Costa Rica (Mar 24) & Panama AWAY (Mar 30)

JamboAl

I guess there is no way of knowing if all of the seats showing up as sold in Section 27 for the Costa Rica game are Vs. 

Let's hope they are. 

Current number seems to be sitting at 311 now! 

This should be fun.

I know it's over a month away but does anyone have ideas on pre/post game festivities there?

1 hour ago, tg02 said:

I guess there is no way of knowing if all of the seats showing up as sold in Section 27 for the Costa Rica game are Vs. 

Let's hope they are. 

This should be fun.

I know it's over a month away but does anyone have ideas on pre/post game festivities there?

I was about to start a new thread for that very question.  Do we want a new thread for it or shall we discuss it here?  I'm also interested in finding out what people might be planning for the day before the match and the day after.

2 hours ago, tg02 said:

Let's hope they are. 

This should be fun.

I am in contact with a Voyageur member who has already talked to a good place across the street from Estadio Nacional.  The manager has said he would contact me at the beginning of March to arrange for us booking the place out, although it only holds about 100.

Also the money for the 150 tickets sold through the Voyageurs need to be wire transferred to CR this week, which I will be doing.

On 2/17/2022 at 10:11 AM, Carefree1905 said:

but do we have any information on getting tickets for the Panama game?...Are there any other sources of information?

On 2/17/2022 at 11:08 AM, Foul Mouthed Admin said:

No response yet.

We have to change how this is done, this is utter bullshit on the part of these federations. 

Hi @Carefree1905 !

The presale for Panama has already begun and will last until March 1st (inclusive). The general sale starts Wednesday, March 2nd.  It looks like there is a "visitante" section reserved for us away fans. They are not currently selling it and it's clearly reserved for us. No need to panic; just stay "Carefree" ! :) 

https://fepafut.com/a-la-venta-boletos-para-panama-vs-honduras-y-canada/

The section also looks massive; they will only need to give us a small fraction of it.

A nice picture of the stadium:

https://www.irishfa.com/media/17352/pe_00751717.jpg

Tickets will probably be $40 USD + service charges. I assume they are waiting until after the presale so they can charge us the $40 + fees instead of the lower presale price of $30 USD + fees. 😅

You will need to show proof of VAX to get into the stadium. To do this you'll need to register prior to your arrival in Panama here:

http://www.panamadigital.gob.pa

...and they say that that information ( or QR Code? ) will also serve as your proof of VAX to enter the stadium.

20 hours ago, tg02 said:

Let's hope they are. 

This should be fun.

I just bought 5 last night as well and the section is looking good! 

9 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Hi @Carefree1905 !

The presale for Panama has already begun and will last until March 1st (inclusive). The general sale starts Wednesday, March 2nd.  It looks like there is a "visitante" section reserved for us away fans. They are not currently selling it and it's clearly reserved for us. No need to panic; just stay "Carefree" ! :) 

The section also looks massive; they will only need to give us a small fraction of it.

Tickets will probably be $40 USD + service charges. I assume they are waiting until after the presale so they can charge us the $40 + fees instead of the lower presale price of $30 USD + fees. 😅

You will need to show proof of VAX to get into the stadium. To do this you'll need to register prior to your arrival in Panama here:

...and they say that that information ( or QR Code? ) will also serve as your proof of VAX to enter the stadium.

Will a PCR/antigen test be good enough for the game? I only got the 2 shots so in Panama I’m not fully vax. I know you can get into panama with a test, maybe it’s the same for the game? 

edit: just reading theyre abandoning the 3 shot fully vax rule so I should be good 

Edited by patstew19

10 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Hi @Carefree1905 !

Not sure where you're getting the info that it's a pre-sale. I bought two tickets in the visitors' section last Friday and received the tickets by email immediately.

Thanks for the info about Covid protocols.

21 minutes ago, Carefree1905 said:

Not sure where you're getting the info that it's a pre-sale. I bought two tickets in the visitors' section last Friday and received the tickets by email immediately.

Thanks for the info about Covid protocols.

Ok. Interesting.

It's called a "PREVENTA" by FEPAFUT. It was asking me for a promo code when I went to take a look.

4 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Ok. Interesting.

It's called a "PREVENTA" by FEPAFUT. It was asking me for a promo code when I went to take a look.

That's weird! Last Friday there was a link from the Fepafut website where you could buy tickets to the Canada game, and now it seems to be gone. 

This is where that link took me and where I bought my tickets:

https://fepafut.pagatusboletos.com/venta/en/entradas-deporte-panama-vs-canada

That link still works.

25 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

Hopefully someone can help me clarify this, but for the return trip back to Canada from San Jose, to get a rapid test done you need to see a doctor or pharmacy to get them to monitor the results?  Assuming it isn’t positive, that needs to be then registered with Arrive Can? 

That is my understanding.  I will be getting my test at a hospital in the Escazu area where I will be staying.

13 hours ago, JamboAl said:

That is my understanding.  I will be getting my test at a hospital in the Escazu area where I will be staying.

There is also a place at the airport where you can get a rapid test administered by a doctor with results in one hour.  It costs $USD 65 and you make your appointment here:  https://covid.morphotr.com/

They recommend you schedule your appointment for four hours before your flight.

On 2/23/2022 at 12:33 PM, JamboAl said:

If you do not register your test results through the Arrive Can app , the Canadian border guard will simply ask you to see your results once you land. 

On 3/1/2022 at 7:36 PM, Cblake said:

If you do not register your test results through the Arrive Can app , the Canadian border guard will simply ask you to see your results once you land. 

except somne airlines will insist you register with ArriveCan before checking you in, and that was my experience flying from Cancun to  Canada in January. Border guardwill not keep you out for no ArriveCan once landing, you are right. 

19 minutes ago, beachesl said:

except somne airlines will insist you register with ArriveCan before checking you in, and that was my experience flying from Cancun to  Canada in January. Border guardwill not keep you out for no ArriveCan once landing, you are right. 

Yes you have to show the airline you are registered with Arrive Can, but the uploading of your testing results or vaccination records is an option, if you do not do either or the border guard  will ask to see them when you land when they look up your ArriveCan application. 

17 hours ago, biba said:

Hi Folks,

Looking for 4 tickets. Anyone (I know this is a prayer) that has any, please let me know.

I have a single for sale. As long as you have 4 tickets I'm sure you won't have a problem standing together. I know others are looking to sell singles on the V board as well.

UPDATE on Costa Rica:

1. For the 150 tickets sold through the Voyageurs website, the Costa Ricans have received the money and will be sending the tickets to Canada Soccer tomorrow.  Once the Voyageurs receive them, they will be distributed to each purchaser - will assume this will be electronic and not paper.  Or at least I hope so.

2. For pregame and postgame, we are looking into this.  However, it is quite a challenge to find a location large enough to fit all 200-300 of us in one place.  We have a lead on a place but they need us to put down almost $10K  as a non refundable deposit (incl food and drinks) but it will only hold 100 people.  

More to come once we get more info

8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

UPDATE on Costa Rica:

1. For the 150 tickets sold through the Voyageurs website, the Costa Ricans have received the money and will be sending the tickets to Canada Soccer tomorrow.  Once the Voyageurs receive them, they will be distributed to each purchaser - will assume this will be electronic and not paper.  Or at least I hope so.

2. For pregame and postgame, we are looking into this.  However, it is quite a challenge to find a location large enough to fit all 200-300 of us in one place.  We have a lead on a place but they need us to put down almost $10K  as a non refundable deposit (incl food and drinks) but it will only hold 100 people.  

More to come once we get more info

Wow, that's $100 per person! I'm not sure I can drink that much but I can certainly try ...

• Admin unpinned this topic