WCQ: El Salvador vs Canada- Wed, Feb 2, 9pm EST / 6pm Pacific - San Salvador

58 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Honestly the whole team wasn't great. Noone was horrible, but Larin and I suppose Borjan was probably the only one that stood out that had a "good" game. There was good plays mixed with bad plays by everyone else.

The pitch horrible and the commentators in Spanish said it is a slow dry pitch to play, grass is left very long in purpose, as a tramp to slow down the faster teams.  The analyst was a former Costa Rican international and gave some insights.  

Edited by JAVIERF

8 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

The guy was eating alive by the atmosphere.  Central America is difficult for some people to play.  Ask the bags of urine and the targets.  In which world are you living?   

It is part of snowflake generation well some people tell it like it is, as my friend Trevor Noah says " the context is everything". School boys like Millar are eating alive in some places, he didn't play vs a club in Switzerland.  They were thousands of policemen to protect you.  Didn't you see the final act?  Attendance was attacking the away bench!!!

Yea if you think Millar didn't adapt to the conditions thats fine, but it isn't because he is white. Watch Johnston vs Honduras or when he came on as a sub today. 

14 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

The guy was eating alive by the atmosphere.  Central America is difficult for some people to play.  Ask the bags of urine and the targets.  In which world are you living?   

It is part of snowflake generation well some people tell it like it is, as my friend Trevor Noah says " the context is everything". School boys like Millar are eating alive in some places, he didn't play vs a club in Switzerland.  They were thousands of policemen to protect you.  Didn't you see the final act?  Attendance was attacking the away bench!!!

Nothing you just said has anything to do with his skin colour. How is that difficult to understand? 

Just now, Xavier. said:

Yea if you think Millar didn't adapt to the conditions thats fine, but it isn't because he is white. Watch Johnston vs Honduras or when he came on as a sub today. 

OK I will, Millar wasnt good he was use to at this kind of matches,  the Salvadorians grabbed him from everywhere, kicked him and they tried to intimidate him, in a lot of situations because he was a raw, newbie and they had that in mind.  

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

Vitoria made the trip. Cool to see.

People saying he should go back to Portugal and not bother making the trip because he wasn’t playing I wonder if they have ever been involved in a team sport? Sometimes you need guys like Vitoria just to be there in the dressing room with the team . Team sports is not just the game on the field or even just the players on the field . I’m not surprised Vitoria stuck around and I’m sure Herdman just wanted him with the team even if he wasn’t playing. Vitoria has become a key character with this team as a coach I want him there even if he can’t play .

33 minutes ago, Metro said:

They'll probably wave their bonuses in front of the Salvadorans.

Too soon? 😄

Brilliant !!!  Those Salvadorians are nasty, I watched the local broadcast in Spanish.  Commentator an analyst were making fun of how the public at the end was throwing stuff to the Canadians.  

And specially when Millar and Kennedy were attacked.  There is one particular in the first half in a set piece on the corner flag.  They threw everything to Kennedy and the Spanish commentators said something like " watch out Kennedy you are targeted " and they laughed.

Edited by JAVIERF

What strikes me the most about this window (besides a dream amount of points) is that Honduras and Jamaica would have been so, so undeservedly gifted automatic qualification to  Concacrap's original final round format.

We were fighting for ranking points to overtake El Salvador for the final spot and just eliminated an overall underwhelming La Selecta. The long route originally proposed for the bulk of the confederation teams was beyond crooked.

We might not have made it at all which would have made it the biggest most corrupt CONCACAFing we ever received.

Now here we are with this quality of team.

We should be playing for as many points as possible in the last window for both ranking points to improve our draw but also to try to keep a high standard.

Lots to clean up but just go one level at a time, enjoy everything, keep trying to improve and finish the job.

That was the best set of games in my near 25 years.

One smile doesn't express my happiness.

Edited by Joe Keeper

1 minute ago, Joe Keeper said:

What strikes me the most about this window (besides a dream amount of points) is that Honduras and Jamaica would have been so, so undeservedly gifted automatic qualification to  Concacrap's original final round format.

We were fighting for ranking points to overtake El Salvador for the final spot and just eliminated an overall underwhelming La Selecta. We might not have made it at all which would have made it the biggest mist corrupt CONCACAFing we ever received.

Now here we are with this quality of team.

We should be playing for as many points as possible in the last window for both ranking points to improve our draw but also to try to keep a high standard.

Lots to clean up but just go one level at a time, enjoy everything, keep trying to improve and finish the job.

That was the best set of games in my near 25 years.

One smile doesn't express my happiness.

Did you see the penalty awarded to Mexico?  Scandalous. The Var mute toooooooo!!!!

21 minutes ago, jonovision said:

I don't know why people are inventing complicated explanations for why Atiba was onside. This is no different than any other situation where a player pots their own rebound. Whether the defensive player gets a touch is irrelevant.

He was onside when Larin played in the initial cross. Whatever happened from that point onwards, offside was not a consideration.

Give that penalty to Jamaica and then we talk Concacaf,   about Honduras and Jamaica having a free round, that pegged them back because they couldn't develope a team, Jamaica will built for the future but I said it before they need a south american coach badly.