WCQ: El Salvador vs Canada- Wed, Feb 2, 9pm EST / 6pm Pacific - San Salvador

I think our star players have to start this one in hopefully get a goal or two by half:  David, Larin, Buchanon, Staq and Hutch

Millar deserves a start and is fresh. Bring in Ugbo earlier for David or Larin if we have a lead. Other subs can be Hoilett, Johnston, Osorio, and maybe Guti for Adekubge because he's logged a lot of minutes. Or Cornelius for Henry if he gets a yellow.

lineup.png.87514ab2563330ff295bb9f45b95e0c7.png

Ok this im gonna tell you in my mother tongue which isn't french-italian accent in Spanish. 

Hermanos de La Canadá , en el caso que ustedes hoy mismo califiquen para Qatar, Hagan ruido con las bocinas de los autos, salgan con las banderas, los niños y los colores patrios, es una noche para festejar.  Luego de 35 años de espera, es un hito deportivo.  Sino será en Marzo, pero ....hagan ruido!!!  Bocinas, cornetas, bombos y cantar bien fuerte.  

Good luck!!

My 11 (right to left, back to front).

Borjan

Johnston - Henry - Kennedy - Adekugbe

Laryea - Hutchinson - Eustaquio - Buchanan

David - Larin

I could easily lay these out in a different formation, but these are the players I expect to see. Maybe Miller instead of Kennedy. Maybe Hoilett instead of David or Larin. I do expect Buchanan to play despite back to back 90s. I also expect everyone who hasn't seen the pitch yet, except for the other keepers and maybe ZBG, to make an appearance, especially if we get up by more than 1.

15 minutes ago, canadianbacons said:

I think our star players have to start this one in hopefully get a goal or two by half:  David, Larin, Buchanon, Staq and Hutch

Millar deserves a start and is fresh. Bring in Ugbo earlier for David or Larin if we have a lead. Other subs can be Hoilett, Johnston, Osorio, and maybe Guti for Adekubge because he's logged a lot of minutes. Or Cornelius for Henry if he gets a yellow.

lineup.png.87514ab2563330ff295bb9f45b95e0c7.png

This is the most likely line up in my opinion. Wouldn't be surprised if this were spot on. Good work.

• Back 4 is probable (as @archer21 pointed out earlier)
  • Millar is due a start
  • Hutchinson and Eustaquio are fresh
  • Kennedy over Cornelius, but if it's the latter I am fine with it. He paired Henry away in Jamaica if I am not mistaken

10 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

My XI (4-4-2)

GK- Borjan

LB- Adekugbe

CB- Henry

CB- Kennedy

RB- ZBG

LM- Millar

CDM- Hutchinson (c)

CDM- Eustaquio 

RM- Laryea

CF- Larin

CF- David

I think this is very probable. I would not be surprised to see ZBG start to let Laryea cover for Buchanan, who's surely expelled a lot of energy the past 2 games. 

I don't think we're clinching tonight, and I don't want to jinx the whole thing but... I always picture it happening on the last day, at the last possible moment, and the tears would start gushing uncontrollably, possibly a pitch invasion, and probably some time spent in jail afterwards. 

Don't get me wrong, there have been small cries along the way. I just never anticipated in all the possible problems for the CMNT that we would be too good, too prepared, too clinical, and just clinch this thing too early. Now we're playing for World Cup seeding:

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

5 hours ago, Metro said:

I THINK he said Canada "can play with" anyone in South America, which would make the subsequent reaction hilarious.

I was watching the end of Peru-Ecuador last night. Maybe I’ve drunken the kool-aid, but I wasn’t afraid of playing either of them in a World Cup game.

3 hours ago, frattinator said:

It might just be because I'm a natural worrier, but to me this game has all the hallmarks of a trap game. We come off a huge high with a intense home win against our closest rivals, traveling to central america to face a team that is on paper much worse than us and is playing for their qualifying lives. I can see if we don't get an early goal, frustration could set in and bad things would happen. 

Hopefully Herdman has the boys blocking out all the noise and not go to places they haven't been yet (classic Nick Nurse saying during the 19 Raptors run). 

For this reason I think we may see more squad rotation than usual. Get the guys in who are not only fresh, but hungry to prove they deserve a spot on the World Cup roster. Have them provide the spark to make sure the mainstays are switched on.

Most or all of Kennedy, Henry, Millar, Hoilett, Oso, Eustaquio, Hutchinson all probably slot in. Maybe Ugbo or Cav if Larin/David are gassed. Buchanan had an absolute battle against Dest and has played 180 hard minutes so far. Good chance we use him as a super sub.

25 minutes ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

I don't think we're clinching tonight, and I don't want to jinx the whole thing but... I always picture it happening on the last day, at the last possible moment, and the tears would start gushing uncontrollably, possibly a pitch invasion, and probably some time spent in jail afterwards. 

Don't get me wrong, there have been small cries along the way. I just never anticipated in all the possible problems for the CMNT that we would be too good, too prepared, too clinical, and just clinch this thing too early. Now we're playing for World Cup seeding:

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

+1 for the small cries along the way

I can't believe there are some here still worried about tonight's game, they are still in the hunt for 4th place blah blah blah ( I am sure nobody on that team thinks they are going to Qatar). Since even before the Otto started people were afraid of Bermuda, Suriname, Haiti blah blah blah. El Salvador is where they are because that's where they belong. We are leading the fucking group after 10 games ready to go to the W/C,  getting in Pot3, getting into the next round and here we are worried about El f@#$%^& Salvador. I already posted the score. TUTUVM.

2 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

I can't believe there are some here still worried about tonight's game, they are still in the hunt for 4th place blah blah blah ( I am sure nobody on that team thinks they are going to Qatar). Since even before the Otto started people were afraid of Bermuda, Suriname, Haiti blah blah blah. El Salvador is where they are because that's where they belong. We are leading the fucking group after 10 games ready to go to the W/C,  getting in Pot3, getting into the next round and here we are worried about El f@#$%^& Salvador. I already posted the score. TUTUVM.

We win one game in central America and we forget… it's this kind of hype train bullshit that makes #USMNT twitter awful (and hilarious).

Respect our god damn opponents.