UPDATE! Pregame in San José - FEEDBACK NEEDED

JamboAl

An update for those travelling to San Jose for the game on the 24th.  Just spoke with our ground agent contact in the city.  There are no bars/restaurants that can handle a large group of supporters within the vicinity of the stadium; looking at approx 200 people.  Our ground agent will look into places in the Barrio Escalanté area just east of downtown.  It's the entertainment area where the best time can be had and is relatively safe.  We will try and coordinate a few places and people can choose.  We will also be working on getting buses for supporters from Escalanté to the Estadio Nacional - in rush hour traffic, this is about 40 mins.  We can also see if we can arrange transport to Escalante after the match.

Can people let me know if you would be interested in this?  

I would be in 100%. will be alone. 

Side note if someone has the answer: Is there a popular hotel people staying at or is it all over the place? From post above I take it that Escalanté is a good place to stay? Thanks gentlemen!

19 hours ago, JamboAl said:

We are going to ask about other options since many of you are staying around La Sabana Park and the Stadium.

We would fit into this category. We're on a tight timeline so for us it would have to be somewhere nearby.

Definitely would be interested in attending this. 

There are 4 of us.  Two are kids though (12 and 13 y/o) so that may limit us if it is an of age event. 

Although, my now 13yo was served a vodka and orange juice back in 2013 at the pre-game party before the Womens' Canada v USA game at BMO........HE WAS ONLY 5!!!     LOL so we might be fine.

Staying within walking distance of the stadium as well.

FYI - I did not let him drink it.

G_20130602.gif.a7d6b11dad3d3e4d6afc3b061e8669b4.gif

We have found something although it is not ideal and want everyone’s feedback.  It is at the Best Western Plus about a 5-10 min drive north of the stadium.  They are offering us a meeting room for up to 150 people and it will be about USD 30-35 each (if we fill it up) for 2 hrs of hors d’œuvres, open bar and transportation to the stadium. You will need to get yourselves to the hotel.

comments??

• JamboAl changed the title to UPDATE! Pregame in San José - FEEDBACK NEEDED
5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

We have found something although it is not ideal and want everyone’s feedback.  It is at the Best Western Plus about a 5-10 min drive north of the stadium.  They are offering us a meeting room for up to 150 people and it will be about USD 30-35 each (if we fill it up) for 2 hrs of hors d’œuvres, open bar and transportation to the stadium. You will need to get yourselves to the hotel.

comments??

Count in me for 2 people.

Thanks for organizing this!

6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

comments??

This sounds like a very reasonable plan.

I would be in with 3 others.

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

comments??

Count the 4 of us in. 

Appreciate all the work going into this.  Many thanks.  👍😁👍