WCQ: El Salvador vs Canada- Wed, Feb 2, 9pm EST / 6pm Pacific - San Salvador

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

I know we all were happy to exorcise some demons in Honduras, but I really hope Cyle Larin gets a chance to exorcise his own personal demons of missing against El Salvador. I know that miss probably haunts us as fans more than it haunts him, but I'd still love to see it.

The one in the GC or the header off the crossbar in ES  2018 WCQ which would have moved us to the hex?

Is this a thing?

For those without translation: 

Alex Roldan, player of the El Salvador national team, published on his Instagram a letter informing that the Salvadoran national team will not take the field against #CanMNT today. They are demanding compliance with agreements from the president of the country's football federation.

2 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Is this a thing?

For those without translation: 

Alex Roldan, player of the El Salvador national team, published on his Instagram a letter informing that the Salvadoran national team will not take the field against #CanMNT today. They are demanding compliance with agreements from the president of the country's football federation.

WTF?!

10 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

We win one game in central America and we forget… it's this kind of hype train bullshit that makes #USMNT twitter awful (and hilarious).

Respect our god damn opponents.

The best sign I saw last game was "Sorry Not Sorry".

I can't wait till we get to Qatar and see all the respect you'll be giving our opponents.

Because I'm saying we are going to win this game doesn't mean I'm disrespecting our God dam opponents. I'm sure they are reading everything we are saying here.

Back to my first line.

Just now, cornerkick said:

Has this happened before in qualifiers?  Surely the domestic El Sal sponsors and media were not expecting this either…

Pretty sure this happened the last time we played in El Salvador lol

Between this, that and the match fixing thing its a fucking adventure playing these guys.

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Maybe they are CONCACAFing? Not saying the money issue is not real, but to put this out hours before the match is curious timing....

They could be concafing their own federation giving them no time to act and by forfeiting the match, the fa would lose loads of money because of it. (tv rights, sponsors, etc.)

Edited by Canadamnt
typo

5 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Plus, it would give the fans in El Salvador a chance to see some top quality football live for a change.

Oh snap! 😄

Just now, footballfreak said:

Real talk. They will play. If they don’t they likely forfeit any chance at 2026. FIFA has done it before to teams that drop out of qualifying.

I think so too, but it may affect their game.  And who knows how their supporters will greet them.  This may be more interesting than whatever happens in -20 Minnesota.