The Race for Pot 3

Miche

UPDATED as of 1740 EST - The only way this pot allocation change is IF Costa Rica pulls off the miracle by winning 6-0, then USA drops to Pot 4.  Canada needs to win tomorrow to get into Pot 3, any other result we remain at Pot 4.

image.png.4f8eae5e6870fe72fe27391e27232ce7.png

NOTE:  The ranking points is NOT including the friendlies result.  There are just damn too many.

I disagree with KJ for multiple reasons 

• Pot 3 gives you a 40% chance of ending up in a group with Qatar or Saudi Arabia
  • Don't think Ecuador is anything special away from Quito
  • Don't think Wales are any better than Poland (so that offsets)
  • Colombia/Peru are likely the best of anyone in Pot 3/4 but IMO more than offset by having better draw potential with Saudis/Ghana + Algeria/Cameroon.

1 minute ago, Ally McCoist said:

I'm confused as to whether or not we truly want Pot 3 or Pot 4. At this point, does it really matter? If anything, it's the Pot 2 team we have to fear most.

The major tiebreaker for me is our odds increased significantly of getting Qatar by being in Pot 3. Yes, despite what people are saying, I want Qatar over any other team in Pot 1.

2 minutes ago, Ally McCoist said:

I'm confused as to whether or not we truly want Pot 3 or Pot 4. At this point, does it really matter? If anything, it's the Pot 2 team we have to fear most.

I personally couldn’t care if we are in Pot Z144, I don’t think it matters. 

Watching the discussion on Tim and Friends on Sportsnet, they are debating this right now

What I love about all of this is that it makes it easier for the lads to get up for the game tomorrow. There's something to play for, even if none of us know whether it will be ultimately in our best interest or not.  Tomorrow is all about good habits, developing depth and chemistry, learning how to play in a tough environment. 

Edited by The Beaver 2.0