2022 World Cup Draw

Jedi Ram

39 minutes ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

OneSoccer +Rogers fuming 

They shouldn't be. TSN have had WC rights before OS existed. Rogers has never shown the World Cup.

For the first time, TSN is sending one of their own to the draw (aside from WWC15 draw in Ottawa). It will also be their longest draw show at 4 hours - above my guess of 2.5-3 hours. Actual draw time is quite short at 1 hour - usually the host country entertainment portion & European styled pleasantries alone take about 30 minutes. Should be also shown on RDS & FOX.

18 hours ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

OneSoccer +Rogers fuming 

One Soccer couldn't afford the rights if they tried. Either way, I'm sure they'll have a live reaction stream of the draw. They can't show the draw, but they can sure react to it and push out content. 

Been checking everyday at FIFA.com and other new sources for the details of the draw format.  So far nada.

The 2022 FIFA World Cup gets one step closer on Friday, April 1 when the official World Cup draw takes place in the host nation of Qatar.

TSN has full coverage of the draw, beginning at 11 AM ET/8 AM PT with a one-hour pre-show, followed by the draw at noon ET /9 AM PT. After the draw has concluded, coverage continues with a two-hour post-show at 1 PM ET/11 AM PT. A review show follows at 7 PM ET/4 PM ET. TSN's Matt Scianitti will be live in Doha and will be gathering reaction from around the world following the draw.

7 hours ago, narduch said:

Did a quick search and this might actually be nearly impossible unless he charters

Many other NT managers around the world should be in the same boat as Herdman in that their teams play on the 29th and 30th.   Hence, if he cant make it to the draw, he wont be alone.   

By the way,  there is no reason why the NT managers need to be there anyways. as long as someone from the CSA is there, that should suffice 

Edited by Free kick

1 hour ago, Free kick said:

By the way,  there is no reason why the NT managers need to be there anyways. as long as someone from the CSA is there, that should suffice 

The draw show tv producers won't be happy. Tons of money shots will be missing. 

Then post-draw, it will be interesting to hear which our group foe managers know anything about Canada. 

15 minutes ago, red card said:

The draw show tv producers won't be happy. Tons of money shots will be missing. 

Then post-draw, it will be interesting to hear which our group foe managers know anything about Canada. 

I can tell you with a high degree of confidence what every manager will say about every team in their group, including Canada.   They will say that their opponent is a good team, will represent a tough challenge, that they have good players,  that they are well managed  etc. the usual safe stuff that will serve the purpose of not giving your opponent extra motivation.   

My guess is that European or South American managers wont know anything about Concacaf other than what they can see in standing for WCQ.   Its likely that the Belgian, French and German managers will have heard of a few of our players but other managers (from other countries), its not likely. 

But as soon as they know that we are in their group,  they will start getting their hands on all the film they can about our games from the past year and half.   That way, when they line up on the pitch to play, they will (only then) really know about our players.  therefore,  i believe that the best time to asked them about what they think about are team is in the days before the WC starts.

This is my guess from what i am able to decern from reading between the lines.  

Edited by Free kick

3 hours ago, Free kick said:

Many other NT managers around the world should be in the same boat as Herdman in that their teams play on the 29th and 30th.   Hence, if he cant make it to the draw, he wont be alone.   

Why do the NT managers need to be there ?  I do not get that.  IMHO, they should let the fans in.  Can you imagine the noise and cheering from them ?  As oppose to them who just sit stoic and politely cheer like a Royal Family.

2 hours ago, Jedi Ram said:

Why do the NT managers need to be there ?  I do not get that.  IMHO, they should let the fans in.  Can you imagine the noise and cheering from them ?  As oppose to them who just sit stoic and politely cheer like a Royal Family.

Let the fans in LOL.  If you thought booing commissioners at the draft was fun, drunk fans chanting at the FIFA execs and the Qataris who bought the tournament would be next level.

On 2/24/2022 at 8:46 PM, Jedi Ram said:

"April 1 : Final Draw for the World Cup Qatar 2022

The draw for the group stage of the tournament will take place in Doha on Friday, April 1, 2022.  At this point, 30 out of the 32 participants will be known, with the remaining two being determined through the intercontinental play-offs taking place in June, having being delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic."

No additional details were released.  

SOURCE Official documents (fifa.com) - FIFA Annual Report 2021 - Page 8

72nd Congress will begin on March 31, which IMHO, will reveal the pots and draw procedures as they would formally be approved.

I love that the Draw is on April 1st especially on April Fools Day

On 3/9/2022 at 10:56 AM, Jedi Ram said:

Scotland and Poland confirmed that they are exploring of playing friendlies on March 24 as their UEFA WC qualifying match was postponed / cancelled.  My logical conclusion would be to have both countries play with each other.  Scotland has confirmed that they will play the loser of Wales-Austria match on March 29.  Loser of Sweden-Czech was supposed to play Loser of Russia-Poland as originally planned.   Sources : various news outlets online

March 24 - Wales-Austria, Sweden-Czech, Scotland vs unknown friendly, Poland vs unknown friendly.

March 29 - Scotland vs loser of Wales-Austria, Poland vs winner Sweden-Czech. Loser Sweden-Czech vs unknown friendly.

Just as I predicted = Scotland and Poland will play friendly on March 24.  Confirmed by various news sources.

MAR 24 = Scotland vs Poland [Friendly], Wales vs Austria, Sweden vs Czech.

MAR 29 = Scotland vs loser of Wales-Austria [Friendly], Poland vs winner Sweden-Czech

TBD = Loser of Sweden-Czech vs ??? [Friendly] = various rumors have winner of Wales-Austria play them

TBD = Ukraine vs Scotland - Even though the match is postponed to June, Ukraine manager admits that it may not happen when 16 national players are at Ukraine defending their land.

As of now, with 16 days to go, no details of the WC Final Draw has been released.

Procedures for the Final Draw for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ released

Three key points to note as the procedures were officially released;

[1] - Three unknown teams will be placed in Pot 4 regardless of their rank.

[2] - Teams from same confederation will be kept apart in each of the 8 groups except UEFA where 5 of 8 groups will have 2 UEFA teams.

[3] - While the teams are being slotted to each group, stadiums, match schedule, it will still be unknown as to exact time it will be played.  It would be released far later to maximize the television audience.

On 3/12/2022 at 5:36 PM, Jedi Ram said:

Lets have a NFL draft show kind of Vibe lol