Paul Amedume

VinceA

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, narduch said:

Laughably North Texas plays at Arlington Stadium. Former Stadium of baseball's Texas Rangers

Not sure if it’s laughable. More like, “pathetic how easily duped local governments are to pay for massive stadiums for professional teams owned by billionaires.”

Then teams just move out long before they need to.

8 hours ago, RS said:

Not sure if it’s laughable. More like, “pathetic how easily duped local governments are to pay for massive stadiums for professional teams owned by billionaires.”

Then teams just move out long before they need to.

Apparently the stadium cost $191M to build.  I suspect that the Rangers paid more than that in rent over the almost 30 years they played there.

Stadiums like this aren't as good a deal as some people like to claim, but aren't the catastrophe's others will also claim.  Arlington seems to be one of those, "if you build it, they will come" cities.  Every stadium the Texas Rangers has ever called home has been in Arlington, the last two stadiums for the Dallas Cowboys have been in Arlington, Six Flags originated in Arlington.  Sports and entertainment venues seem to be by design for Arlington.

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

It’s great to see him getting so many minutes as a Pacific fan. We could use another U21 option. Does their season end in June?

Lol you wishful thinking much.

Season finishes in September, with playsoffs to follow I believe.

4 hours ago, devioustrevor said:

Apparently the stadium cost $191M to build.  I suspect that the Rangers paid more than that in rent over the almost 30 years they played there.

I wouldn’t necessarily assume that. While I couldn’t find any information on how much the Rangers paid to the city during their time there, there have been cases where the MLB team paid very little to have access to their stadiums. For example, even after the city of Cincinnati tax payers funded 86% of the stadium construction costs, the Reds only need to pay $1 (one dollar) per year to use the stadium until 2037. So yeah, I would actually guess the rent from the rangers from the 30 years probably didn’t cover the construction cost (without even adjusting for inflation).

38 minutes ago, Shway said:

Lol you wishful thinking much.

Season finishes in September, with playsoffs to follow I believe.

September makes much more sense. Transfermarkt only shows games until the start of June for some reason. Do they play a Aperatura/Clausura type deal or is it just wrong

5 hours ago, devioustrevor said:

Stadiums like this aren't as good a deal as some people like to claim, but aren't the catastrophe's others will also claim.  Arlington seems to be one of those, "if you build it, they will come" cities.  Every stadium the Texas Rangers has ever called home has been in Arlington, the last two stadiums for the Dallas Cowboys have been in Arlington, Six Flags originated in Arlington.  Sports and entertainment venues seem to be by design for Arlington.

That's why people in Texas are happy and people in Canada are depressed and on drugs

• 3 months later...

Amedume is having quite an impressive season in MLS Next Pro. At 19 years old, he's started 17 of 21 matches, going the distance in 15 and appearing in another off the bench. North Texas currently sits 4th in the overall table, with the 5th best goals against.

Amedume individually is amongst the leagues most accurate passers, fourth in the league in Accurate Passes Completed and with an 87.8% Accuracy percentage. Only 6 turnovers, although this surely includes a lot of short backpassing.

23 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

Amedume is having quite an impressive season in MLS Next Pro. At 19 years old, he's started 17 of 21 matches, going the distance in 15 and appearing in another off the bench. North Texas currently sits 4th in the overall table, with the 5th best goals against.

Amedume individually is amongst the leagues most accurate passers, fourth in the league in Accurate Passes Completed and with an 87.8% Accuracy percentage. Only 6 turnovers, although this surely includes a lot of short backpassing.

Yet for some reason wasn't deemed a fit for our U-20 team. Sigh.