2022 World Cup Draw

Jedi Ram

On 4/2/2022 at 9:17 AM, Gian-Luca said:

Here's a link to video evidence that you could also tweet if you wish:

I think that result has been excluded because Canada (and Morocco?) didn't consider it an "A" game.

From the CSA website.

image.png.d99fbe82a6dd4fa85a266996585eb104.png

To pile on to the random Croatian guy from Los Angeles, his main reasons for why Morocco and Canada are bad is because of the teams they played in qualifying.

The best teams Croatia played in their group were Russia (36th), Slovakia (45th) and Slovenia (65th). The teams we played against that are in the top 65 in FIFA rankings are Mexico (9th), USA (15th), Costa Rica (31st), Panama (61st), and Jamaica (64th). To round out the group we've got El Salvador (74th) and Honduras (82nd). The rest of Croatia's group is Cyprus (105th) and Malta (169th).

I know FIFA rankings aren't the most precise measure of quality, but I just get annoyed at how people focus on the minnows in CONCACAF (or in this guy's case, use circular logic that Canada must be bad because USA, Mexico, and Costa Rica are bad because Canada finished ahead of them) and ignore the minnows in UEFA.

9 minutes ago, Kent said:

I think that result has been excluded because Canada (and Morocco?) didn't consider it an "A" game.

From the CSA website.

May i ask for the link of where you got that info?  I have been looking for web pages containing data bases for past historical records of matches.

We used to be able to find everything we needed on the FIFA page.  But they took that away🙄.   We use to be able to access filters to: select one team, select a second team or All, select competition type or all, date range, etc etc.  But in their infinite wisdom they didnt think that this was interesting for vistors as is the other bland garbage that have. 

13 minutes ago, Kent said:

From the CSA website.

That's revisionist history on the CSA's part, because nobody considered it a B team at the time and if you look at the players who were on our roster for that match, many would be considered "A" players. Its not like we had a superior squad that was still playing in a World Cup Qualifying match on the same day, and this wasn't a friendly (unlike all the other matches we played against Morocco).

1 hour ago, Kent said:

To pile on to the random Croatian guy from Los Angeles, his main reasons for why Morocco and Canada are bad is because of the teams they played in qualifying.

The best teams Croatia played in their group were Russia (36th), Slovakia (45th) and Slovenia (65th). The teams we played against that are in the top 65 in FIFA rankings are Mexico (9th), USA (15th), Costa Rica (31st), Panama (61st), and Jamaica (64th). To round out the group we've got El Salvador (74th) and Honduras (82nd). The rest of Croatia's group is Cyprus (105th) and Malta (169th).

I know FIFA rankings aren't the most precise measure of quality, but I just get annoyed at how people focus on the minnows in CONCACAF (or in this guy's case, use circular logic that Canada must be bad because USA, Mexico, and Costa Rica are bad because Canada finished ahead of them) and ignore the minnows in UEFA.

I saw that video and I had to laugh at the warped logic he used. Anyway, it's gonna be sweet when we advance to the knock out stage and his superior NT goes golfing or whatever European soccer players do in the off season. Maybe that's learning how to dive more convincingly. And this rant is coming from someone who was rooting for Croatia in the last WC and to this day believes they were robbed by the officiating.

Well Croatia they did make it to the Final 4 years ago and they still have some of the same players but for Morocco they still have their danger man Hakimi plus if Ziyech comes back, Morocco instantly becomes more of a threat.

Then Belgium is Belgium still at the end of the day.

3 hours ago, Free kick said:

May i ask for the link of where you got that info?  I have been looking for web pages containing data bases for past historical records of matches.

We used to be able to find everything we needed on the FIFA page.  But they took that away🙄.   We use to be able to access filters to: select one team, select a second team or All, select competition type or all, date range, etc etc.  But in their infinite wisdom they didnt think that this was interesting for vistors as is the other bland garbage that have. 

https://www.canadasoccer.com/national-teams/matches/

Funnily enough, this page got worse in recent times as well. You used to be able to view more info about each match in a nice table, including seeing the attendance of the game and what the competition was. If you click on any game though you can find some more info.

4 hours ago, Kent said:

https://www.canadasoccer.com/national-teams/matches/

Funnily enough, this page got worse in recent times as well. You used to be able to view more info about each match in a nice table, including seeing the attendance of the game and what the competition was. If you click on any game though you can find some more info.

Thanks.  Its now bookmarked