We're going to Qatar.

clap-clap

We're going to Qatar

clap-clap

We're going to Qatar.

clap-clap

Now you have to believe us

🙂

I won’t believe it until Drake writes our ‘official’ World Cup song. 

😂😂😂

Let go Canada!  Let's not take away from our boys performance because it was an ugly game.  These are the ugly games that Canada was always losing.  We went to central American and beat two of the hardest teams to beat on the road!  And we did it in the same week!

Defense was a bit shaky at times but overall considering it was the first time this backline played together, we should be pleased.  Passing not the best tonight but a 3rd straight victory this window and a 3rd straight shutout!  Hard to believe we were hoping for 20 points before this qualifying round started and now were sitting on 25 with 3 games remaining.

Borjan - Did well coming off his line but was not called upon too often.  Made a great save late where he was almost caught out.  Distribution was fine considering a poor pitch.

Adekugbe - Did what was asked of him but definitely looked tired.  Put in a shift this break and one the best overall performances this week.

Kennedy - Shaky to start but somewhat settled throughout the game.  Missed a few passes but hard to hate on another shutout.

Henry - I know he makes everyone a bit nervous but I thought he was fairly solid until that late header almost led to a late goal.  The yellow card should never have been a yellow card and really wasn't his fault.

Laryea - I didn't think it was his best game but had a fantastic turn late in the game.

Osorio - I thought he was one of our better players in the first half.  Quiet but solid performance.

Atiba - Not sure what some of the hate was here.  I thought he was quite good.  Both him and Eustaquio didn't create a lot going forward and played behind the ball late but overall solid.  Goal was lucky but couldn't be happier it was him that gets credited.

Eustaquio - Didn't link up going forward as were used to and that giveaway that led to Henry yellow will stay on a lot of peoples mind.  However, I believe that was his only misplaced pass the entire first half.  Very tidy and again above 90% pass completion.

Millar - Had a bit of a rough start but I think he settled in just fine.  Unfortunately the terrible pitch did not help.

Hoilett - I thought he put in a pretty good shift as well.  Had some dangerous play in the first half but as usual, starts to slow down as the hour mark comes along.

David - Another fantastic performance.  Really stepped up once again this week.

Tajon - Not usual that we see two less than average performances in a row from Tajon but unfortunately not his best performance again.  Similar to Millar, pitch didn't help.

Larin - Another very solid performance off the bench.  Great to see him clicking playing alongside David up top.  Missed his header chance to score but was a play on the opening goal.  From muscling off his man, to holding his cross until Atiba arrived and then a pinpoint cross to finish.

Kaye - Not a lot of opportunity to show today but did fine in the short cameo.

ZBG - Just happy to see him see the field for Canada.  Big fan of his.

Edited by Corazon

43 minutes ago, maplebanana said:

WTF? That is an absurd, insulting take. Get outta here with that BS.

The guy was eating alive by the atmosphere.  Central America is difficult for some people to play.  Ask the bags of urine and the targets.  In which world are you living?   

It is part of snowflake generation well some people tell it like it is, as my friend Trevor Noah says " the context is everything". School boys like Millar are eating alive in some places, he didn't play vs a club in Switzerland.  They were thousands of policemen to protect you.  Didn't you see the final act?  Attendance was attacking the away bench!!!

Canada could tie (I won’t suggest the “other” less successful option - LOL) in CR who will be playing full out fighting for fourth; and if Panama beats Honduras which seems likely (game is in Panama), it would set up a situation where “technically” Canada will not have clinched third yet (26points to 20 points with two games left), and the game on the 27th against Jamaica (at home), would be the one to officially push Canada over the line.....it’s not out of the realm....(yes goal differential is way in our favour but “officially” we would not clinch third yet)....or Canada wins 2-0 in CR and that’s that....LOL....

Edited by Team Canada