WCQ: El Salvador vs Canada- Wed, Feb 2, 9pm EST / 6pm Pacific - San Salvador

5 minutes ago, jonovision said:

^ I see no reason to hold anyone back due to yellows. Play for the win which punches our ticket. Qualifying is virtually assured with 25 points.

Excellent point.  To me the guy you can’t take out is Adekugbe 

773E2BA4-01CD-4C49-9B15-86F78A618C3C.thumb.png.3187dd76c7e8c442756fde561a22fde6.png

I hope it’s not like the Score’s line up from the other day 

Random question…I’ve noticed the walk on music during qualifiers is different from the usual FIFA anthem.  Pretty sure the FIFA anthem was played in the last cycle.  

Anyone know what this song is?  Kinda stirs the emotions, but perhaps that’s also due to importance of these matches…

15 minutes ago, cornerkick said:

Random question…I’ve noticed the walk on music during qualifiers is different from the usual FIFA anthem.  Pretty sure the FIFA anthem was played in the last cycle.  

Anyone know what this song is?  Kinda stirs the emotions, but perhaps that’s also due to importance of these matches…

3 hours ago, prairiecanuck said:

He took 4 fouls in 13 minutes one of which was a yellow and a couple that were borderline yellow.  He had to come out knock or not.  He was too amped up for that game.  I can't blame him.  It was a massive game.  It's between the ears for him.  Sometimes he gets it right, sometimes he gets it horribly wrong.   The athleticism is certainly there.

It was an excellent call to recognize the danger of keeping Henry on the field and getting him out of there.

Hutchinson suspension makes sense. When I saw he wasn't on the team sheet, my mind was blown. I understood not starting him, but we were so thin on midfielders, it made no sense to keep him out, when Piette was injured and Staq unavailable. The fact they had no choice makes more sense

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

Now I am thinking the Atiba yellow for time wasting when we were up 2-0 against Honduras was deliberate, like Eustaquio in the Gold Cup, just more subtle. He wasn’t likely to play anyway against the US on 2 days rest

This. When Atiba took the yellow v Honduras I was thinking that's such a waste for him to get carded for time wasting. Remind me never to second guess The Man

I think we could play this way, thinking Millar is really a left wing, and that Cornelius has indeed played as an outside back. I don't think we'll see Igbo with Cavallini. We won't change keepers unless Borjan really does need a break. We can't take the whole team apart, we need continuity in all lines.

Cavallini        Larin

Millar       Eustaquio      Osorio 

Hutchinson

Adekugbe       Henry      Kennedy      Cornelius

Borjan

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think we could play this way, thinking Millar is really a left wing, and that Cornelius has indeed played as an outside back. I don't think we'll see Igbo with Cavallini. We won't change keepers unless Borjan really does need a break. We can't take the whole team apart, we need continuity in all lines.

Cavallini        Larin

Hutchinson

Borjan

I don’t watch a lot of TFC games and of course players rotate around the pitch, but is Osorio used much on the wing?

4 hours ago, jonovision said:

^ I see no reason to hold anyone back due to yellows. Play for the win which punches our ticket. Qualifying is virtually assured with 25 points.

Exactly play for the win.  Take the damned match by the scruff of the neck.

Some posters here took it wrong, some wrote " especulate and play counter attacks".  

Wrong  attitude.  Go and conquer.  It is a match that if you lose doesn't change it much, but if you overcome there, it is almost done and dusted.

....,.............borjan................

Hutchinson. Henry.   Miller

Buch. Osorio  EUstq.   Ade

David

Larín.                       Cavallini/Ukbe

4 hours ago, jonovision said:

I was actually thinking about this too.

We've already faced all of the tougher opponents and have virtually qualified.

We have shown we have depth.

There is no point worrying about yellow cards anymore.

Edited by narduch

43 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Cavallini        Larin

Hutchinson

Borjan

I really like this lineup. The only change I would make is Ugbo in for Cavallini. We know what Lucas can bring. We really have no idea what Ike has to give to the team. This would be a good time to find out. Also, Ugbo's first cap was a few minutes with Larin and they looked good together.

2 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

I really like this lineup. The only change I would make is Ugbo in for Cavallini. We know what Lucas can bring. We really have no idea what Ike has to give to the team. This would be a good time to find out. Also, Ugbo's first cap was a few minutes with Larin and they looked good together.

Is not the time for experiment.  Cavallini is Argentinian all over his minset unless he is injured will ease pressure,  Ukbe is unknown ...his starting chance will come.   I would go with  Larin Cavallini and David on the glam hole as #10

Edited by JAVIERF

57 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Cavallini        Larin

Hutchinson

Borjan

I've never seen Cornelius play RB in a back 4 and while I don't doubt he could do it, it would be a stretch.  I'd prefer ZBG - with Cornelius or Guti at LB if we want to give Sam a rest.

4 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Is cavallini even available? He wasn’t on the bench for the US match. Wasnt out there for celebrations. Something must have happened 

Rumour went around he may of had a positive test. Don't think anyone confirmed that though. I assume Wheeler would of mentioned it, but after the Eustaquio thing, who knows what he is and isn't fed.

Thing with Cav is, when was the last time he scored? Like 7 months ago? He just hasn't been in form for a while now. The reports say he arrived into VWC training in great shape so maybe he has a good mindset for this season. I was actually surprised he didn't move to another club for a new start.

We don't really have anyone on the roster that plays with his style though. Think he would be great in the air against El Salvador. 

Edited by canuckgbp