested in finding a pre-pregame spot on Thursday to watch the UEFA WCQ Playoff games (1:45pm local kickoff), I'll be hunting down a spot when I touchdown in CR on Tuesday 

5 hours ago, djcuse said:

I think EJsens1 comment about "$50 something" was referring to the price of a covid test and not pregame prices ;)

Either way, looking forward to the gathering next Thursday afternoon!

If anyone is interested in finding a pre-pregame spot on Thursday to watch the UEFA WCQ Playoff games (1:45pm local kickoff), I'll be hunting down a spot when I touchdown in CR on Tuesday 

I'd be interested in that.  I touch down at 11:20a so I should be able to meet up somewhere around 1:30p.  I suspect a lot of the people on the 8:15a flight out of Toronto may be into this!

18 minutes ago, umpiredice said:

I'd be interested in that.  I touch down at 11:20a so I should be able to meet up somewhere around 1:30p.  I suspect a lot of the people on the 8:15a flight out of Toronto may be into this!

I suspect that flight will have a lot of voyageurs/Canadian fans 

1 hour ago, cdub said:

I know I am late to the party but are there any tickets in the Reds section (E27?) left?

E27 is completely sold out; in fact the entire stadium is pretty much sold out.  There might be the odd single in the Voyageurs forum’s ticket exchange.

6 hours ago, cdub said:

I know I am late to the party but are there any tickets in the Reds section (E27?) left?

I've got one single for sale, front row of E27 right next to the original block of 150 V's seats. Face value, $30. DM if you you want it.

On 3/11/2022 at 8:18 PM, JamboAl said:

Here are the pregame details for Costa Rica away next Thursday Mar 24: 4:30-6:30 pm:

Edificio Sur, Autopista Gral. Cañas Km 3, Robledal, San José Province, San José

COST: $47 each person includes: 

• open bar (domestic beer, house red & white wine, rum, whiskey, vodka and soft drinks), 
  • food/hors d’oeuvres.  
  • chartered bus transportation from the Best Western to the stadium at 6:30 pm  

You will need to get your own way to the hotel - it is about a 5-7 min taxi ride from the hotels near the stadium.  

You can sign up at: https://www.thevoyageurs.org/store/product/48-costa-rica-pre-game/

Children and families are welcomed!

NOTE: only 119 spots will be available.

Thanks,

Al

PS Tickets will be sent to those who bought through the store by the end of tonight (Thursday)

Just curious,

We bought our pre-game event tickets a few days ago.  At check out it mentioned a follow up email would arrive shortly.  I Have an invoice number and card was charged but did not recieve a confirmation email.  Should we just show up and assume we are on a list? or did I possibly miss something?

Again thanks for all the time and effort gone into planning this.  We are looking forward to it!

Edited by tg02
Rest of the message did not post.

10 minutes ago, tg02 said:

Just curious,

We bought our pre-game event tickets a few days ago.  At check out it mentioned a follow up email would arrive shortly.  I Have an invoice number and card was charged but did not recieve a confirmation email.  Should we just show up and assume we are on a list? or did I possibly miss something?

Again thanks for all the time and effort gone into planning this.  We are looking forward to it!

Just show up.  I’ll be following up with emails to those who paid for the pregame on Tuesday.

am enquiring about moving the pregame to 3:30-5:30.  I'm in San Jose now and it will be something to get around and our ground agent has advised that leaving around 6:30 may not be sufficient to us into the stadium.  Also everyone must bring the QR code they used to enter the country and their passport as it may be asked for to get in.  I will be sending out an email on this later tonight or tomorrow once I receive some confirmation about the change in time. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

am enquiring about moving the pregame to 3:30-5:30.  I'm in San Jose now and it will be something to get around and our ground agent has advised that leaving around 6:30 may not be sufficient to us into the stadium.  Also everyone must bring the QR code they used to enter the country and their passport as it may be asked for to get in.  I will be sending out an email on this later tonight or tomorrow once I receive some confirmation about the change in time. 

I assume a photo copy of your passport will not suffice?