TICKET PROBLEM - Costa Rica vs Canada - San Jose

Admin

Just now, goleafs67 said:

Just tried another Scotia card and same error message. One was a debit Visa, the other a Visa credit card.

Clearly the CR federation was lying to us when they said our cards would work!

@Foul Mouthed Admin/ @JamboAlany word on when the general sale will start?

Same. The closest I got was entering card type as "Otra" (other). But I have tried with 2 cards now, no dice.

I wonder if the problem is that Scotiabank in Central America is different from Scotiabank here.  Same parent holding company but a completely different company.  My RBC card was treated like a complete foreign bank card at RBC ATM’s with foreign transaction fees in Barbados even though it’s the same parent co.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I wonder if the problem is that Scotiabank in Central America is different from Scotiabank here.  Same parent holding company but a completely different company.  My RBC card was treated like a complete foreign bank card at RBC ATM’s with foreign transaction fees in Barbados even though it’s the same parent co.

Completely possible... was just relying on what the federation told Jamie (see Facebook group comments) about Canadian cards being included in the presale.

1 minute ago, rrwilson2 said:

What are people entering in the 

Tipo Cedula:  

Cédula de la persona que Asistirá:

fields? I have the rest figured out but don't know what these two are.

Cedula is the identification card.......i have been inputting my name, as it won't accept a cdn passport number or a BC Drivers license number. I am on the line with specialticket.net now querying this.......they are a bit slow but seem helpful.......

Just now, Liam Collins said:

Cedula is the identification card.......i have been inputting my name, as it won't accept a cdn passport number or a BC Drivers license number. I am on the line with specialticket.net now querying this.......they are a bit slow but seem helpful.......

Tipo Cedula: extranjero

Cedula de la persona qui asistira: TBD

3 minutes ago, theaub said:

I just put eleven 1's and it got me through (but not past the Scotiabank check).  No idea if it matters for actually getting into the game though.

Same thing - "Error:Dear user. This is an Exclusive pre-sale ONLY for Scotiabank cardholders. Best regards" - thanks to Google Translate.  ScotiaBank Visa.

1 minute ago, Liam Collins said:

....and I quote "you can buy with all card from Friday at the same hour, 12".

Thank you. We can only hope that the words "all card" have a wider definition than the words "Scotiabank card" had in their original statement.

To everyone who gave up several hours of their day today to help me and others get tickets - thank you from the bottom of my heart.  We will all try again on Friday.

2 minutes ago, umpiredice said:

Thank you. We can only hope that the words "all card" have a wider definition than the words "Scotiabank card" had in their original statement.

To everyone who gave up several hours of their day today to help me and others get tickets - thank you from the bottom of my heart.  We will all try again on Friday.

Just wanted to echo this. Thanks everyone! ❤️

4 minutes ago, Liam Collins said:

....and I quote "you can buy with all card from Friday at the same hour, 12".

Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us.

Curious that there are currently 200 seats showing as sold in the section 27?    

image.png.904704e4303bdc2fae0c526bddf83443.png

A bit more at ease seeing that the majority of seats here in Section 27 and all of the seats in the adjacent section 26 are unsold. 

Will definitely be checking this pretty much hourly until Friday.

On 2/16/2022 at 11:51 AM, Liam Collins said:

The ticket agency advises to try entering passport numbers preceded by 3 "0"s....

ie. 000XX####### 

It wants numbers only.

And as of 8:41a PST today, it still says "Error:Estimado usuario. Esta es una preventa Exclusiva SÓLO para tarjetahabientes de Scotiabank. Saludos Cordiales"

Edited by umpiredice

7 minutes ago, umpiredice said:

It wants numbers only.

I was able to get it to work by entering 000, then the number component of my passport #, then clicking in the right place in the filed and typing the letters after the 000s. Also make sure you have the "Tipo Cedula" set to "extranjero"....

Edited by Liam Collins

@Foul Mouthed Admin/ @JamboAl: what's the plan here? or is there even a coordinated plan?

Just want to make sure we're all aligned so no one takes a bath. A couple questions:

• Do we know how many of us are trying to buy extras to get back the 50 the CR federation clawed back?
  • Do we have a sense for how much solid V's demand exists beyond the 200?
  • Should we all be trying for five or will potentially over buy?

If we should just fend for ourselves that's fine, just let us know. Thanks again for dealing with all the BS heaped on you from our scared opponents :)

4 minutes ago, goleafs67 said:

@Foul Mouthed Admin/ @JamboAl: what's the plan here? or is there even a coordinated plan?

Just want to make sure we're all aligned so no one takes a bath. A couple questions:

• Do we know how many of us are trying to buy extras to get back the 50 the CR federation clawed back?
  • Do we have a sense for how much solid V's demand exists beyond the 200?
  • Should we all be trying for five or will potentially over buy?

If we should just fend for ourselves that's fine, just let us know. Thanks again for dealing with all the BS heaped on you from our scared opponents :)

At this point, none. 

People have had ample warning, and it should be open to all CCs

Have been told by locals the game will sell out, but not like the pre sales here.  People should have ample time to buy tickets. 

3 minutes ago, Foul Mouthed Admin said:

At this point, none. 

People have had ample warning, and it should be open to all CCs

Have been told by locals the game will sell out, but not like the pre sales here.  People should have ample time to buy tickets. 

Ok thanks for the context. So just to confirm, you don't want us to buy any extras? Just cover our own group?