WCQ: Third Round - Window 5 (March 24 - 30, 2022)

Cblake

1 hour ago, RS said:

DSC is in

First thing I thought was: hope they are not playing during the qualifying window, cause he could lose his spot.

And they are not. The play on the 3rd of April, Sunday, so that is a two-week break. If he starts this Sunday and all goes well, he has time to get back and train to start for Minnesota on the 3rd. Happy for him, last season he got benched for one match and never got back in.

7 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Keylor's legacy has sure risen after how Donarruma botched that away match at Madrid. Boy was that a mess, not just the keeper, but mostly the keeper (and Marquinhos). Just saying, they keep trying to push him out but he remains a top footballer.

Meanwhile Milan is super happy with Donnarumma's replacement, Maignan.

Eesh... The OFC qualifiers in Qatar are turning into a fiasco. Vanuatu had to withdraw due to most players having COVID. Now the Cook Islands are dealing with an outbreak too, and their next game cannot go ahead. That's 2 teams out of 8 affected, and only 3 games have been played.

Much of the rest of the world has gotten Omicron, so other confederations should be mostly fine for this window. But let's hope this isn't a preview of the World Cup...

Good thing Gareth Wheeler’s “we don’t need more CB depth” comments this week are not coming back to bite us, no not at all. 

I expect we see Montreal’s back three (including Waterman) get called in, maybe even McNaugton.  Let’s hope Gutierrez amd Henry don’t get injured tonight as well

12 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Good thing Gareth Wheeler’s “we don’t need more CB depth” comments this week are not coming back to bite us, no not at all. 

I expect we see Montreal’s back three (including Waterman) get called in, maybe even McNaugton.  Let’s hope Gutierrez amd Henry don’t get injured tonight as well

You may be right, but I’d rather see Cornelius than Waterman, just because he has a lot more international experience. We may need both though, depending on how bad some of these injuries are.

11 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Kennedy apparently came out with a nosebleed and ran off the pitch, Vitoria is being called, Henry is suspended so will be available for 2 matches, and Cornelius, Johnston, Miller are all available.

We’re fine. No way Waterman or Macnaughton get called. I think we’d see Hutchinson back there first. 

2 minutes ago, archer21 said:

You may be right, but I’d rather see Cornelius than Waterman, just because he has a lot more international experience. We may need both though, depending on how bad some of these injuries are.

For sure Cornelius will get called in ahead of Waterman, but I expect to see both if Kennedy can’t make it - although if he just had a nose bleed as reported below, I suspect he should be good to go