WCQ: Third Round - Window 5 (March 24 - 30, 2022)

Cblake

25 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Like the team except for Fraser. I know he'll perform but his choice to go to such a low level can't be good long term.

Agreed, I think he should have been left off. Mind you, since he'll probably not start, knows the system if he subs in, and has given us decent performances, I see the logic. But still, him choosing to go to a team like that was not good for his career, as it stands. Go to a top flight somewhere, if not Belgium then Scandinavia, Austria, Switzerland...

Theo will be a shoe in for the nation's league imo. Great time to blood new players and try something different.

That said we could have a squads worth of those type of players and Herdman has shown he values consistency. If we even gave half the current squad a rest I would be shocked.

Theo, Jebbison, Priso, Paton, Pasher, Edwards, Rutty, Choiniere, ZBG, Holmes (if eligible) Akinola, Brym, Ennin, Waterman, MacNaughton, Schaffelburg, Okello, Petrasso, Chung, Breza, Hasal.

Missed a few for sure on top of that in the MLS teams that could breakthrough, CPL standouts plus people like Smith/Halbouni in Europe or the reliable fringe like Akindele and piette returning.

We got depth.. or it is certainly coming.

I’m getting so pumped for this week now. Remember when many of us were freaking over Suriname? I can’t reiterate how important it is for us to qualify on our own merits in the field when it is still just 32 teams. I feel for Davies, the catalyst for changing the perception of this as a soccer nation. It’s all about Qatar but he deserves to be here for this 

Edited by EJsens1

Any way we can work the Will Greig’s on fire chant for our strikers?  The Capo in 114 was leading this at the TFC game and it was awesome.  I believe that capo leads the Canadian games as well.  It works for basically all of our guys and 5000 people yelling that out would be incredible to hear and hopefully catch on with the rest of the fans

1 hour ago, rydermike said:

I thoroughly enjoy how they always use the elbow against Mexico as Doneil Henry's go to image now. 

Not using Adekube jumping into the snow is a miss though. 

That Henry mic-drop was the clip that made me chuckle.  No fancy defensive play or nice touch on the ball.  Just a straight up brain-rattling body check.   

Edited by dyslexic nam

Can't imagine this forecast for Sunday will make the Jamaicans happy. While it will be nowhere near as cold as it was in Edmonton or Hamilton for that matter the lake affect will make it chilly, even plus 5 the wind coming off the lake is biting. I can say that from many matches spent at BMO over the years. Just bundle up and celebrate. 

277136301_10159895156695070_7870946690958792658_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p180x540&_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_eui2=AeHYDau6oA--pAdg2e8uLLnQydfyWodJqqXJ1_Jah0mqpXKGh_D7O1QLbFdUCDWjklc&_nc_ohc=2WX8v1jG_fQAX_xo1nU&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-1.fna&oh=00_AT97iBqALA6U7meck9zNSNzj_xr3LbACsF19xIbpVgOqBg&oe=623D4326

23 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Can't imagine this forecast for Sunday will make the Jamaicans happy. While it will be nowhere near as cold as it was in Edmonton or Hamilton for that matter the lake affect will make it chilly, even plus 5 the wind coming off the lake is biting. I can say that from many matches spent at BMO over the years. Just bundle up and celebrate. 

277136301_10159895156695070_7870946690958792658_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p180x540&_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_eui2=AeHYDau6oA--pAdg2e8uLLnQydfyWodJqqXJ1_Jah0mqpXKGh_D7O1QLbFdUCDWjklc&_nc_ohc=2WX8v1jG_fQAX_xo1nU&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-1.fna&oh=00_AT97iBqALA6U7meck9zNSNzj_xr3LbACsF19xIbpVgOqBg&oe=623D4326

Plus that pitch is such a delight to play on. Basically nullifies any type of skill level.

8 hours ago, Cblake said:

image.png.f2113035764ae0fa36df156a7094ae0d.png

For the sake of celebrations, here's hoping Monday turns to Sunday.

13 hours ago, toontownman said:

Theo will be a shoe in for the nation's league imo. Great time to blood new players and try something different.

That said we could have a squads worth of those type of players and Herdman has shown he values consistency. If we even gave half the current squad a rest I would be shocked.

Theo, Jebbison, Priso, Paton, Pasher, Edwards, Rutty, Choiniere, ZBG, Holmes (if eligible) Akinola, Brym, Ennin, Waterman, MacNaughton, Schaffelburg, Okello, Petrasso, Chung, Breza, Hasal.

Missed a few for sure on top of that in the MLS teams that could breakthrough, CPL standouts plus people like Smith/Halbouni in Europe or the reliable fringe like Akindele and piette returning.

It is great that not only can we discuss which regulars should be starting a given game, but we can also discuss which of the literally two dozen or more young, up-and-comers are most deserving of a shot.

I'm very interested in how nations league will look. We've all been talking about integration and new blood but do we actually know how Herdman is thinking of approaching it? He could very easily use the games as more reps ahead of Qatar and as a result its mostly the same guys.

If he does go the new blood route, who does he leave off? I imagine any in season MLSers who are regulars might get left off (but then do they want to be? e.g. Osorio) and then how does he aproach Europeans? I could see David getting a rest, but then I could see Davies coming in since he missed a lot of time recently.

Lots to think about.

13 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I'm very interested in how nations league will look. We've all been talking about integration and new blood but do we actually know how Herdman is thinking of approaching it? He could very easily use the games as more reps ahead of Qatar and as a result its mostly the same guys.

If he does go the new blood route, who does he leave off? I imagine any in season MLSers who are regulars might get left off (but then do they want to be? e.g. Osorio) and then how does he aproach Europeans? I could see David getting a rest, but then I could see Davies coming in since he missed a lot of time recently.

Lots to think about.

The U20 tournament is also following Nations League. 

So perhaps some guys will be there instead? Kone?

Edited by narduch

15 hours ago, toontownman said:

And as a CANMNT fan I love to see this

2 hours ago, VinceA said:

Lots to think about.

Yeah you can spend the whole week pondering the possibilities and your boss will think you're really concentrating on your work.

Edited by Sal333