Canada's run to the World Cup is beautiful, it is about inclusion, bringing us all together, let's celebrate that ( :

Cblake

1 hour ago, Yoginess said:

Never thought I’d see the day when TGAA was the most reasonable response in a thread... rest is trash I don’t care to talk about.

I agree, gotta let this sink in. Literally never been to a WC in my life time and the Gold Cup was so damn long ago.

Can I like this 20 times 😎  Lets talk soccer and take this garbage to Facebook.

I agree this happens since your biggest concern as a country is your winter weather, which is similar for our as the Patagonia whether.   And our population there in those cold  provinces is just  low.  I mean everybody wants to go for vacation in the winter in Patagonia,  they come loads of tourism from Brazil too to enjoy the snow,  but very few wants to live there,  they prefer the mild winter of greater Buenos Aires.  17 millions live in the  peripherals of 100  kms  around.  

So sad about the extreme right acts of self supreme politics, its like having  Jair Bolsonaro's zealots in Canada without the bossa 

Edited by JAVIERF

1 hour ago, narduch said:

It's all over the internet.

I know it's  a waste of time arguing with a reply guy. But here's one article. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/8543281/covid-trucker-convoy-organizers-hate/amp/

That's it? Two individuals making "offside" comments? That's your proof of "how the organizers all have ties to white supremacist organizations"? It seems you got duped by sensationalist media reporting, nothing more. 

But don't worry narduch, this is an improvement. At the very least, you made an attempt to reference evidence here. However, the attempt was just you citing an article which talks about allegations but very little proof.  

Also, what's a reply guy? I am just trying to make you accountable for your accusations, which will help you grow as a person. Me questioning you is actually quite altruistic in nature. Your future self will thank me.

I recommend going forward you question the things you witness in the mass media, whether that be national news networks, the internet or film/TV a lot more. It will do you some good, open your eyes, allow you to witness the true reality distortion at display. 

Edited by Macksam

1 hour ago, eramosat said:

Try to be nice people.  And don't believe everything you read on Facebook/watch on the CBC/hear from your friends /write on the internet. 

Indeed

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

And you were worried about the arguing over the TO vs everyone else for hosting games. HAHA.    I was thinking the board did very well to avoid this topic for as long as it did.  But I dont actually think it will be fine.  I'm well into my 50's and I have never seen people so divided, so angry, so dug in about anything else.  Not the languages act (a real oldie), not Trudeau in the 70's, not the GST/Mulroney era or Quebec/Western seperation.  Of course we as a society (CDN under 80) havnt had to go through a world war or a great depression etc, you know REAL HARD TIMES.  Real forced sacrifice.  It really saddens me that this is how its ended up.  I have family members and neighbors honking their horns of their trucks on the side of the highway, screaming about the rothchilds, illuminati, baby eating santanic cabals and how we are under martial law for no reason and they cant wait until the shooting starts.  I really dont know how we move on after this.  Its all gotten out of hand and to tell the truth for me its really taken the joy out of this wonderful soccer run our team has been on.      .  

What makes you the most sad?

2 hours ago, kacbru said:

Cry me a river. Choices have consequences. You are in a situation you don't like because you have chosen to be. 

You know who doesn't have any choice? All the people worked to the bone, going on three years in healthcare. Working double, triple shifts. Putting themselves, and their families at risk. They have to, no choice. Largely to deal with those freedom loving, me firsters who choose to be burden to society. How do you think healthcare workers feel when they know full well that the ICU bed is being taken up by someone who made the individual choice not to be vaccinated? Knowing that it means that a cancer patient's treatment is delayed? 

And you are looking for sympathy because you can't get on a plane? The self-entitlement is unreal. 

Actually the bolded has occurred because of the vax mandates. There were mass resignations in the industry when health care workers were forced to get the vaccine in Ontario. That caused the true burden on nurses and the like which has lead to burn out.  

As for the second bolded point, what makes you think this is happening? Because the CBC told you so?

Edited by Macksam

25 minutes ago, Macksam said:

That's it? Two organizers making "offside" comments? That's your proof of "how the organizers all have ties to white supremacist organizations"? It seems you got duped by sensationalist media reporting, nothing more. 

But don't worry narduch, this is an improvement. At the very least, you made an attempt to reference evidence here. However, the attempt was just you citing an article which talks about allegations but very little proof.  

Also, what's a reply guy? I am just trying to make you accountable for your accusations, which will help you grow as a person. Me questioning you is actually quite altruistic in nature. Your future self will thank me.

I recommend going forward you question the things you witness in the mass media, whether that be national news networks, the internet or film/TV a lot more. It will do you some good, open your eyes, allow you to witness the true reality distortion at display. 

I think this is a bit more than “offside” and isn't hearsay….

8 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Indeed

What makes you the most sad?

Actually the bolded has occurred because of the vax mandates. There were mass resignations in the industry when health care workers were forced to get the vaccine in Ontario. That caused the true burden on nurses and the like which has lead to burn out.  

As for the second bolded point, what makes you think this is happening? Because the CBC told you so?

Sure...Thanks for enlightening me.