WCQ: El Salvador vs Canada- Wed, Feb 2, 9pm EST / 6pm Pacific - San Salvador

There seems to be a very business like/quietly confident demeanor with respect to our players and Herdman.  John/ the leadership group/players will go into this game as a cup final/do or die contest. My perception is that they  don't just want to qualify for Qatar...they want to continue with their winning streak over the next 4 games. There is no more sales/promotion stuff from Herdman ....he doesn't have to sell this team to the media/public anymore. The results are doing that. He is much more composed/confident when he is interviewed and so are the players

5 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Based around the confusion on Eustaquio (completely on purpose) for last game, I wonder how much we will actually find out. Won't trust anything until we see the lineup lol. 

If he’s there, the most logical possibility to me was that it would have been a logistical nightmare Covid wise/quarantine rules for whatever reason to get in to Canada, whereas it is just easier to get into El Salvador.  Pure speculation on my part.  Like you, I’ll believe it when I see it now.

5 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Praying not only that we beat El Salvador but praying Mexico comes through for us and they beat Panama for us to lock up our spot for Qatar or praying for the Reggae Boyz of Jamaica to beat Costa Rica 

Extremely unlikely, but I would love to see USA lose and Mexico and Panama draw, and us win, and all of a sudden we're 7 (USA and Panama) and 6 (Mexico) points clear at the top.

Edited by jonovision

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

Extremely unlikely, but I would love to see USA lose and Mexico and Panama draw, and us win, and all of a sudden we're 7 (USA and Panama) and 6 (Mexico) points clear at the top.

Yeah sure but ideally if USA lose or draw against Honduras, Mexico beats Panama and Jamaica beats Costa Rica in any of the following 3 scenarios we qualify for Qatar tomorrow night.

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

Extremely unlikely, but I would love to see USA lose and Mexico and Panama draw, and us win, and all of a sudden we're 7 (USA) and 6 (Panama) points clear at the top.

I believe we would be clear of USA and Panama by 7, and clear of Mexico by 6 in that scenario. 

That would make for an amazing Mexico v USA match next window.

Just now, CanadaFan123 said:

I believe we would be clear of USA and Panama by 7, and clear of Mexico by 6 in that scenario. 

That would make for an amazing Mexico v USA match next window.

Yes, edited to fix. I don't see USA losing to Honduras though. I still am not convinced that match is going to go ahead as scheduled. Weather for tomorrow in St. Paul is forecast to be significantly worse than Edmonton was.

19 hours ago, pod818 said:

Didn't he suffer a knock in that game? He had some trouble keeping pace with the Mexican Forwards, and indicated that in the recent interview as part of the reason he was subbed off early. He played well in the other qualifying games I thought

Is it just me or does Alistair Johnston look like he's put on some muscle?

19 hours ago, pod818 said:

Didn't he suffer a knock in that game? He had some trouble keeping pace with the Mexican Forwards, and indicated that in the recent interview as part of the reason he was subbed off early. He played well in the other qualifying games I thought

He did pick up a knock. Looked like a thigh injury. Henry normally doesn't suffer from a lack of foot speed but was slow in that match.

8 minutes ago, jonovision said:

He did pick up a knock. Looked like a thigh injury. Henry normally doesn't suffer from a lack of foot speed but was slow in that match.

He took 4 fouls in 13 minutes one of which was a yellow and a couple that were borderline yellow.  He had to come out knock or not.  He was too amped up for that game.  I can't blame him.  It was a massive game.  It's between the ears for him.  Sometimes he gets it right, sometimes he gets it horribly wrong.   The athleticism is certainly there.

44 minutes ago, narduch said:

So we trained in doors yesterday. 

Did we head to El Salvador yet?

That is a training centre near Hamilton, was trying to figure out which one. The sponsor banner on the left is for an Oakville stucco company. 

That looks like those who did not get minutes vs. the US and were doing a more complete training session with Herdman, those who played would have done a recovery session. I assume it was shot on Monday. 

31 minutes ago, jonovision said:

If the US loses points against Honduras, all hell will break loose down south.  Not just because of the result, but I think the US has the toughest window in March:

Mexico away

Panama home

Costa Rica away

If Costa Rica has something to play for in that match, ooooooooooooo!!