Costa Rica played with COVID-positive players – JFF doctor

Cblake

1 minute ago, Cblake said:

They are the only entity that could have allowed the players to play. FIFA/CONCAF would have only been allowed to let the players take the pitch once the government/health officials had given clearance. Yes as of now the only sanctions will come from CONCAF/FIFA as the game has been played, but a timeline of who knew what and when will help determine what actions are taken. 

Dude, there are no actions to be taken here. The game happened, the players played, and FIFA/CONCACAF authorized their participation, which according to you means the health officials also cleared it.

The only question mark here is whether the Costa Rican federation put out a false statement, but there's no reason to believe they would in my opinion, especially when it comes to saying that FIFA cleared those players.

It would be completely stupid for them to go on record and say they got FIFA clearance if they didn't. 

16 minutes ago, Cblake said:

They are the only entity that could have allowed the players to play. FIFA/CONCAF would have only been allowed to let the players take the pitch once the government/health officials had given clearance. Yes as of now the only sanctions will come from CONCAF/FIFA as the game has been played, but a timeline of who knew what and when will help determine what actions are taken. 

Why would public health have any say in the matter?  Should Keiran Moore have tried to yank McKennie out at halftime?

Just now, theaub said:

Why would public health have any say in the matter?  Should Keiran Moore have tried to yank McKennie out at halftime?

In Ontario for instance any athlete who has tested positive needs to be cleared by the local public unit before they return to action. Auston Mathews is an example of that. Everything goes through them. 

2 hours ago, narduch said:

UT had this covered in his post on this topic. 

If you find your opponent using an illegal player you wait for after the match to file your complaint. There's nothing shady about that.

I think you are showing a bias here because of you don't think covid is a big deal.

Not if you are Brazil, you run onto the match to stop it when its in progress.  That’s the proper protocol.

Anyhow, maybe Costa Rica was being advised by Djokovic’s crew.

48 minutes ago, Cblake said:

In Ontario for instance any athlete who has tested positive needs to be cleared by the local public unit before they return to action. Auston Mathews is an example of that. Everything goes through them. 

At what point are you going to just assume the local authorities gave the necessary clearance to FIFA?

You're the one who brought this point up in the first place, I would have thought you'd arrive to this conclusion by now. I have already pointed it here:

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

We know the "Jamaican local authorities" (whatever that means) were given the results ahead of time according to the CR federation. I think it's safe to assume that includes Jamaican public health. 

I know what you're saying, but they did allow the players to take the pitch (obviously).

and here: 

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

The game happened, the players played, and FIFA/CONCACAF authorized their participation, which according to you means the health officials also cleared it.

Why do you keep repeating yourself that health officials are the only entity that could allow the players to play? You've said this like 3 times now, we get it. @theaub and myself are asking from the context of consequence for the table. From that context the health agencies or government are completely irrelevant. Are we just talking past each other, or do you see some relevance here that we don't?

22 hours ago, red card said:

That's what happened in Brasil vs Argentina WCQ - it was for lying about quarantine rules. They didn't wait for half time though.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58431607

The brazil government has a doble standard ...if you are brazilian and live in UK you can enter no quarantine.  If you are somewhere else and came from Uk ...14 days indoors.   They are gonna give the points to Argentina FiFa waited until qualifiers are over