what an effort to get us all in the stadium to celebrate on March 27, thanks for Jamie and all those involved. Raise a glass to that !!

Cblake

I just wanted to thank everyone including Jamie for all the effort that put into making yesterday's experience in all of us buying tickets for the  WCQ match vs. Jamaica later this month here in Toronto. The landscape certainly changed with the addition of the Canada Red + White memberships through the CSA and there will be things learned from it. Both avenues seemed to go smoothly for most. I think one thing that stuck out was with the 2 ticket limit in the Vs section vs. 4 for the rest of the stadium and as such it forced some who would normally buy in the south end to buy elsewhere to be able to bring all those they wanted too, thus it left a number of tickets unsold initially. Also  as the day went on we saw the issues with groups of three tickets together and not being able to leave a single. These are all things that will be learned from and solutions will be found, especially during what will be exciting times for Canadian soccer and all those that are along for the ride. The stadium will be loud, proud and something we will never forget. Thanks again for all the effort that has been put into this and March 27th for most and for those heading to Costa Rica a few days earlier cannot come soon enough.

Soccer Dude And His Beer Beer Label

Edited by Cblake

43 minutes ago, Cblake said:

I just wanted to thank everyone including Jamie for all the effort that put into making yesterday's experience in all of us buying tickets for the  WCQ match vs. Jamaica later this month here in Toronto. The landscape certainly changed with the addition of the Canada Red + White memberships through the CSA and there will be things learned from it. Both avenues seemed to go smoothly for most. I think one thing that stuck out was with the 2 ticket limit in the Vs section vs. 4 for the rest of the stadium and as such it forced some who would normally buy in the south end to buy elsewhere to be able to bring all those they wanted too, thus it left a number of tickets unsold initially. Also  as the day went on we saw the issues with groups of three tickets together and not being able to leave a single. These are all things that will be learned from and solutions will be found, especially during what will be exciting times for Canadian soccer and all those that are along for the ride. The stadium will be loud, proud and something we will never forget. Thanks again for all the effort that has been put into this and March 27th for most and for those heading to Costa Rica a few days earlier cannot come soon enough.

Soccer Dude And His Beer Beer Label

Now we gotta put the same effort into organizing a bus arrival partayyy!

Edited by Ally McCoist

4 minutes ago, Admin said:

Yeah, that is already underway.    Open to new ideas.

Think it went pretty well in Hamilton, the crowds were out, but then again the bars were still shut, but I am sure most will understand the drill. Enjoy a discreet cocktail awaiting the arrival I am sure will be fine among the smoke ,cheers and joy.

1 hour ago, Admin said:

More smoke (I meant cold smoke, sorry poor choice of wording), more streamers and confetti (Any way for us to buy these things through the Voyageurs or at least any direction on where we can purchase these things easily?). Get the media involved to come and film the greeting live. Maybe an opportunity for the players to sign autographs and take pictures (although idk how possible that is).

Edited by Ally McCoist

12 minutes ago, Admin said:

With people in and around town maybe some practice at the stadium on the Saturday when the lads are there for training. That would be some real engagement as the also happy to interact and enjoy those who come down the day before. They will be more relaxed, lets give them a show the deserve. 

32 minutes ago, Ally McCoist said:

More smoke flares, more streamers and confetti (Any way for us to buy these things through the Voyageurs or at least any direction on where we can purchase these things easily?). Get the media involved to come and film the greeting live. Maybe an opportunity for the players to sign autographs and take pictures (although idk how possible that is).

No sigs, no one should even be asking at that point, it is also a covid protocol issue. 

Smoke as the bus arrives yes, but once it stops NO ONE SHOULD POP smoke.   They players can't be asphyxiated as they move from the bus to the stadium. 

And no one should be using flares in a crowd. Cold smoke only. 

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

What did the Inebriatti crowd use last time in Hamilton?

Honestly, I don't recall what type of "pyro" they used.

It got very smoky though!

Im not much into pyro but it looked like the definition of cold smoke. Indeed it got smoky, for a second there it was hard to see anything five feet infront of you!

53 minutes ago, devioustrevor said:

Here's hoping that with the lifting of proof-of-vaccine and mask mandates, it doesn't take over an hour to actually get people into the stadium this time. 

Panama game was a bit of a gong show by MLSE personnel.

It went just fine last week for the TFC season opener with a crowd over 23K. The issues with the Panama game was mostly staffing, they simply did not have enough to deal with such a crowd after the capacity increase only a few days before, Thank god I went into the stadium early that night. 

20 hours ago, Admin said:

This might be late in the game but...how feasible is it to get one of these big flags or 2 even at the stadium for the game in Toronto. It would be super nice to greet the team with that. In the voyageurs section there are the numerous flags, and what if we have a large flag across sections 109-106 ish; the players come on pitch seeing it and then during national anthem the camera catches the players and the big flag behind them.

a) would you know where we could get such a large flag? 

b) I am in section 109, so for sure if there are people who are in sections 106-109 range, we could cooperate to coordinate?

Would this be possible or make sense?

1 hour ago, Joe1973 said:

This might be late in the game but...how feasible is it to get one of these big flags or 2 even at the stadium for the game in Toronto. It would be super nice to greet the team with that. In the voyageurs section there are the numerous flags, and what if we have a large flag across sections 109-106 ish; the players come on pitch seeing it and then during national anthem the camera catches the players and the big flag behind them.

a) would you know where we could get such a large flag? 

b) I am in section 109, so for sure if there are people who are in sections 106-109 range, we could cooperate to coordinate?

Would this be possible or make sense?

Covid tifo rules did not allow anything that covered a section.   Not sure about now.

The southend will have 1000 flags.