March 27 WCQ vs. Jamaica location?

Yoho

9 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Interesting that this is still apparently a live issue.  This could screw up travel plans for some.  

If I do manage to get to Costa Rica for the game on the 24th I am looking into flying back through Toronto to get to the game on the 27th.  Lots has to line up for that to happen but if the game is somewhere else it would be pointless to route through Toronto.  I wonder when this will be settled.  

I would think soon, it was Nov. 25th that Hamilton was announced as the site for the US match. 

51 minutes ago, Califax said:

Remarkable that we’re on the verge of qualifying for the World Cup and we still don’t have a plethora of grass stadiums to host world class opponents. 

That’s gotta change.

I agree completely. 

My hope (probably unrealistic) is that the profile of the Men’s team helps change this.    If you build it they will come  

If people aren’t happy with most games at BMO then maybe lobby for local stadium upgrades (hybrid surfaces like Green Bay maybe?)  rather than pick fights with fellow fans.   

4 minutes ago, Meepmeep said:

I agree completely. 

My hope (probably unrealistic) is that the profile of the Men’s team helps change this.    If you build it they will come  

If people aren’t happy with most games at BMO then maybe lobby for local stadium upgrades (hybrid surfaces like Green Bay maybe?)  rather than pick fights with fellow fans.   

Edit: I misread your point.

I agree with you re: hybrid surfaces. I just don’t know if many markets can afford that. 

Edited by CanadaFan123

19 minutes ago, narduch said:

Its sad that we will host a World Cup and will have no new stadiums to show for it

I was trying to think about which city even would have been a candidate… Calgary?
Anyone know if the US is building any new stadiums?  Here is a link with nice aerial footage of all the candidate stadiums (not sure if any have dropped out) and some of those American ones look to be in rough shape.  The Mexican ones are the most impressive. 

https://youtu.be/_JmmaNlNnXc

2 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

I was trying to think about which city even would have been a candidate… Calgary?
Anyone know if the US is building any new stadiums?  Here is a link with nice aerial footage of all the candidate stadiums (not sure if any have dropped out) and some of those American ones look to be in rough shape.  The Mexican ones are the most impressive. 

https://youtu.be/_JmmaNlNnXc

Vancouver.

A nice real grass outdoor stadium.

I would of said the Big Owe for selfish reasons but after the PQ Lite party killed our changes of hosting a few World Cup games (but they were ready to do anything to get a NHL team for Quebec city) that we'll never have another chance to do, I won't give them another penny with having the stadium full. So TO it is.

I was thinking it had to be BMO, despite the large Jamaican population. Toronto and BMO have become the spiritual home for this national team. 

That said, for selfish reasons I would be thrilled if those Vancouver rumours came true. It's a very large market that hasn't had a game yet. I know Montreal hasn't either, but there's been 4 Ontario games thus far which all are within driving distance, while Lower Mainland folks have had 2 Edmonton games, which is a bigger ask travel wise and one was a week day, so not really the same ting. 

Anyways, where ever it ends up is going to be a party! The nations Capital would be a good shout too by the way, would kind of be symbolic to wrap up qualifying there and very easy access for Montreal folks. 

Edited by Obinna

Another 3 match window, sandwiched between travelling to Panama and Costa Rica ….the game will be in Toronto, anywhere else I’ll be surprised.

The send off tour will happen in the Nations league, where I imagine games will be played at BC place, or elsewhere. 

…However there’s also the possibility that in one of the windows we play a high profile friendly, which many of you mentioned won’t be played on turf. That cancels all but 2 proper stadiums. And if it’s paired with 1 of the 2 home games in the Nations league, we could see travel influence the location making a BMO friendly, Saputo nations league combination highly likely.

I know the time zone travel has been a valid excuse for WCQ, however I sadly don’t think it will stop for several reasons already mentioned.

Its sad because BC place has the potential to be our undisputed best stadium in the country with a simple investment in the surface. But the reality is we aren’t playing with League 1, B3, and NCAA level players as our key guys and the standards have to adjust to what they experience. 

42 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Suriname's players play in top leagues in Europe while Grenada's players pump gas for a living.  

Grenada has a decent amount of players playing in England and the US. Now for the most part it is in the lower divisions but nothing to completely ignore. Regardless Canada should beat them any day. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grenada_national_football_team

The game has to be play far out of reach of Jamaican population that's wise sense.   To the sages and street wise in my opinion the match has to be played in Quebec City or Montreal.   Or in any other option in Vancouver.  But I prefer Montreal for logistics.  Allez aussi !!!  Attention mesdames et monsieurs 

Attention, mesdames et messieurs
Dans un instant on va commencer
Installez-vous dans votre fauteuil bien gentiment
5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0, partez, tous les projecteurs vont s'allumer
Et tous les acteurs vont s'animer en même temps
Attention, mesdames et messieurs.......Allez les rouges

12 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

The game has to be play far out of reach of Jamaican population that's wise sense.   To the sages and street wise in my opinion the match has to be played in Quebec City or Montreal.   Or in any other option in Vancouver.  But I prefer Montreal for logistics.  Allez aussi !!!  Attention mesdames et monsieurs 

Attention, mesdames et messieurs
Dans un instant on va commencer
Installez-vous dans votre fauteuil bien gentiment
5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0, partez, tous les projecteurs vont s'allumer
Et tous les acteurs vont s'animer en même temps
Attention, mesdames et messieurs.......Allez les rouges

In normal times I would agree with you.  However, seeing the last game sell out in seconds combined with Jamaica being eliminated, I don't think we have to worry about it this time.

7 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

In normal times I would agree with you.  However, seeing the last game sell out in seconds combined with Jamaica being eliminated, I don't think we have to worry about it this time.

This.

Canadians have a winning team to support, and they will show up. Can’t be considered bandwagon fans because your supporting your country, but there’s an increased interest….. away fans will always be there unless we play those type of teams in Vancouver. Right @ted😁