2022 World Cup Draw

Jedi Ram

7 minutes ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

You know TSN is throwing the kitchen sink at something when Duthie is on it…

Say what you want, but I think that’s actually a really smart move by TSN. Duthie is associated with every major hockey event, NBA playoffs, etc… By having him on this stage, the casual Canadian hockey for example will see that and be more inclined to tune in and listen to such a familiar and liked face. Certain to help grow the game in the run up to Qatar.

I agree, I have listened to Duthie discuss the game on few radio shows.  He is not a neophyt when it comes to soccer.   He know enough about the game to not be out of place.  He mentioned once that he lives on the same street as Alastair johnston's family. and knows them

Edited by Free kick

3 minutes ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

Also worth noting, if you have time, TSN has said that Herdman will be IN STUDIO for the draw, as well as being joined by Phonzy and some others I forget for some instant reaction so if you have time, you might want to tune in to the post-draw.

Scianiti is in Qatar for it too, so some really good coverage coming from TSN for this

Yeah I agree, really pleased with TSN's coverage. *Almost* makes up for abandoning the team.

The OneSoccer watchalong on Youtube has thousands of viewers and plenty from nations the world over. Perhaps because they don't call it a specifically Canada watch party. 

They just said it is the most viewed Draw Watch on right now on YT, the chat comments just fly past you can't even read them.

10 minutes ago, Free kick said:

I agree, I have listened to Duthie discuss the game on few radio shows.  He is not a neophyt when it comes to soccer.   He know enough about the game to not be out of place.  He mentioned once that he lives on the same street as Alastair johnston's family. and knows them

The Duthies lived a couple of streets away from me in Blackburn Hamlet in the late 70s early 80s and I can vouch that the kids played sports, including soccer. Don’t think Jamie ever played for the Hornets though. Don’t remember. He was a few years ahead of me. 

4 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The OneSoccer watchalong on Youtube has thousands of viewers and plenty from nations the world over. Perhaps because they don't call it a specifically Canada watch party. 

They just said it is the most viewed Draw Watch on right now on YT, the chat comments just fly past you can't even read them.

The comments are worldwide spam. Lots of Arabic script.

4 minutes ago, shorty said:

The Duthies lived a couple of streets away from me in Blackburn Hamlet in the late 70s early 80s and I can vouch that the kids played sports, including soccer. Don’t think Jamie ever played for the Hornets though. Don’t remember. He was a few years ahead of me. 

Duthie was a CJOH News legend.

I think I read somewhere that he and Alastair Johnston are close or something like that.  I think the two families live near each other.  So he's slowly getting educated.

4 minutes ago, Lansdude said:

The comments are worldwide spam. Lots of Arabic script.

"Arabic script is spam", what a douche.

First of all, there are a lot of comments from all over the world, I am seeing as I write Iran (which is not Arabic you moron) and then Macedonia, Morocco, Argentina, the US, Saudi Arabia. 

Do spam comments also vote on the surveys? 

According to @Lansdudethe CMNT is full of spam players I suppose.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

16 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

So when do they start pulling the hot balls…?  

I am multitasking during a very busy work day and have a call in 15 minutes so not sure when I need to start paying full attention   

People in the audience have been told to switch their phones off.

EDIT:  Never mind.  They're doing some cornball cartoon crapola first, that looks as if it could go on for a while.

Edited by vancanman

14 minutes ago, QBCS said:

Seeing James Duthie do a full show on the world cup and Canada is odd, seeing him do hockey for years and now covering soccer for a whole show is surreal

Former Hornets soccer player I believe. 

4 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

"Arabic script is spam", what a douche.

First of all, there are a lot of comments from all over the world, I am seeing as I write Iran (which is not Arabic you moron) and then Macedonia, Morocco, Argentina, the US, Saudi Arabia. 

Do spam comments also vote on the surveys? 

According to @Lansdudethe CMNT is full of spam players I suppose.

Okay pal. Poor reading comprehension, try again.