WCQ: Canada vs USA - Sunday, Jan 30, 3pm EST / noon Pacific - Hamilton

24 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

Canada does recognize a previous Covid positive test as an exemption to the "fully vaccinated" requirement, but only for 90 days.

I was basing my original comment on my travel there in the fall.  But I just went back and tried to confirm that info a moment ago and this is what I found.

Canada eliminated that exemption on January 15th. 

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/fully-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada-covid-19.html

(Sorry Al, I'm just trying to clarify the Timothy Weah issue)

5 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

I was basing my original comment on my travel there in the fall.  But I just went back and tried to confirm that info a moment ago and this is what I found.

Canada eliminated that exemption on January 15th. 

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/fully-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada-covid-19.html

(Sorry Al, I'm just trying to clarify the Timothy Weah issue)

I don’t mind some general discussion.  I just don’t want it to deteriorate into something more.

7 minutes ago, Vasi said:

Any updates on Staq???

When is Herdman's presser?

Hope we get some info. I'm hoping there is  video of him walking off the plane with some Eye of the Tiger music..lol

In waiting for the hype video with the drone flyover of Tim Hortons Field 

I don't think it changes the tactics a whole lot. Even with Eustaquio (and surely he was never being considered for 90 minutes) you'd have to think Canada would be looking to concede the midfield to the US and hit on the counter. The bigger issue is the health and fitness of the other midfield options. Was Kaye really being held out in Honduras for yellow card reasons only? Is there a chance Piette could play a role? Will Osorio and Kaye and Fraser have the stamina for 90 minutes? Could Hutch play a role?

Not ideal, but Canada has had a lot of success in the Ocho, lots of coming from bypassing the midfield. I think in what will likely be a low scoring, cagey game, where Eustaquio will be missed most is his set piece delivery.

4 minutes ago, Ally McCoist said:

Eustaquio confirmed to not be coming. Look at the comment he just made on canadasoccer's instagram page on the post with Borjan's save. Two emojis signalling he's not coming.

Thats not what those emjois mean lol

its a play on the csa emojis used in the original post of borjans save

im not saying hes coming, but those emojis dont confirm him to be not coming

Edited by king1010

2 minutes ago, jonovision said:

I don't think it changes the tactics a whole lot. Even with Eustaquio (and surely he was never being considered for 90 minutes) you'd have to think Canada would be looking to concede the midfield to the US and hit on the counter. The bigger issue is the health and fitness of the other midfield options. Was Kaye really being held out in Honduras for yellow card reasons only? Is there a chance Piette could play a role? Will Osorio and Kaye and Fraser have the stamina for 90 minutes? Could Hutch play a role?

Not ideal, but Canada has had a lot of success in the Ocho, lots of coming from bypassing the midfield. I think in what will likely be a low scoring, cagey game, where Eustaquio will be missed most is his set piece delivery.

Kind of think we need to plug up the midfield, then.  I get the impression Kaye is ready to go, and I imagine one of Oso or Fraser will start.  We'll need to be very disciplined in the middle of the pitch. McKennie has been the only really good thing going for the US these past few games. 

Should be an interesting battle.  I'd say we are slight underdogs here, a position our guys will relish.

29 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Thats not what those emjois mean lol

its a play on the csa emojis used in the original post of borjans save

im not saying hes coming, but those emojis dont confirm him to be not coming

Dont wanna pitch the fire more, but the first emoji is what this guy said. And the second is more used for being impressed by something

41 minutes ago, Ally McCoist said:

Eustaquio confirmed to not be coming. Look at the comment he just made on canadasoccer's instagram page on the post with Borjan's save. Two emojis signalling he's not coming.

The stop emoji is also on Canada soccer’s comment on their own post above that. The two emojis could also be read as “cold stop”.  My brother  and I play emoji guessing games all the time and if you type in cold and stop you get variations of this. You might be right — I’m just saying other interpretations are plausible. 

Edited by shorty