March 27 WCQ vs. Jamaica location?

Yoho

Honestly to me at this point, it doesn't matter where we play. As long as we can get fans into the stadium 🏟 and restrictions are somewhat lifted by next month, then I don't care where we play. I mean do I want the game in Toronto? Yeah of course because I'm from here but if it isn't, I'm not going to cry over it. Just as long as I can get to watch them play, that's all I care about.

The main reason I could stand for Vancouver is streetwise sense since you are gonna play later than the rest of nations so you are gonna have a sporting advantage from time zone.

For cultural meaning and logistical sense it has to be Montreal in my opinion.  For  scoundrels due to results Vancouver.  

Edited by JAVIERF

6 hours ago, Yoho said:

You want buy in from the entire country start including different area codes.

What's the problem? The area codes for Toronto (BMO Field) are 416, 647 and 437. Hamilton's (Tim Hortons Field) are 905, 289, 365 and 742. That's seven right there!

(This is a joke for anyone not paying attention. I actually hate this endless debate.)

12 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

I never understood the fear of away fans thing. I think some people on here have ptsd from the 90s or something 

I mean, it happened at the opening whistle of the El Salvador game this cycle. We've changed our attitude about getting into the stadium early because of it. 

11 hours ago, Yoho said:

So very Southern Ontarian to assume to get every competitive CMNT game that matters and the rest of Canada can have the meaningless NL and glamour friendlies.

You can shove it. You want to exclusively play in Toronto go play for TFC. You want to play for this country be a bit more malleable. It’s not just Southern Ontario that pays the bills.

if an extra hour travel time is the difference of going to Qatar then we were never really in it.

Im just gonna quote this one. There's no "insecure" button and I didn't want to use the confused button improperly. 

Edited by Califax

11 hours ago, Yoho said:

So very Southern Ontarian to assume to get every competitive CMNT game that matters and the rest of Canada can have the meaningless NL and glamour friendlies.

You can shove it. You want to exclusively play in Toronto go play for TFC. You want to play for this country be a bit more malleable. It’s not just Southern Ontario that pays the bills.

if an extra hour travel time is the difference of going to Qatar then we were never really in it.

This is the type of comment I'd expect to see on the Voyageurs Facebook group.

V’s

it is very simple re location choice - wherever  the team wants to play they will play - so don’t tie our collective selves into knots or hot takes re the game location.
Perfect campaign so far driven by many factors and would like to think the home games locations have been factors thus far 

Collective chill needed 

2 minutes ago, jonovision said:

^ Fair enough, I guess. But with there being no do-or-die games in the next 5 years (unless you're a big Nations League guy) there's no excuse  not to start spreading the matches around the country after March.

I assume that going forward it will be spread around the country but there will still be more matches in the World Cup stadiums.

31 minutes ago, Markoaleks said:

V’s

it is very simple re location choice - wherever  the team wants to play they will play - so don’t tie our collective selves into knots or hot takes re the game location.
Perfect campaign so far driven by many factors and would like to think the home games locations have been factors thus far 

Collective chill needed 

Many factors?

the team decides?

no hot takes? 

The fuck outta here with logic. 

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

^ Fair enough, I guess. But with there being no do-or-die games in the next 5 years (unless you're a big Nations League guy) there's no excuse  not to start spreading the matches around the country after March.

I feel that it won't happen until 2023, with five years of the opportunity to see various versions of our MNT program in other cities.

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

I worry that now that our profile is increasing that the games will need to be mostly on grass-so BMO

Sure we can force CONCACAF teams to play on turf sometimes but no top 50 side will come here voluntarily to play on turf.  

World Cups (both men and women now)  have to be on grass. 

That means the pool of games/opponents available to sites other than Toronto and Edmonton (not sure if they are converting soon or just bringing in grass for 2026)  will be limited. 

13 hours ago, Yoho said:

Good post, except 2 of our biggest home games this campaign which put us 1st in the WCQ rankings were held in Alberta.... 

Wherever the boss puts the game, I will 100% trust and support, his attention to detail is world class. 

It's 8 hour drive for me to get to Toronto 2.5 hour flight to Edmonton, 6 hour flight to Vancouver....

Remember when the complaining was - why can't we be competitive in Concacaf? Can we make a WC outside of being a host or where USA/Mexico gets in because of a "host" spot, and opens up a Concacaf spot (hence 1986, and being within one game in 94)....."why are there so many "visiting fans" at all of our "home" games"......

Now we complain that all the games are not in locations that are amenable to many fans who want to support CANADA soccer?! ---- this is a good issue to have frankly, and if this is our biggest problem these days, this is literally the best it's ever been for CANADA MNT soccer interest in this country at the moment....can't we just enjoy this moment in our history -- it will never be this pure again - as after this cycle, qualification will be assumed and the weight of expectations to perform well at the WC will be upon us - and then people will complain about that.....yeesh.....