2022 World Cup Draw

Jedi Ram

1 hour ago, narduch said:

German media respect us.

French press:

Le meilleur tirage : les États-Unis (15e au classement FIFA), la Tunisie (35e) et l'Arabie saoudite (49e) Au vu des sélections prestigieuses présentes dans le chapeau 2, le scénario le plus favorable pour Didier Deschamps et ses joueurs serait de les voir affronter les États-Unis.

Le meilleur tirage pour l'équipe de France : France / Etats-Unis / Iran / Equateur ou Nouvelle Zélande (en cas de qualification)

Le pire tirage pour l'équipe de France : France / Allemagne / Sénégal / pays de Galles - Ukraine - Ecosse ou Canada

16 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Le pire tirage pour l'équipe de France : France / Allemagne / Sénégal / pays de Galles - Ukraine - Ecosse ou Canada

Hard to take them seriously if they don’t understand the pot rules (can’t have three teams from UEFA)

50 minutes ago, shorty said:

Hard to take them seriously if they don’t understand the pot rules (can’t have three teams from UEFA)

They do have pot 1, 2, 3 and 4 teams.  I dont see the issue.   They're saying that the dont want 

Ger

Sen

and either of Can or the winner of that UEFA playoff

Edited by Free kick

2 hours ago, Califax said:

I'm glad we didn't qualify for a world cup before computer simulation websites were the norm.

It would have been agonizing to do actually work all morning instead of simulating our draw a hundred thousand times. 

Yes but at the same time we now have things like novelty news generators for Arfield April fools to fill our time so it all comes out a wash.

You know TSN is throwing the kitchen sink at something when Duthie is on it…

Say what you want, but I think that’s actually a really smart move by TSN. Duthie is associated with every major hockey event, NBA playoffs, etc… By having him on this stage, the casual Canadian hockey for example will see that and be more inclined to tune in and listen to such a familiar and liked face. Certain to help grow the game in the run up to Qatar.

Also thought Rick Westhead’s quick feature on the economic side of Canadian Soccer players was very well done. Especially interesting to know that both Davies and David have endorsements with Nike and Adidas Canada respectively YET they have never featured in a domestic ad campaign for them. That’s insane. No wonder Canadian football stars are known as “The most famous Canadians outside of Canada” 

Also worth noting, if you have time, TSN has said that Herdman will be IN STUDIO for the draw, as well as being joined by Phonzy and some others I forget for some instant reaction so if you have time, you might want to tune in to the post-draw.

Scianiti is in Qatar for it too, so some really good coverage coming from TSN for this