Costa Rica (Mar 24) & Panama AWAY (Mar 30)

JamboAl

We are trying to gauge how people would be willing to attend either/both away games.  There is an earlier thread that talks about this a bit and people have expressed an interest while others have bought, or on the verge of, purchasing plane tickets and booking hotels.  

This is to find out those who are in the latter category.  We need to get a sense of how many people are going so we can communicate this to Canada Soccer for the purposes of obtaining tickets from the respective federation.  Please respond in this thread how many in your group will be going.

For clarity, the Voyageurs is unable to organize any travel; only tickets and possibly coordinating pre-match and post-match gatherings.

I’m very interested in going to the Costa Rica game.  However, my priority is the Jamaica game. If they move the Jamaica game out west (I live in Ottawa), with work, I doubt I’ll go down south.  If it’s in Toronto I hope too.  Hopefully they announce that soon 

I already have flights, hotel, and Covid test booked for Costa Rica. I'm going solo, so just one ticket for me.

FYI for those going - make sure you book an appointment for your Covid test well before you go.  There are several hospitals and clinics in San Jose that do PCR tests for around $130 US and provide results in 24-48 hours.  But apart from the facility at the airport, the ones I looked at were all appointment-only, no walk-ins.  Best make sure you've got a test booked for the third day before you fly home, rather than risk not being able to get one and being denied boarding at the airport.

Note that the facility at the airport offers both rapid tests and PCR tests and doesn't require a pre-booked appointment.  To get back into Canada, you need a PCR test.  The normal turnaround time at the airport for a PCR test is 24-36 hours.  You can can a quick result in just 3 hours, but you have to pay something like triple the regular rate for that.

Edited by umpiredice

8 minutes ago, umpiredice said:

I already have flights, hotel, and Covid test booked for Costa Rica. I'm going solo, so just one ticket for me.

FYI for those going - make sure you book an appointment for your Covid test well before you go.  There are several hospitals and clinics in San Jose that do PCR tests for around $130 US and provide results in 24-48 hours.  But apart from the facility at the airport, the ones I looked at were all appointment-only, no walk-ins.  Best make sure you've got a test booked for the third day before you fly home, rather than risk not being able to get one and being denied boarding at the airport.

Note that the facility at the airport offers both rapid tests and PCR tests and doesn't require a pre-booked appointment.  To get back into Canada, you need a PCR test.  The normal turnaround time at the airport for a PCR test is 24-36 hours.  You can can a quick result in just 3 hours, but you have to pay something like triple the regular rate for that.

You could also buy this at-home kit RT-LAMP kit, and do is from wherever you are staying in CR as long as you have a webcam and good internet connection. Avoids having to step into any type of clinic.

https://switchhealth.ca/en/partners/aeroplan/#collectionKits

2 minutes ago, djcuse said:

You could also buy this at-home kit RT-LAMP kit, and do is from wherever you are staying in CR as long as you have a webcam and good internet connection. Avoids having to step into any type of clinic.

https://switchhealth.ca/en/partners/aeroplan/#collectionKits

That's a rapid test, not PCR.  You require a PCR test to get back into Canada.  The rapid test is only good for entry to the US.

I'm arriving just before noon on March 23, flying out around noon March 26.  I took the Air Canada flights from YVR through YYZ rather than the Air Mexico ones through Mexico City because the return flight on Air Mexico leaves at 2:00a.  I'm staying at a little place about a ten minute walk from the stadium.  I'm up for doing something the afternoon of the 24th before the match, I'm up for celebrations after the match, and I'd love to get a group together for something on the 25th.  Let me know.

36 minutes ago, Cblake said:

What are the current testing requiremets for going to Costa Rica?

The general policy is this:

"Tourists who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and individuals aged 18 and younger (even if unvaccinated) can enter the country without a travel policy. The last dose of the vaccine must have been applied at least 14 days prior to arrival in Costa Rica."

There's a form you have to fill out online no more than 72 hours prior to travelling.  See here for full details:

https://www.visitcostarica.com/en/costa-rica/planning-your-trip/entry-requirements