WCQ: El Salvador vs Canada- Wed, Feb 2, 9pm EST / 6pm Pacific - San Salvador

If we win tonight and other results go our way such as: 

Honduras beating the USA away in the USA

Jamaica beating Costa Rica 

Mexico beating Panama 

If all 3 of these scenarios happen plus us Canadians beating El Salvador away on the road in El Salvador, then we can officially book our tickets to Qatar

Excited for tonight but also pulling for Honduras, Jamaica and Mexico specifically 

Off topic but... I know we keep spotting him... is that Cristian Campagna in the bottom right of that photo behind Johnston? Saw him in the locker room of that victory picture as well. Does he have a parent or relative that is ultra connected or something? lol. 

Ever since the Gold Cup he just seems to be at all these camps, including travelling with the team. I just find it curious lol. 

4 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Off topic but... I know we keep spotting him... is that Cristian Campagna in the bottom right of that photo behind Johnston? Saw him in the locker room of that victory picture as well. Does he have a parent or relative that is ultra connected or something? lol. 

Ever since the Gold Cup he just seems to be at all these camps, including travelling with the team. I just find it curious lol. 

I'm convinced he's Herdman's adopted son.

Is he even playing professionally anywhere?

Just now, narduch said:

That's the thing. He plays as a CB, a position of need for the program. He can't crack our squad, hasn't signed with a team (I think) but gets to travel all over with the team. Maybe he is going the coaching route? I have no idea. It is so strange lol. 

I wish Herdman would pack out the squad with more midfielders and if this guy is travelling, it can't be about saving $$$ lol. 

13 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

That's the thing. He plays as a CB, a position of need for the program. He can't crack our squad, hasn't signed with a team (I think) but gets to travel all over with the team. Maybe he is going the coaching route? I have no idea. It is so strange lol. 

I wish Herdman would pack out the squad with more midfielders and if this guy is travelling, it can't be about saving $$$ lol. 

I'm pretty sure if he had a club someone on this site would have posted it.

25 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

The coaching route is my guess too. I think it's something Herdman would sympathize with but it's clear that he's also training with the team from videos etc.

Very curious. Surprised no one in media has asked.

Just now, Califax said:

Is it wrong that I'd rather do it at home? 

I mean, I'll take it anywhere but what a luxury to be that greedy. 

Yes, it would be such a party but I want it done now.

If they get one or two points in the next two matches, everything gets stressful again.

Let's just qualify and then celebrate during the Jamaica game

4 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

Yes, it would be such a party but I want it done now.

If they get one or two points in the next two matches, everything gets stressful again.

Let's just qualify and then celebrate during the Jamaica game

I do not anyone wants that type of stress three games from now. Let them punch their ticket and make the Jamaica game one heck of a party. Simple as that. 

9 minutes ago, Califax said:

Is it wrong that I'd rather do it at home? 

I mean, I'll take it anywhere but what a luxury to be that greedy. 

I am similarly greedy but moreso just want to go in through the front door - something like losing in Costa Rica and then qualifying on other results seems a bit less fun.  

Bit wild considering last qualifying cycle I was excited that we only lost 2-0 away to Mexico with like 18% possession and now I'm nitpicking over the best way to qualify...

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

If we win tonight and other results go our way such as: 

Honduras beating the USA away in the USA

Jamaica beating Costa Rica 

Mexico beating Panama 

If all 3 of these scenarios happen plus us Canadians beating El Salvador away on the road in El Salvador, then we can officially book our tickets to Qatar

Excited for tonight but also pulling for Honduras, Jamaica and Mexico specifically 

I feel like the only way Honduras could lose to the US would be playing in slippery minus 20 conditions where literally anything could happen.   What were they thinking?

49 minutes ago, narduch said:

Strange that he shows up at every Canada game.  He played his Freshman year at Albany in the spring of 2021 (the delayed 2020 fall season) he was not on the roster for the 2021 fall season, is not playing club soccer anywhere, maybe he is an intern with the CSA.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM