2022 World Cup Draw

Jedi Ram

2 hours ago, InBorjanWeTrust said:

It's so unfortunate we can't be drawn in a group with Mexico or the USA. The two worst teams in pot 2 by far.

I'm actually predicting the US may surprise this World Cup. Other than losing to the Kings of the North theyve actually been not bad with an inconsistent roster.

It's nice being in pot 2 of course but I'm saying they get out of their group

Edited by SpursFlu

The way I see it, there are 2 important things for Canada:

(1) Get Qatar from Pot 1 - 15.375% chance, by my calculations

(2) Avoid GER/NED/DEN from Pot 2 - haven't calculated, but should be roughly 50% chance

By my calculations, we have a 6.75% chance of getting both (i.e. really favourable draw). The chances of getting neither (i.e. tough group with a Top 7 country plus GER/NED/DEN) should therefore be around 40%.

12 minutes ago, archer21 said:

That’s actually pretty favourable. If pot 1 are clinched, they may rest players in the final match.

Was thinking the same thing. 

Also going to be massively important to win that first match if we have any dreams of advancing

Edited by narduch

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Now that we know we are in pot 4 we also know the order of our opponents. 

Our 1st World Cup match will be against the Pot 3 team. Followed by the Pot 2 team and then finally Pot 1

So right off the bat the first match is a must win

Edited by ADP10

2 hours ago, narduch said:

Our 1st World Cup match will be against the Pot 3 team. Followed by the Pot 2 team and then finally Pot 1

We know that Pot A teams become the first team in their group (A1, B1 etc), but all other teams are also drawn into their group seeding (ie Canada could be A2, A3 or A4).

3 hours ago, narduch said:

I am surprised to hear this.    has this changed this year?  What they used to do was was draw the teams out of a pot and them draw a number from 1 to 4 to determine where they get place in the group of four.   That way if you get placed in group C (for example) and draw the number 3,  this would mean that your fist match would be against the team in your group that drew number 2.   And so forth.   

Edited by Free kick

24 minutes ago, theaub said:

We know that Pot A teams become the first team in their group (A1, B1 etc), but all other teams are also drawn into their group seeding (ie Canada could be A2, A3 or A4).

Correct,  this is my understanding as well.

1st match day:  C1 vs C4;  C2 vs C3;

2nd match day:  C1 vs C3; C4 vs +C2

3rd match day:  C1 vs C2;  C3vs C4

hence, when you get drawn into a group, they go to another pot to draw a number from 1-4  for you to determine which slot you go into.  

Edited by Free kick

27 minutes ago, theaub said:

Ah OK.

Thanks for the clarification.