Voyageurs Group Codes for FIFA World Cup Ticket Lottery

Admin

2 minutes ago, Jedi Ram said:

Wow, if you are unsuccessful in getting the ticket you still cannot get access to Qatar Accommodation... So the longer we wait for the official Voyageurs ticket allocation, the harder it is gonna be to get affordable rooms... Am I right in interpretation as quoted in the article? 

Your Accommodation and Hayya Card

Once you have paid for your tickets and after 21 March 2022:

International fans will be able to book accommodation through the Official Accommodation Agency and will also need to apply for a Hayya Card – your entry permit to the State of Qatar and your stadium access (along with your match ticket).

Residents of Qatar will only need to apply for a Hayya Card for stadium access (along with your match ticket).

It basically prevents people from hoarding hotel rooms and trying to profit from it. It is quite common at big conventions too where only participants can book through the block. It is to keep things fair, especially where there will be limited, especially in Qatar. 

40 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

No dice either.  Disappointing obviously but still not the end of the road.  What is worrying is seeing between this site and the other, not one successful applicant so far.  Hopefully that changes. 

makes you wonder how many actual tickets were available in this mysterious lottery window.

This is the text that everyone is hoping for, whether now for in a future phase. Sorry to hear all of the negative news this morning; it would appear that the number of available TSTs in Phase 1 were quite low (my uninformed guess: 750-1500) and demand was substantial. But fear not:

• There's still the first-come-first-serve phase, maybe for just a few dozen TSTs, maybe none. But this group has lots of recent practice getting in the queue early. 😁
  • Canada Soccer has implied that they will offer access to tickets through Canada Red+White (or +Black or +Gold?) and historically they could have access to...3000 sets of tickets? Certainly worth a $50 investment in the CSA.
  • Once the schedule is known, Phase 2 should offer access to all of the tickets, all 40,000 each game (less the 15,000 or so allocated in Phase 1/VIP/TAP) which dwarfs all other avenues. Hopefully there will be something similar to the Group ID that can have multiple applicants seated together.

It would appear that hotel preference will go to the winners of the Phase 1 lottery. Feel free to DM if you want to make a proposal to obtain accommodation for your group if you weren't a lottery winner today.

image.thumb.png.8a0db89051ef689ec060068d9050e820.png

image.png.c6671d1114097b7df3a921a43ed61f3b.png

50 minutes ago, CanadianTraveller said:

This is the text that everyone is hoping for, whether now for in a future phase. Sorry to hear all of the negative news this morning; it would appear that the number of available TSTs in Phase 1 were quite low (my uninformed guess: 750-1500) and demand was substantial. But fear not:

• There's still the first-come-first-serve phase, maybe for just a few dozen TSTs, maybe none. But this group has lots of recent practice getting in the queue early. 😁
  • Canada Soccer has implied that they will offer access to tickets through Canada Red+White (or +Black or +Gold?) and historically they could have access to...3000 sets of tickets? Certainly worth a $50 investment in the CSA.
  • Once the schedule is known, Phase 2 should offer access to all of the tickets, all 40,000 each game (less the 15,000 or so allocated in Phase 1/VIP/TAP) which dwarfs all other avenues. Hopefully there will be something similar to the Group ID that can have multiple applicants seated together.

It would appear that hotel preference will go to the winners of the Phase 1 lottery. Feel free to DM if you want to make a proposal to obtain accommodation for your group if you weren't a lottery winner today.

Fitting that "Canadian Traveller" gets tickets. The rest of us should have picked better usernames. 😁

I was also unsuccessful.

1 hour ago, CanadianTraveller said:

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

3 minutes ago, CanadianTraveller said:

I received e-mail around 10 AM ET. Expect an email notification later today - didn't they get like 1.7 Million ticket requests? Gotta be over 100,000 personalized emails.

So you're the only one? We are all crashing in your room while we try to secure tickets from scalpers I guess. Lol 

I am aware there will be more opportunities of course 😉

Unsuccessful as well.  Something does not seem right here. Where are the successful applicants for the Canada matches? Voyageurs shut out so far?

Is it really a random draw or have they gone to "well connected" people who have just recently jumped on the Canada bandwagon? 

1 minute ago, Vancouver Fan said:

Unsuccessful as well.  Something does not seem right here. Where are the successful applicants for the Canada matches? Voyageurs shut out so far?

Is it really a random draw or have they gone to "well connected" people who have just recently jumped on the Canada bandwagon? 

My guess is that they allocated far fewer tickets than we all assumed they would. The bandwagon fans had no idea about this phase 1 draw. 

12 minutes ago, Joe1973 said:

My guess is that they allocated far fewer tickets than we all assumed they would. The bandwagon fans had no idea about this phase 1 draw. 

Yeah who the F knows.  Holding back because of Covid? Hopefully that doesn’t happen for Obinna’s sake.  At least in less than 48 hours we should all have tickets to the Jamaica game