WCQ: Canada vs USA - Sunday, Jan 30, 3pm EST / noon Pacific - Hamilton

5 minutes ago, Cblake said:

What meets the requirements of France and not Canada? Weird if you ask me. 

Brie, it turns out, is not an approved COVID vaccine in Canada. Go figure.

(Most pundits figured Weah was not starting this game anyways. Likely to see Aronson instead.)

Edited by The Beaver 2.0

When you consider that part of coming here is lying to the government and telling them you’ll quarantine at the hotel if you develop a sore throat (or other symptoms) and wait for a test result that isn’t required to get back to the US (by land), then maybe the requirements are bit ridiculous.

I have a hard time believing someone who tests negative before coming, has had Covid, will be in a bubble while there, and is fully vaccinated according to France is a danger to Canadian citizens.

But whatever. Such is life in 2022. Game on.

Edited by afurry91

2 minutes ago, afurry91 said:

When you consider that part of coming to Canada is lying to the government and telling them you’ll quarantine at the hotel if you develop a sore throat and wait for a test result that isn’t required to get back to the US (by land), then maybe the requirements are bit ridiculous.

I have a hard time believing someone who tests negative before coming, has had Covid, will be in a bubble while there, and is fully vaccinated according to France is a danger to Canadian citizens.

But whatever. Such is life in 2022.

If only he'd had more time to get both vaccinations.  But as you know, they only came out in France a month ago and he just couldn't fit them in to his schedule, as it was filled with appearances at local charities and orphanages.....

I think the more impressive part of this whole narrative is that USSF only "found out" two days ago. Surely they would've known about this for a while and been able to get on top of it? Whether you agree with them or not it's not as though these rules haven't been in place now for some time

2 minutes ago, AvroArrow said:

If only he'd had more time to get both vaccinations.  But as you know, they only came out in France a month ago and he just couldn't fit them in to his schedule, as it was filled with appearances at local charities and orphanages.....

You're really reaching here to make him sound like an Anti-Vaxxer. A 2nd dose wasn't required in France due to his Covid infection. According to France (where he earns his living) he is Fully Vacinated