Happy Birthday Atiba !!!

Cblake

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

39 years old I mean this is probably the only World Cup he will play in because come 2026, he'll be 43 years of age. He will be too old by then to play for the national team and will probably retire by then.

Says who!!!!

This is Atiba we are talking about. By the time he’s 43 he’ll be entering his prime! 

But how many 40 year olds or 40 plus year olds do you see playing in FIFA World Cups? It doesn't happen that often especially in today's modern World Cups. Last time a 40 year old or 40 plus played in a World Cup was 2018 when Egypt's goalkeeper played for them. But that is because he was a goalkeeper. Atiba isn't. He is a midfielder. Big difference. But as far as 2026 goes, I could see him on our technical staff/coaching staff most definitely.

50 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

But how many 40 year olds or 40 plus year olds do you see playing in FIFA World Cups? It doesn't happen that often especially in today's modern World Cups. Last time a 40 year old or 40 plus played in a World Cup was 2018 when Egypt's goalkeeper played for them. But that is because he was a goalkeeper. Atiba isn't. He is a midfielder. Big difference. But as far as 2026 goes, I could see him on our technical staff/coaching staff most definitely.

image.gif.def305c644b76e4f7ecc30ad9382e78d.gif

"Roger Milla returned to the 1994 FIFA World Cup at the age of 42, being the oldest player ever to appear in a World Cup until the 2014 tournament when Colombia's Faryd Mondragón entered in a group stage match versus Japan being 43 years and 3 days old, setting a new record."

shooting star psa GIF

He's our captain, he doesn't fucking quit.
He's damn near 40 but we don't give a shit.
He owns the midfield, he's got you on the run.
His name's Atiba, Atiba Hutchinson. 

Edited by Califax