WCQ: El Salvador vs Canada- Wed, Feb 2, 9pm EST / 6pm Pacific - San Salvador

3 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the temp for the US's game being played in Minnesota tonight is expected to be -16c and -30c with the wind chill.  I'm sure soft-ass Pulicic and the rest of his teammates will be as miserable as the Hondurans tonight!

I think they may have overthought this one.   :)

Yup  they sooooo badly want to be like Canada 🇨🇦 

53 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

I want to see this Canadian team earn every single point on their way to qualification, especially with a likely auto spot in 2026.

We don’t need to agree, YMMV.

Sure. Just an unnecessary risk imo. 

kinda surprised people how many are going the other way

4 minutes ago, Califax said:

Sure. Just an unnecessary risk imo. 

kinda surprised people how many are going the other way

Very few football fans look forward to the international break. We are so fortunate to have such a fun, vibrant team to get behind. We want to enjoy watching these guys as much and as often as possible!

Edited by InBorjanWeTrust

18 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the temp for the US's game being played in Minnesota tonight is expected to be -16c and -30c with the wind chill.  I'm sure soft-ass Pulicic and the rest of his teammates will be as miserable as the Hondurans tonight!

I think they may have overthought this one.   :)

Players both team might buy winter extra clothing from their own pockets.  Another scandal.  I need a balaclava a turtle sweater and some winter pants

7 minutes ago, InBorjanWeTrust said:

Very few football fans look forward to the international break. We are so fortunate to have such a fun, vibrant team to get behind. We want to enjoy watching these guys as much and as often as possible!

Oh I see where you’re coming from (And I won’t belabour the point any further because it’s moot) But if I knew we were going to get Max points and no injuries out of it, you could lock me in a steamer trunk for a whole fifa window. 

Just now, Califax said:

Oh I see where you’re coming from (And I won’t belabour the point any further because it’s moot) But if I knew we were going to get Max points and no injuries out of it, you could lock me in a steamer trunk for a whole fifa window. 

That's fair, I definitely respect that! after seeing how we rallied after losing Davies and Staqs this window. I'm not as worried about injuries (knocks on wood repeatedly) as I was two weeks ago. Herdman just seems to have this magic voodoo power!

21 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the temp for the US's game being played in Minnesota tonight is expected to be -16c and -30c with the wind chill. 

That's hitting cancellation territory. If they had any sense, they'd have reschedule it for this afternoon.

It would be really funny if the USA has to forfeit - it's not like Hamilton or Columbus, where such temperatures are frequent in the evening!

9 minutes ago, nfitz said:

That's hitting cancellation territory. If they had any sense, they'd have reschedule it for this afternoon.

It would be really funny if the USA has to forfeit - it's not like Hamilton or Columbus, where such temperatures are frequent in the evening!

It would have to be played tmrw maybe? Not sure, wouldn't be a forfeit if it was weather related I don't think? Even if they blatantly picked it somewhere cold. 

1 minute ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

I thought Canada was at 5pm PST and have cancelled everything else in life as a result.  I would love to watch the US & Honduras in the meantime but only have Paramount not Paramount+. 

I guess this is proof that I have not died and gone to heaven. Is this the type of stuff that annoys Germany supporters?

Lol. I was going to watch the other games as well and just found out that my OS subscription has expired.  Crazy that the don’t email to let you know that it is coming to an end (and that you may want to renew).  Seems like a really basic business practice.  I had a moment of panic until I remembered that I can just turn on Sportsnet for the big one.   That gives me time to consider whether I want to re-up with OS or take the plunge with Fubo for the extra content (at basically the same price I think).  

7 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Lol. I was going to watch the other games as well and just found out that my OS subscription has expired.  Crazy that the don’t email to let you know that it is coming to an end (and that you may want to renew).  Seems like a really basic business practice.  I had a moment of panic until I remembered that I can just turn on Sportsnet for the big one.   That gives me time to consider whether I want to re-up with OS or take the plunge with Fubo for the extra content (at basically the same price I think).  

OneSoccer must be the only subscription business in the country that doesn’t just automatically re-bill you at the ‘regular / non-discounted’ rate… something morally good about that.  But yes, annoying that they don’t email you to let you know.

19 minutes ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

I thought Canada was at 5pm PST and have cancelled everything else in life as a result.  I would love to watch the US & Honduras in the meantime but only have Paramount not Paramount+. 

I guess this is proof that I have not died and gone to heaven. Is this the type of stuff that annoys Germany supporters?

US game is on Fox Sports 1

17 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Barring any injuries or fatigue, this is what I would go with tonight. Go and get an early goal or two then rest David and Larin in 2nd half. Actually lets light up El Salvador and let everything else fall into place. 

100% what I'm hoping to see with Ugbo subbing in for David early in game.