WCQ: Third Round - Window 5 (March 24 - 30, 2022)

Cblake

1 minute ago, Floortom said:

Looks like Octagonal spots 1 to 4 are set and the least days matches are meaningless 

And, the placing aside, these are the four teams most of us would have picked for the top four.  I figured we'd be scrapping it out with Costa Rica for 4th, mind you.  (Panama sure fell off. I was sort of hoping they snuck in.)

I want to see Crepeau vs. Panama, plus Ugbo and Kone and Millar etc. Cornelius, too.  I suspect Vittoria will not play. Why risk prolonging his injury, or making it worse. 

But I expect Herdman to prepare this team for battle. He must. Good habits are something you practice all the time, no matter the resources available. Tactics might shift--due to resources--but the habits should not. Getting ready for Qatar starts now.

3 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

I want to see Crepeau vs. Panama, plus Ugbo and Kone and Millar etc. Cornelius, too.  I suspect Vittoria will not play. Why risk prolonging his injury, or making it worse. 

But I expect Herdman to prepare this team for battle. He must. Good habits are something you practice all the time, no matter the resources available. Tactics might shift--due to resources--but the habits should not. Getting ready for Qatar starts now.

Gutierrez should finally see some minutes too, although I would expect adekugbe to start. 

Will be interesting to see how Panama react. Will go one of two ways!

41 minutes ago, AvroArrow said:

If I recall correctly, some one else posted that while yellows do not carry over to the World Cup, red card suspensions will.  Since dumb red cards can happen, I'd recommend any of our key players stay on the bench against Panama.

Although I assume they would serve any potential red in the nation's league games? So might not be a big issue.

3 hours ago, rydermike said:

Well Costa Rica needs to beat the US by 6 next match to directly qualify. That's not going to happen. Still they should be able to handle New Zealand

Ironically, if the US forfeit the match it’s a 3-0 win for Costa Rica which will qualify the US for the World Cup