2022 World Cup Draw

Jedi Ram

Not a bad draw at all. Belgium is a match I was interested in. They are an offensive team and thats how we should play them too, not sitting back. Like them, we are at our best playing attacking football. If both teams play with no reservations, that could be classic. Park the bus and we get destroyed.

Croatia is usually an attacking team too while Morocco have quality scoring threats. Go for it. 

Preperation is now everything. The Nations League matches are a massive hindrance right now. There shouldn't be a Nations League in a World Cup year. I like the tournament idea, but it is a glorified friendly tournament at the end of the day. We should be playing WC opponents or closely ranked teams in June. Build that as part 1 of our prep heading in to tougher preperation in September with a final game or two in November.

I would like to see 8 top tier prep matches. If we have to play the Nations League, use it as a platform for our depth, U20, CanPL and other MLS guys or other players we could begin to evaluate for 2026 or the Olympics or youth World Cups. I hope the CSA doesnt cheap out in June. Play top friendlies simultaneously with the Nations League if possible.

Or, more to the point, I would like to see concacaf lobbied to have the WC teams exempt from the Nations League for June. 

Edited by Joe Keeper

43 minutes ago, shaku_bert said:

Yoiks, haven't been posting in a while.  I am married to a Belgian and I know all her cousins, nephews, etc are pee-ing themselves with glee as they think it is "cute" that Canada tries to qualify for the WC.  I think, on our day, Canada could give the Belgians fits and I would love to be that smug a-hole in-law poking them over a Canadian "upset".  It's an OK group for Canada I think.

To be fair to them, I think it's cute that Belgians try to play basketball...😛

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Lol.  So after waiting 36 years are we literally going to be the last country pulled in the draw? 

You know the minority soccer gods Herdman was talking about that rigged the Costa Rica game, well they weren't too  happy that we qualified and the majority of the soccer gods didn't want us CONCACAFed, so the shitty soccer gods asked if they could at least tease us by drawing our ball last.

9 minutes ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

Is there any way to watch TSN's post-draw coverage again? Is it replay-able. Had to run. Or is it even worth it?

Make sure your Fast forward button is functioning.  or watch out that you dont break it in the process

after watching this again you will be forever grateful to the individual who invented the >>>Fast Forward>>> button

Edited by Free kick

2 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

COuld have been a lot worse, although testing ourselves against the best of the best could have been a confidence builder. Croatia will like this draw.

They'll think they like it but we know better.