March 27 WCQ vs. Jamaica location?

Yoho

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I have confidence that the number of Jamaica supporters in the stadium will be nowhere like it was in 2008.  Don’t be so negative…this is a different Canada soccer supporting community.

I hope not, I don't think it's being negative. It'll just be a test of the Toronto market, why is that being negative?

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I have confidence that the number of Jamaica supporters in the stadium will be nowhere like it was in 2008.  Don’t be so negative…this is a different Canada soccer supporting community.

That 2008 game has become an urban legend on this forum.

If you read posts from that time, you'll see that people here were thrilled at the support.

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think the Jamaica crowd will be similar to the September 2014 and September 2017 Jamaica friendlies at BMO.

However, this time ( assuming no capacity limits ) there will be a much bigger pro-Canada crowd.

19 minutes ago, admin said:

How?  Unless they all magically joined Canada Red or the V's last year... I can't see how this is going to happen.

The key thing is that the Jamaica fanbase hasn't grown. I don't think it has shrunk but it won't have grown.

So as a % of the stadium they will be smaller.

9 minutes ago, Razcal said:

I hope not, I don't think it's being negative. It'll just be a test of the Toronto market, why is that being negative?

Apologies.  It was the impression.  
I don’t care where the game is played cause I need to travel for it anyways.  I just hate the discussion about which city has the biggest tool.

12 minutes ago, Razcal said:

Is that not BMO in the video?

It's the part of BMO that had the highest concentration of Jamaica supporters, yes. 

Anyway, here's the post-game thread from this board on Canada-Jamaica. Some excerpts regarding the crowd, just from the first page:

"First off, thanks to all the Canadian supporters for going to BMO tonight and supporting our boys, seeing a pro-Canadian crowd in the stands and hearing the national anthem (you guys were much better than the anthem singer if you ask me) was terrific. I wish I could have been there."

"The crowd support was phenomenal - a very positive development."

"2- Fan Support. Congrats to all of the guys at the game. I actually teared up a bit during our (poorly sung) anthem."

"Well done to all the Voyageurs in Toronto. Four years ago I never would have believed that Canada could play Jamaica in Toronto and we'd have a pro-Canadian crowd. Well done!"

EDIT: A comment from the second page of that thread could make the Freezing Cold Takes hall of fame 😬

"There's no way that the Honduran support in Montreal will even approach the Jamaican support in Toronto tonght (which was a non-factor). There will be no lack of support excuses."

12 minutes ago, RS said:

It's the part of BMO that had the highest concentration of Jamaica supporters, yes. 

Anyway, here's the post-game thread from this board on Canada-Jamaica. Some excerpts regarding the crowd, just from the first page:

"First off, thanks to all the Canadian supporters for going to BMO tonight and supporting our boys, seeing a pro-Canadian crowd in the stands and hearing the national anthem (you guys were much better than the anthem singer if you ask me) was terrific. I wish I could have been there."

"The crowd support was phenomenal - a very positive development."

"2- Fan Support. Congrats to all of the guys at the game. I actually teared up a bit during our (poorly sung) anthem."

"Well done to all the Voyageurs in Toronto. Four years ago I never would have believed that Canada could play Jamaica in Toronto and we'd have a pro-Canadian crowd. Well done!"

EDIT: A comment from the second page of that thread could make the Freezing Cold Takes hall of fame 😬

"There's no way that the Honduran support in Montreal will even approach the Jamaican support in Toronto tonght (which was a non-factor). There will be no lack of support excuses."

I was at that match.  The Jamaican support was loud and obvious but it was definitely not half.

I remember my cousin and I on our walk to the stadium being approached by a scalper and offering us $100 each for our tickets which I thought was crazy considering what the scalper might think he can flip them for.   

Edited by Metro