WCQ: Canada vs USA - Sunday, Jan 30, 3pm EST / noon Pacific - Hamilton

From Canada's 5-1 victory over the US at Varsity Stadium in 1957. The US took the lead with a penalty in the 25th minute. 18-year old Normie McLeod from Vancouver would equalize in the 32nd minute. Striker Brian Philley would put Canada ahead 2-1 in the 35th. Art Hughes would contribute with a brace and the game would eventually finish with a dominant Canada win. 

272744914_2744789825830283_4226592237168286827_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_eui2=AeGDxAlPm34IOh5_npvLOPeikBnPl7WU5bKQGc-XtZTlsn4s2ntfDaF4M5u_Y1RjhXU&_nc_ohc=rs3wpUJnGfMAX9jA2x5&tn=0KLH90L3tyT2FwIo&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=00_AT8RLPcCZhF8VUxzpm3zeMgniKhJ8QsqkkrjA4VXDiF8bw&oe=61FB5BC1

10 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

I'm talking on behalf of my Spanish language background from having friends and family in Spain and Uruguay.  And one thing made my generation and older people like you Canadians is the cultural gift you gave to the world: comedians.  

Movies are a cultural net.  When you check, that guy is Canadian, that other funny actor is Canadian.  The list is endless.  UNESCO should name your canadian comedians humanity's cultural heritage. 

Leslie Nielsen, Aykroyd, Candy, Moranis, Hartman, Short, Fox, Carrey, Myers, N MacDonald, the kids in the hall troupe, Chong, Perry, OHara, Fraser,  Michaels, Levy, Diamantoupoulos, Gagnon,  Arnett, Green, Rogen, Cera, Baruchel, Sasso,  Reynolds and many more    it is not a coincidence.   

The Spanish speaking world that I belong think of Canada as a big factory of comedy genius.  And the idea of bringing joy and laughs to this world so unfair so unequal it is a humanity cultural action.  

You may not have idea or havent stopped to think about it, but what all this crafted comedy-vaudeville-burlesque  people did for your country as cultural ambassadors is immense.

Where is Russell Peters? You don't count brown guys?  Rick Mercer?  Levy Jr.  When its cold there's not much else to do. i hope Rick is at the show interviewing Americans.

25 minutes ago, Dag Nasty said:

Where is Russell Peters? You don't count brown guys?  Rick Mercer?  Levy Jr.  When its cold there's not much else to do. i hope Rick is at the show interviewing Americans.

I don't know any of those.  Mostly Chile Uruguay Paraguay Argentina we know those Canadian comedians.  Some aren't around any more but the laughter still remains

28 minutes ago, Dag Nasty said:

Where is Russell Peters? You don't count brown guys?  Rick Mercer?  Levy Jr.  When its cold there's not much else to do. i hope Rick is at the showCarre interviewing Americans.

In Southamerica Jim Carrey  Martin Short Danny Aykroyd  Michael Myers  Moranis,  the funnyman from Friends  and Michael J Fox are the most famous,  besides the lates Nielsen Hartman Candy and Norm.

15 hours ago, red card said:

Actually, Concacaf WCQ aren't shown in a lot of countries. 

Less than 20 for USA/Canada with most in South America. Turkey & Denmark are biggest UEFA nations showing it. Americans in UK are frustrated no one is showing it there.

Though, if you have bet365, you can see it anywhere.

Aaahhh thx for the info. For most CONCACAF games could definitely see that.

I'm surprised none of the broadcasters are picking up this one with the time slot.

I am really looking forward to this match, so much has happened since we got the scoop that this match will be played in The Hammer but here we are, game day! I hope we can put together some good midfield play whoever JH picks, I think that will be key to the game and how out of season defenders handle this! A win today and we are surely going to Qatar, let's enjoy this!