Tickets for Jamaica 27th

Admin

Rough take.... this is not finalized yet.

The ticketing for the Jamaica game will be done with codes, so no hunger games situation.

2 Ticket limit

We are considering breaking the membership into groups, based roughly on join times around the games.  These groups will have long windows to buy tickets. The time frame will not matter since it is a code situation and not a link/pw.  This extra time will allow people to 'explore alternative pre sale options......' and not have to chose one path or the other.

The windows to buy tickets will be long, but again, does not matter because it will be fixed single use codes.

We still think there is a really good chance most people will get tickets. However, it is hard to say what the uptake will be with people coming from out of town.  

We have a potential 1 to 1 ticket solution in the future, that will allow grouping of up to 9 people, but that was not possible to implement this game. 

3 hours ago, Foul Mouthed Admin said:

The ticketing for the Jamaica game will be done with codes, so no hunger games situation.

2 Ticket limit

We are considering breaking the membership into groups, based roughly on join times around the games.  These groups will have long windows to buy tickets. The time frame will not matter since it is a code situation and not a link/pw.  This extra time will allow people to 'explore alternative pre sale options......' and not have to chose one path or the other.

The windows to buy tickets will be long, but again, does not matter because it will be fixed single use codes.

We still think there is a really good chance most people will get tickets. However, it is hard to say what the uptake will be with people coming from out of town.  

We have a potential 1 to 1 ticket solution in the future, that will allow grouping of up to 9 people, but that was not possible to implement this game. 

Sorry but i dont undertand any of this.

1 minute ago, Free kick said:

Sorry but i dont undertand any of this.

Here’s my interpretation/understanding.

Ticket codes will be given in groups based on when they signed up for their membership. It will be a staggered approach, and controlled by single use codes making time (having to be in the queue at 10am sharp) not an issue. Guys like @gator missing out to “”newbies”” who know how to move faster.😉

That first group will be given enough time to explore their options in the presale with other seats(outside of the Voyaguers allotment) before making their ticket purchase. 

I did this for my own clarification as well lol. 

22 minutes ago, Shway said:

Here’s my interpretation/understanding.

Ticket codes will be given in groups based on when they signed up for their membership. It will be a staggered approach, and controlled by single use codes making time (having to be in the queue at 10am sharp) not an issue. Guys like @gator missing out to “”newbies”” who know how to move faster.😉

That first group will be given enough time to explore their options in the presale with other seats(outside of the Voyaguers allotment) before making their ticket purchase. 

I did this for my own clarification as well lol. 

Thats a bit better.  Does this mean that we each get a unique code that we can used over a couple of days.  Or will the same generic code be issued to everyone but some people will get it before others?  What are fixed single use codes?  

i never watched the hunger games 😀. So i dont know what that means.  What is meant by: “We have a potential 1 to 1 ticket solution in the future, that will allow grouping of up to 9 people?”

Edited by Free kick

5 hours ago, Free kick said:

What is meant by: “We have a potential 1 to 1 ticket solution in the future, that will allow grouping of up to 9 people?”

You can only buy 1 ticket each, but you can request which members you'd like to be grouped with.  So you all have to buy your tickets separately and then fill out a form saying "I want to sit with Free Kick/Joey Jeremiah/Wheels/Snake".  

6 hours ago, Free kick said:

Thats a bit better.  Does this mean that we each get a unique code that we can used over a couple of days.  Or will the same generic code be issued to everyone but some people will get it before others?  What are fixed single use codes?  

i never watched the hunger games 😀. So i dont know what that means.  What is meant by: “We have a potential 1 to 1 ticket solution in the future, that will allow grouping of up to 9 people?”

There will be unique codes for each member.  Once used, they can no longer be used again.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

There will be unique codes for each member.  Once used, they can no longer be used again.

Thanks.  The key word there is: “Unique”.   As in unique codes or unique single use codes.   The term used was “Fixed single used codes”.   Thats what threw me off and confused me.  

Edited by Free kick

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I'm sure it's a work in progress but do you guys have a rough idea as how tiering of Voyageurs would work?

Again as a recent-ish member, I support this move but would love some insight into things like how many groups, what the cut-offs for each group might be etc

13 minutes ago, lbula17 said:

So kind of like what happened with the Hamilton redo? 

My assumption would be similar to that, but even more sophisticated (there wasn't single use codes then)
I definitely don't have the answers, so check the red tag guys for that.

2 minutes ago, gator said:

This is great, due to my seniority I look forward to scooping up as many tickets as possible of my choice!🤣

But you can't..... though they say no press is bad press.  So if you did go on a killing rampage and hunt people down, break into their homes and torture them for their codes... well it would make a good story.

17 hours ago, Foul Mouthed Admin said:

2 Ticket limit

I have enjoyed your username change, but for the integrity of the good work all you admins are doing, you should probably go back to keeping your true colours hidden, just a suggestion.

JS

All of this is confusing to me, So it wont be a contest to get tickets like where I had to wait at 10AM? Also, will it be One ticket per ticketmaster account or two per ticketmaster account?

Edited by QBCS
Sounded like I was calling it confusing to everyone, I was just confused

16 hours ago, Foul Mouthed Admin said:

We are considering breaking the membership into groups, based roughly on join times around the games.

Just to be 100% clear, the date when you signed up for paid membership correct?

Just for people to get a rough idea where they stand if we use this method:

Remind us, what was the first date paid membership was introduced?

How many paid members do we currently have?

How many members did we have in late August ( before the Honduras game in Sept 2021 and this current cycle ) ?

7 minutes ago, QBCS said:

All of this is confusing to me, So it wont be a contest to get tickets like where I had to wait at 10AM? Also, will it be One ticket per ticketmaster account or two per ticketmaster account?

Yes and no. If you were amongst the first xxxx (TBD) members, you will be pretty much guaranteed to be able to buy one or two tickets as long as you do it before the next set of codes are released to newer members.  And that would be many hours and not minutes.    

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Yes and no. If you were amongst the first xxxx (TBD) members, you will be pretty much guaranteed to be able to buy one or two tickets as long as you do it before the next set of codes are released to newer members.    

The first people that had signed up for CanadaRed? Or the first members on the ticketmaster thing?