WCQ: Canada vs USA - Sunday, Jan 30, 3pm EST / noon Pacific - Hamilton

28 minutes ago, gigi riva said:

The only people I see not cheering for us would be Canadian Consevatives AKA Wanna be Americans

I think it was yout national treasure irish-canadian Martin Short who isn't a conservative at all....and  joked around with Steve Martin about how Canada changed the last 30/ 40 years .... Steve Martin says on the video something like " I don't know what happened between us we were a marriage, we use to be like brothers and sisters we were so alike .".. Jokingly.... And Short goes with  a deadpan delivery "we just became more European ".   I always say that you gave to the world  world-class comedians your production is endless.

I drove from Ottawa to the Niagara region today, and it wasn’t too much of a detour to stop at Tim Hortons Field to check out logistics for tomorrow.

Along the way, was a bit surreal to see literally hundreds of cars flying Canadian flags. But of course they weren’t going to the match, they were headed in the opposite direction, to Ottawa for the protest.

I got to the stadium at 3pm, exactly 24 hours before kickoff. It was a beautiful, sunny afternoon- perfect for soccer in Hamilton in January. From what I could see if the pitch, it looked perfect. And I believe there will be a few pitch-side snowbanks available to jump into during goal celebrations.

There is very limited parking on streets near the stadium, but there really isn’t a lot of big snowbanks on the streets - at least by Ottawa standards. There are no time restrictions for street parking on Sundays.

Behind closed doors, there’s lots of merch ready to be sold, especially with numbers 19 and 20.

We’re all Canadians, so I don’t really need to say this, but don’t skimp on the clothing tomorrow - bring and wear all the cold-weather gear you own.

See you there tomorrow. It’s going to be epic.

1D8A3979-F042-4F97-9096-275DC7D8ABCD.jpeg

07412B88-205E-4A01-80F9-5E81B7EEE61A.jpeg

EA379E3D-EC40-4276-8EDF-6F307F042D5E.jpeg

E5D1EA6F-BE5C-4E54-86B5-0A8F56E2F20A.jpeg

1 hour ago, narduch said:

The thing about the extreme cold is that the USA just played in Columbus, and we're coming from Honduras.  I don't think it is so useful to us.  In the last window, Mexico were coming from a warm climate and we were waiting for them having just played in the cold.  This time, we're coming from a warm climate and the USA are waiting for us having just polayed in the cold.  

Edited by RJB