March 27 WCQ vs. Jamaica location?

Yoho

5 hours ago, RS said:

It would've been a full capacity crowd under the old "roadmap" anyway, which would have seen restrictions lifted a week or two prior to the game.

The only way it would be anything less than full capacity at this point if Toronto Public Health took action similar to what their counterparts in Hamilton did even after the province was going to let it be 100%. When you look at how Toronto has acted in terms of extra measures in the past I would be very surprised if such an action was taken at this point. 

19 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

I really hope there's a push for putting in extra seating at BMO in the north side for this game. There's going to be massive demand for tickets and  I'm sure  prices are going to get bumped so whatever it costs to put up extra stands go for it

The only way you could do that is too add a temporary stand like their was for the Real Madrid game, something you would see for the Indy. I guess it would come down to them deciding if it was worth it financially, would you recover the costs. 

53 minutes ago, Cblake said:

The only way you could do that is too add a temporary stand like their was for the Real Madrid game, something you would see for the Indy. I guess it would come down to them deciding if it was worth it financially, would you recover the costs. 

Extra seats were adding for the MLS finals and conference championship in 2016 and 17, if I recall correctly. 

I don't see the CSA doing this to be honest. They'll be content with selling out 30k at BMO. 

3 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Extra seats were adding for the MLS finals and conference championship in 2016 and 17, if I recall correctly. 

I don't see the CSA doing this to be honest. They'll be content with selling out 30k at BMO. 

That was not the same at it was quite the structure that was put up months ahead as BMO was hosting the Grey Cup and Heritage Classic. It was just luck that TFC made the 2016 East Final and MLS Cup Final that year in 2016 and got to benefit from it, adding about 5,000 seats for those matches.  It was not there in 2017 when TFC won the title. For the Real Madrid match it some thing that was just put up on the north patio or now would be the CFL end zone.  

Here is a picture of what that stand looked like, which lead to a stand being built later one. 

Toronto v Real Madrid

2 minutes ago, Cblake said:

That was not the same at it was quite the structure that was put up months ahead as BMO was hosting the Grey Cup and Heritage Classic. It was just luck that TFC made the 2016 East Final and MLS Cup Final that year in 2016 and got to benefit from it, adding about 5,000 seats for those matches.  It was not there in 2017 when TFC won the title. For the Real Madrid match it some thing that was just put up on the north patio or now would be the CFL end zone.  

Here is a picture of what that stand looked like, which lead to a stand being built later one. 

Toronto v Real Madrid

Yeah I was referring to the south end temp seating, not the seating in the north end. I was wondering what happened to those north seats. At any rate, I don't think they'll put up any extra seats on either end this time. 

59 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

do you know roughly how many seats were added in that configuration? The placement of the video screen does not allow for anything significant I would imagine

The smaller one from 2017-19 was on the concourse behind the field as in that pic the CFL end zone. In the past for soccer its been on what would be the end zone either temporary like it was for the Real Madrid game or the one that built and taken down when the Argos moved into BMO. 

1 hour ago, Cblake said:

The smaller one from 2017-19 was on the concourse behind the field as in that pic the CFL end zone. In the past for soccer its been on what would be the end zone either temporary like it was for the Real Madrid game or the one that built and taken down when the Argos moved into BMO. 

The official attendance for the 2016 Eastern conference final was slightly in excess of 38K.  I know because that game and the first leg in Montreal drew just under 100K combined.   There was over 60K at the Big O.   They added a big stand behind the south end and that was what mainly pushed the limits to an additonal 7K seats.  

Edit.: You are right, it was 36K.  It might have been an additional 5k seats taking it to 36K

TORvsMTL 11-30-2016 | MLSsoccer.com

For the first leg, it was 61K

MTLvsTOR 11-22-2016 | MLSsoccer.com

Edited by Free kick

2 minutes ago, Free kick said:

The official attendance for the 2016 Eastern conference final was slightly in excess of 38K.  I know because that game and the first leg in Montreal drew just under 100K combined.   There was over 60K at the Big O.   They added a big stand behind the south end and that was what mainly pushed the limits to an additonal 7K seats.  

It was 36K in Toronto and in MTL 61,004. The MLS Cup that year was 36,045. For comparison the MLS Cup in 2017 without the southend stand was 30, 584. BMO Field when GA tickets are on sale for TFC can jam in around 2k + or so in addition to its 28K capacity. 

1 minute ago, Cblake said:

It was 36K in Toronto and in MTL 61,004. The MLS Cup that year was 36,045. For comparison the MLS Cup in 2017 without the southend stand was 30, 584. BMO Field when GA tickets are on sale for TFC can jam in around 2k + or so in addition to its 28K capacity. 

Yes, you beat me to it just before my updates 

10 minutes ago, admin said:

We will have lower than TFC capacity for the Jamaica game, by several thousand seats.

... because field side and standing-room only seats aren't allowed for official FIFA matches. This is something that's been repeated several times on this board over the past few months.

5 minutes ago, RS said:

... because field side and standing-room only seats aren't allowed for official FIFA matches. This is something that's been repeated several times on this board over the past few months.

My new favorite is, "have they announced where the Jamaica game is yet...."...  Yes, and my new super power is to wipe things from the Internet and keep them secret.  With great power comes great responsibility, and this is how I have chosen to wield it.  

46 minutes ago, admin said:

My new favorite is, "have they announced where the Jamaica game is yet...."...  Yes, and my new super power is to wipe things from the Internet and keep them secret.  With great power comes great responsibility, and this is how I have chosen to wield it.  

I'm assuming you also know when tickets will be on sale for the Jamaica game and are also keeping this information to yourself.....😄