What's been the best Team Canada moment so far?

Cblake

Figure I should chime in here....for some reason this debate has struck a nerve with me.....LOL...

Clearly when I came up with a board name for this site in 2012 (and the Voyageurs site as well),  I made a horrible mistake 😂 — as a Canadian, all I can do is say “I’m sorry”, and offer you a double-double, or a Labatt Blue in a stubby opaque bottle, while eating ketchup chips or poutine - I say all of this quite sincerely while sitting on my chesterfield....😃

Can we at least agree on one thing?! — Allez les rouges Allez.....

Edited by Team Canada

27 minutes ago, Team Canada said:

Figure I should chime in here....for some reason this debate has struck a nerve with me.....LOL...

Clearly when I came up with a board name for this site in 2012 (and the Voyageurs site as well),  I made a horrible mistake 😂 — as a Canadian, all I can do is say “I’m sorry”, and offer you a double-double, or a Labatt Blue in a stubby opaque bottle, while eating ketchup chips or poutine - I say all of this quite sincerely while sitting on my chesterfield....😃

Its all good Man  😁

2 hours ago, Team Canada said:

Old Dutch Ketchup chips?  If so, we're good. 

(How that powdered simulated ketchup flavour they dust those bad boys with is even legal I have no idea.  I'm 99% certain it comes out of some drum somwhere labeled "For Export Only".  So good.)

For me it's the Davies Panama goal. But I have a bias for that goal since I was there, and I have a bias against the Iceteca brace from Larin since not only was I not there, but I had my own game to play at the same time so had to start the game later. I tried with SportsnetNow and even though I chose to start the game from the beginning (it was still in progress), they decided that the best way to do that was to put up a still frame from the live broadcast for a few seconds, showing the 2-0 score in the top corner, before getting the stream to the start of the broadcast. I wasn't totally sure what I had just seen, but I saw the score. Could it be for the current game? Is it referencing something else? So I thought to myself I should try to forget it and move on. Then of course the stream I was watching crashes and I have to start over again, ah crap I saw another updated picture from the broadcast, it sure looked like Commonwealth. I'm really starting to think Canada is up 2-0. So although I was happy to see the goals come, it wasn't as surprising to me and thus I had more of a slow realization that it was happening rather than getting that sudden burst of pure joy I got with every other goal in this campaign.

But I agree, there have been lots of great moments. I'll give a shoutout to a great moment that is obviously NOT the greatest. 4-0 up on Aruba and then we make a double sub, Davies and David coming on. Larin to come on shortly after. All 3 of them score to win 7-0. That substitution felt like in Billy Madison when Billy catches the dodgeball and informs all the children "Now you're all in big, big, trouble."