Costa Rica (Mar 24) & Panama AWAY (Mar 30)

JamboAl

38 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I was looking for something about this.  There were about 300-350 tickets for the American Outlaws in Hamilton so that would be about 3%.  If we were to use the same measure for the Estadio Nacional, it should be just around 1,000.  But who knows.  

Technically the away allotment is for everything, federation needs, family, sponsors , supporters etc. But that is not to say they are all in the same place in the stadium. I know with USA Mexico WCQ the Mexican tickets allocated directly through the MFF. In Hamilton the USSF held all the tickets in their allotment and sold them through their TM portal to the supporter groups. In a situation like the WCQ in Nashville in normal times they would have sold tickets to Canadians all day without much concern. The one side of the upper deck was empty for that match. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I was looking for something about this.  There were about 300-350 tickets for the American Outlaws in Hamilton so that would be about 3%.  If we were to use the same measure for the Estadio Nacional, it should be just around 1,000.  But who knows.  

Good stuff. Well appreciate the work being done on this, and I'm sure the CSA will do whatever they can to make sure our supporters have tickets for what could be a truely historical moment!

Hi guys,

First time on this board. We will be 10 from MTL who will be heading to costa rica to watch the game on March 24th. We have already booked our flights.

Can you please let me know what's the best way to purchase tickets? Can we purchase in costa rica for cheaper? Does costa rica association have a website to purchase these? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

19 hours ago, prabak11 said:

Hi guys,

First time on this board. We will be 10 from MTL who will be heading to costa rica to watch the game on March 24th. We have already booked our flights.

Can you please let me know what's the best way to purchase tickets? Can we purchase in costa rica for cheaper? Does costa rica association have a website to purchase these? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

Welcome.  As mentioned earlier in the thread, the Voyageurs supporters group is in touch with Canada Soccer and they have made enquiries to both the Costa Rican and Panamanian federations about an away section.  We hope to hear soon about tickets.  If you are looking to purchase locally, there might be information on the Costa Rican Federation website.

Looks like the Costa Rica Football Federation updated their website since the last time I looked and now includes basic info about the match, but no ticket info.

https://www.fedefutbol.com/event/80351/

It's probably a better idea to buy tickets from Canada Soccer if it means Canadian supporters can all it together. Costa Rican people were friendly enough when I went there as a tourist a couple of years ago, but that may be different at a football match so I don't necessarily want to be sitting among them.

1 hour ago, Carefree1905 said:

Looks like the Costa Rica Football Federation updated their website since the last time I looked and now includes basic info about the match, but no ticket info.

https://www.fedefutbol.com/event/80351/

It's probably a better idea to buy tickets from Canada Soccer if it means Canadian supporters can all it together. Costa Rican people were friendly enough when I went there as a tourist a couple of years ago, but that may be different at a football match so I don't necessarily want to be sitting among them.

100% agree.  If we get a result, it could become very uncomfortable to be in the middle of the home crowd.  Common sense...

5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Welcome.  As mentioned earlier in the thread, the Voyageurs supporters group is in touch with Canada Soccer and they have made enquiries to both the Costa Rican and Panamanian federations about an away section.  We hope to hear soon about tickets.  If you are looking to purchase locally, there might be information on the Costa Rican Federation website.

I don’t know if this is a question you can answer based on what has happened in the past but let’s say for arguments sake, the CSA allots you guys up to 500 tickets on March 1st for the game in Costa Rica. Let’s say you get requests for 300..would you hold on to on the other 200 or just request 300?  The reason I ask is because I won’t know until about 10 days out whether I can make it or not.  Maybe others will be in the same boat where it’s last minute going down.  I’d love to sit with other Canadian fans/voyageurs.  Trying to get an idea how you would work it in theory for people seeking tickets much closer to the game or would I be shit outta luck and on my own?

1 hour ago, EJsens1 said:

I don’t know if this is a question you can answer based on what has happened in the past but let’s say for arguments sake, the CSA allots you guys up to 500 tickets on March 1st for the game in Costa Rica. Let’s say you get requests for 300..would you hold on to on the other 200 or just request 300?  The reason I ask is because I won’t know until about 10 days out whether I can make it or not.  Maybe others will be in the same boat where it’s last minute going down.  I’d love to sit with other Canadian fans/voyageurs.  Trying to get an idea how you would work it in theory for people seeking tickets much closer to the game or would I be shit outta luck and on my own?

Can't be sure about anything.  The number I will be tallying up this weekend will be sent to Canada Soccer; it is not a final number, only an estimate.  It was more to see if it was 10 (obviously not), 100 (more than that), 250 (might be a reasonable guess), or 1000 (not likely).  At the end of the day, what the CR and Panamanian federations allocate will be what we will get.  

Remember all those people advocating that we shouldn't have a section for away fans at our home games??  This is why you can't do that.  Quid pro quo. 

19 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Can't be sure about anything.  The number I will be tallying up this weekend will be sent to Canada Soccer; it is not a final number, only an estimate.  It was more to see if it was 10 (obviously not), 100 (more than that), 250 (might be a reasonable guess), or 1000 (not likely).  At the end of the day, what the CR and Panamanian federations allocate will be what we will get.  

Remember all those people advocating that we shouldn't have a section for away fans at our home games??  This is why you can't do that.  Quid pro quo. 

No I appreciate it is a difficult question to really answer. If they were to drop PCR testing before and after to get back into the country (likely for fully vaccinated folks), all bets are off there in how many might go.

On 2/8/2022 at 8:25 PM, JamboAl said:

2.5%