WCQ: Third Round - Window 5 (March 24 - 30, 2022)

Cblake

14 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Not sure if this is legit but there seems to be enough quality there to cause us problems. Surprised that some of these guys would come at this stage. 

This is a good thing for Jamaica. When there's nothing to play for a lot of their players tend to fuck off and that hurts the program massively. If guys like Pinnock, Roofe and Gray can actually be committed moving forward they all should be part of the next cycle. Leigh is a good one too, apparently. Still though, to see guys like Antonio, Morrison, and especially Bailey not be called isn't good. Maybe some of these guys are injured, but if not they really need to be showing up every window if they want the momentum to build something special. This is a good start but it's still not good enough. Cordova-Reid, Moore and Nicholson are some more off the top of my head who are big omissions. They got to get better at this.

5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

This is a good thing for Jamaica. When there's nothing to play for a lot of their players tend to fuck off and that hurts the program massively. If guys like Pinnock, Roofe and Gray can actually be committed moving forward they all should be part of the next cycle. Leigh is a good one too, apparently. Still though, to see guys like Antonio, Morrison, and especially Bailey not be called isn't good. Maybe some of these guys are injured, but if not they really need to be showing up every window if they want the momentum to build something special. This is a good start but it's still not good enough. Cordova-Reid, Moore and Nicholson are some more off the top of my head who are big omissions. They got to get better at this.

I've seen conflicting reports that Bailey is coming in, although things may have changed in the last 24 hours. He's been trash for Jamaica though.

edit: Bailey is in the graphic, he's the last name in the picture which is cut off in the Tweet preview.

Edited by VinceA

3 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Bailey and Morrison are on the list

De Cordova Reid, Nicholson and Antonio have been their 3 best attackers so their absence hurts but this Jamaican team has depth. They can still put out an attack featuring Bailey and Gray though.

I wonder how committed this team will be though. Are they coming for a party or to prepare for future matches? 

45 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Not sure if this is legit but there seems to be enough quality there to cause us problems. Surprised that some of these guys would come at this stage. 

Not a bad team, could be a lot worse considering they are practically out. But they have a good crop to prepare the near future with, which is nations league this year and the Gold Cup next. Only omissions is DJ, and fickle Antonio. Nicholson makes sense as he's in Moscow. 

It's the end of their road, but Jamaica has a strong core to build on. I think the Jamish manager in Paul Hall with the right backing will be able to recruit better than Whitmore, so I think with a few additions and more reps playing together we will see a different Jamaica next cycle. 

4 minutes ago, Shway said:

Not a bad team, could be a lot worse considering they are practically out. But they have a good crop to prepare the near future with, which is nations league this year and the Gold Cup next. Only omissions is DJ, and fickle Antonio. Nicholson makes sense as he's in Moscow. 

It's the end of their road, but Jamaica has a strong core to build on. I think the Jamish manager in Paul Hall with the right backing will be able to recruit better than Whitmore, so I think with a few additions and more reps playing together we will see a different Jamaica next cycle. 

They’ve been a huge disappointment. After Mexico and the US, I thought they would be our toughest competition. Lot of talent, but off the field, seems like a shit show, translating into lacklustre performances. They have had no fans for home games though I believe, so that is a big loss to keep in mind.

5 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

They’ve been a huge disappointment. After Mexico and the US, I thought they would be our toughest competition. Lot of talent, but off the field, seems like a shit show, translating into lacklustre performances. They have had no fans for home games though I believe, so that is a big loss to keep in mind.

This has been forgotten and is most important. Only team to experience this. 

35 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

I fully agree. I had earmarked this last home game as the biggest one... of course I pessimistically thought we'd be fighting for 4th.

Them not having fans doesn't seem like the biggest factor, I'm not sure that playing in Jamaica is the most intimidating of our adversaries. In fact, I think Jamaica's fan base is the least intimidating of all fan bases. I've seen a few Canada games vs Jamaica, and although they show up flags and all, they are too polite or something. Honduras, El Salvador and even the Americans are more intimidating!

3 hours ago, EJsens1 said:

In less than a week we could be officially qualified for Qatar.  It’s been about a year since this qualifying really started.  Seeing rosters officially announced (really intrigued to see who shows up for Jamaica) and rumours about who could be included in ours is getting is starting to get me pumped up again. Been waiting over 30 years for this moment to happen.  I don’t even know how I’ll react 

You'll empty out your joint accounts, tell your wifey you're going out to buy cigarettes, book a flight to Qatar, enjoy the sex, drugs and rock N roll life till the CAN NT wins the World Cup, get arrested by INTERPOL for impersonating Justin Trudeau (in black face) while trying to hold up a 7-11 in Doha, get sent back home to your wife, tell her you were the NT's mascot. They needed you and you proved yourself worthy cause they won it all. She forgives you and you live happily ever after.

Or maybe not.

1 hour ago, Sal333 said:

You'll empty out your joint accounts, tell your wifey you're going out to buy cigarettes, book a flight to Qatar, enjoy the sex, drugs and rock N roll life till the CAN NT wins the World Cup, get arrested by INTERPOL for impersonating Justin Trudeau (in black face) while trying to hold up a 7-11 in Doha, get sent back home to your wife, tell her you were the NT's mascot. They needed you and you proved yourself worthy cause they won it all. She forgives you and you live happily ever after.

Or maybe not.

That certainly went to another level. I didn’t think it would escalate to the hookers, coke and sex, but I suppose all bets are off..