WCQ: Canada vs USA - Sunday, Jan 30, 3pm EST / noon Pacific - Hamilton

A lot of American pundits are likening our team to the US sides of 2010-2014. Which honestly I really agree with. That team was fun to watch, had real team spirit and were all fighters.

If we can pull out performances like the onces by the US in the 2010 and 2014 WCs I'd be very happy.

And really our top end talent is even better than what the US was working with.

29 minutes ago, sstackho said:

I'm a bit delayed, but watching the full replay now. 

Re the US bicycle kick by Arriola (#7) in the 87th minute.  It was onside.

image.png.7b33ea67375a2a8e26b08830714289d2.png

I noticed it was onside last night too. That would have been an incredible goal.

37 minutes ago, sstackho said:

Yeah, noticed that on rewatch too. Wasn't as close to goal as I originally though either.

What I would have liked to see from another angle was Adekugbe's attempt from the Hoilett run about 5 minutes before he scored. That one didn't seem to miss by much.

3 hours ago, sstackho said:

I could watch the man drive his head into the frozen pitch 100 times more and not get tired of it.  Was sure when he finally got to his feet at least one of his eyeballs had popped out of his head.

Hey, the ladies at the pub were laughing too!  It's not just me.

Was looking at the Sportsnet summary on Youtube, and look at the lineups when the come up: full of basic spelling errors, three or four on national team player names. What a lazy bunch of pricks, they can all go to hell. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4fwdJoZZqk

Look at around 1:30...I really don't feel like linking to Canadian sport journalists who care so little and are just insulting.

5 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Was looking at the Sportsnet summary on Youtube, and look at the lineups when the come up: full of basic spelling errors, three or four on national team player names. What a lazy bunch of pricks, they can all go to hell. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4fwdJoZZqk

Look at around 1:30...I really don't feel like linking to Canadian sport journalists who care so little and are just insulting.

Thats One Soccer making the errors.

They had Weah listed in the bench and he wasn't even in the country 

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Then equally disgusting. How can they be so low IQ and careless? 

Isn't an American in charge of content at OS?

They are notoriously bad.

This wasn't the first game either. 

In the Honduras game the Canada line up was all wrong in the pre game show

2 hours ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

What a plank.

Something completely unrelated:  You can see clearly at 00:12 of this video is that it just says, "STATES" in capital letters on Beerholder's t-shirt.  I've seen that on their jackets and other crap too, and it's asinine.  Who else would do that?

Let's all be "cool" like America and lop off the beginning of our countries' names.  We could be "ADA," and seven other countries could be called just "STAN."  It's too bad no countries' names end in 'bob' or 'larry.'

4 hours ago, vancanman said:

What a plank.

Something completely unrelated:  You can see clearly at 00:12 of this video is that it just says, "STATES" in capital letters on Beerholder's t-shirt.  I've seen that on their jackets and other crap too, and it's asinine.  Who else would do that?

Let's all be "cool" like America and lop off the beginning of our countries' names.  We could be "ADA," and seven other countries could be called just "STAN."  It's too bad no countries' names end in 'bob' or 'larry.'

Best example of this are the new New Jersey Devils third jerseys that just say "Jersey".  They made a ball cap to go along with it that says "Hat".