Tickets for Jamaica 27th

Admin

7 minutes ago, Team Canada said:

So with a max of four seats that means about 5000-6000 Red and White members (likely ones who are closer to the GTA) can sell out most of the seats, given that the Vs probably have about 4000 seats or so allotted to them from 111-119 -- I guess we will see how many members they get before next Thursday.....

....when do the first complaints of "I didn't get my code - and that's the main reason I bought the Red and White membership in the first place" get posted --- 10:01AM, 10:02AM?....😄

It's really unfortunate that to get a good chance at any tickets for this game for you and your friends (I'm talking non-Voyageurs) you basically have to buy the CR+W membership. Probably just going to split the $50 between the 4 of us which is unfortunate.

Edited by Ally McCoist

22 minutes ago, Ally McCoist said:

It's really unfortunate that to get a good chance at any tickets for this game for you and your friends (I'm talking non-Voyageurs) you basically have to buy the CR+W membership. Probably just going to split the $50 between the 4 of us which is unfortunate.

Not trying to be insensitive, but it is an extra $12.50 for advance access to tickets.   For me to go to the game there would be a $400 airfare and $300-$400 in hotel costs.  So it is all relative.  

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not trying to be insensitive, but it is an extra $12.50 for advance access to tickets.   For me to go to the game there would be a $400 airfare and $300-$400 in hotel costs.  So it is all relative.  

No no you're good I'm not complaining about having to split $12.50 among 4 people but rather I'm complaining about the principle of a pay-to-play like system that has now been created for this match.

$1500 in airfare for 2 people (Winnipeg to Toronto spring break prices), $600 for hotel for 3 nights , $50 in red and white membership fees, no tickets for the match yet, don't even know the ticket prices.

This is going to be great! 

Paying the $50 and presumably being able to secure tickets to the game is a bargain for out of province travellers. It is going to cost me more to check my luggage. Who knows what it will cost to get to the hotel from the airport. Food, beer, etc... 

I wouldn't want to miss this match for anything!

4 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

$12 is a lot for some people( not specifically the person you are replying to) , there's no need to compare to your own situation. 

Edited by footballer123

1 hour ago, footballer123 said:

$12 is a lot for some people( not specifically the person you are replying to) , there's no need to compare to your own situation. 

I think the point is that most of the country has been told that they should show their support for the team by spending hundreds on flights and accommodation, taking time off work to travel, AND chance their luck in getting their hands on tickets. Reading people privileged enough to have easy geographical access to more than 70% of all games moan about a modest fee isn't going to illicit much sympathy in that regard.

12 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

I think the point is that most of the country has been told that they should show their support for the team by spending hundreds on flights and accommodation, taking time off work to travel, AND chance their luck in getting their hands on tickets. Reading people privileged enough to have easy geographical access to more than 70% of all games moan about a modest fee isn't going to illicit much sympathy in that regard.

But you need to understand the privilege people who can even think of doing all that to go to a game have over all those people who can barely afford to pay $12 extra. This isn't about where the game is.

Imagine a fan whos getting by life with the bare minimum income they need to survive with saves up enough money to go to a game and they dare complain online about the extra fee they might have to pay but is told it's nothing compared to all the people who can afford to spend unimaginable amounts just to go to a game and shouldn't "moan" about it.

Your take is very odd, there really isn't anything new about understanding the value of money to other people. 

4 hours ago, footballer123 said:

But you need to understand the privilege people who can even think of doing all that to go to a game have over all those people who can barely afford to pay $12 extra. This isn't about where the game is.

Imagine a fan whos getting by life with the bare minimum income they need to survive with saves up enough money to go to a game and they dare complain online about the extra fee they might have to pay but is told it's nothing compared to all the people who can afford to spend unimaginable amounts just to go to a game and shouldn't "moan" about it.

Your take is very odd, there really isn't anything new about understanding the value of money to other people. 

I'm not going to pretend that I have any particular insight into other people's financial situations. However, I stand by my statement. $12.50 is less than the Ontario minimum wage. I dare say that if you can't afford paying that amount to qualify for the ticket sale window, you're probably best watching the match on TV. There's no shame in that. But, asking for sympathy when most of the country has zero chance to watch their national team play matches isn't likely to get you anywhere.

2 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

I'm not going to pretend that I have any particular insight into other people's financial situations. However, I stand by my statement. $12.50 is less than the Ontario minimum wage. I dare say that if you can't afford paying that amount to qualify for the ticket sale window, you're probably best watching the match on TV. There's no shame in that. But, asking for sympathy when most of the country has zero chance to watch their national team play matches isn't likely to get you anywhere.

First off, I wasn't asking for anyone's sympathy I simply stated it was unnecessary to compare.

I'm still struggling understand if you are just really out of touch or simply too angry that there aren't more games near you. So what I understand is you have the right to complain because there are less games around you but people who can't afford a extra fee don't. Also doesn't matter if they can't go to any games because of the extra fee but it matters if people can't go to because the majority of games are held in a different location. 

I don't know why you're so intent on location, it's just 2 sets of people in different situations both struggling to watch a game live.   

51 minutes ago, Ryan Page said:

Praying my dumbass can sort out my browser this time.  If i miss out on this I'm gonna be the saddest man.  This is the last fun thing I get to do before I become dad.  😅

Don't worry you will still get to do lots of fun things after you become a Dad too (LOL) - I've brainwashed....ummm...taught, my daughter to love soccer from pretty much birth and we have been going to every TFC home opener since she was about 4 or 5 (we will be there on Saturday too and she's 16 now (they grow up fast so take lots of pictures and videos) -- a teenager still wanting to hang out with their father  -- shocking (HA HA HA!!) -- I have been to the Panama and USA games with her as well in this run (and Jamaica too!) -- sharing all of this with my kid has been awesome....so while there will be many sleepless nights ahead, and various worries from money to health to everything in between when having a kid -- I can speak from experience and say there is "light" on the other side, and you will get to be a human again -- and maybe even a better one for getting to share all of this with your kid.....Congrats!

14 hours ago, SoccMan said:

Sorry stupid question but I’m an old fart , are we getting a code emailed to us if we are a V’s member ?  Also if we are a CR member are they emailing us a code as well ?

Email is our backup.

We are working on way to get them into the profile on your account on the site. 

Once we have tested that and make sure it works, we will put the codes in your profile.

If we are not confident with that, we will email them in order of people joining. 

5 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

My original argument wasn't about not being able to afford $12.50. My original argument is that this game has now added a paywall to get access to tickets.  

I have 3 bold predictions for this game. 

(1) They are going to raise ticket prices for this game compared to previous BMO games to capitalize on the higher demand. The fact that no prices have been given at the same time as the announcement is a bit sus.

(2) The game will be at least 50% sold out by the of the advanced presale.

(3) The game will be 100% sold out by the end of the advanced presale and the CanadaRed presale. 

I hope I'm wrong. 

And I just want to reiterate I completely understand why all of this is happening - basic supply and demand and capitalism 101. That is life.

7 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Didn't this already happened when they sold THF at 100% capacity the first time?

Yup. If you have access to the advanced sale, will that also mean you’ll get the code for the pre sale?  From how I read it, I believe yes, but I’m guessing you can only get 4 tickets all day.  So if I bought four in the advanced, maxing out there, I doubt I could get 2 more let’s say in the pre sale (does that make sense?).

10 minutes ago, Kyle_The_Hill said:

None of these predictions are bold and all will happen.

Let's be real -- the 4 ticket limit max (Red and White) will be bought by most who get through that morning (a smaller "hunger games" hopefully) and that will eat up most of the stadium I would bet, long before 12PM rolls around -- I would bet the "Canada Red" presale will be done within minutes....if it sees much of anything at all. 

Whether we like it our not, scalpers can do math too -- it is more than worth buying a $50 membership to them, to buy four tickets (as opposed to two) that can be sold for hundreds of profit....frankly the Red and White presale should probably have made it a 2 ticket limit this time too - if greater access to a greater number of different people was the goal (and yes, I know lots of people who want tickets so getting 4 will help me personally, but not the wider population). The tickets will end up in the hands of those who can pay the $50, and their friends and family, and the secondary market for huge mark-ups. That's what will happen. I'm not sure as many "new" fans will be going to games, as much as it will be the "same" ones, and those with greater means.  Are we growing the wider audience by doing this? I'm not so sure......

This is interesting, from the Canada Soccer announcement for the match: "Visiting supporters have been allocated designated seating in Section 203 at BMO Field and are strongly encouraged to purchase tickets in this allocated section."

In Section 203 there are exactly... 170 seats. Or course there's nothing to stop Jamaican supporters from buying tickets in other sections, but I'm guessing (and Canada Soccer is expecting) that we won't see a lot of visiting supporters at this match.

FWIW, Canada Soccer is offering roughly the same number of tickets to Jamaican supporters as the Costa Rican federation offered to Canadians supporters for the March 24 match in San Jose.

On 3/3/2022 at 9:54 PM, Rougeisthecolour said:

$1500 in airfare for 2 people (Winnipeg to Toronto spring break prices), $600 for hotel for 3 nights , $50 in red and white membership fees, no tickets for the match yet, don't even know the ticket prices.

This is going to be great! 

Paying the $50 and presumably being able to secure tickets to the game is a bargain for out of province travellers. It is going to cost me more to check my luggage. Who knows what it will cost to get to the hotel from the airport. Food, beer, etc... 

I wouldn't want to miss this match for anything!

Watching Les Rouges qualify for Qatar... priceless 

Apologies if this was explained earlier, but just a quick point for clarification: with the Canada Red + White membership, do you just get an email at 10 AM on the 10th with a unique access code for purchasing the tickets? I'm always a bit leery of emails not coming through on time and given how big an event this is likely to be, I want to make sure I don't miss out.