How to get to Hamilton - Please help here.

Admin

Alright, here you go! Obviously not 100% complete but we'll work on finishing that off (jobs and life and stuff) and this should give people the bulk of what they need to know. See you all Sunday!!!! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z1rB4zKpceA1_x47zAekNcTC8mGQrKXPme03VlqSB3s/edit?usp=sharing

1 minute ago, natasha_bd said:

Alright, here you go! Obviously not 100% complete but we'll work on finishing that off (jobs and life and stuff) and this should give people the bulk of what they need to know. See you all Sunday!!!! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z1rB4zKpceA1_x47zAekNcTC8mGQrKXPme03VlqSB3s/edit?usp=sharing

Amazing work Natasha.  Really appreciate the effort!

25 minutes ago, natasha_bd said:

Thanks for doing this natasha, that is very comprehensive and answers any questions posters may have! 👍

My suggestion from personal experience.   Always select that commuting or travel options with the fewest transfers or transfer points.  That's what kills time and adds to frustration and costs.   And I would apply this to city commutes as well as long distance travel by air or train.   In other words, its better to wait an extra 15-30 mins in order to take a the travel option that has less transfer points than the alternative. This is especially true if you are going to some place you are unfamiliar with.  Equally,  its better to pay 400 bucks more for a direct flight than have to make a stop over.   You will always regret taking the option with the stop overs and transfer points.

Good Job guys for putting that together!!!!

Edited by Free kick

Anyone going to start a thread on a tailgate party before the game? I'm aiming to be there a few hours before the game(in a group of 6). I know another 12 are coming from London. Is there a parking lot where we can kind of set up? All bars will be closed so maybe we could set up a bbq? Could take up a collection to pay for everything, just need someone from Hamilton area to organize.

For the proof of vaccination check to get in the stadium do I need to bring printed documentation with me along with my ID, I haven’t travelled outside of Alberta since QR Code vaccine checks became the norm so I’m not familiar with the process that’s been put in place for out of province travellers. 

I’m not sure where else to ask this and I’ve done a very basic search online and couldn’t quite find an answer. Sorry if this is the wrong spot to ask. 

1 minute ago, CofR said:

For the proof of vaccination check to get in the stadium do I need to bring printed documentation with me along with my ID, I haven’t travelled outside of Alberta since QR Code vaccine checks became the norm so I’m not familiar with the process that’s been put in place for out of province travellers. 

I’m not sure where else to ask this and I’ve done a very basic search online and couldn’t quite find an answer. Sorry if this is the wrong spot to ask. 

I'd advise bringing a hard copy just in case. I took an out of province friend to a Raptors game and they weren't sure what to do with a different QR code but were fine with the hard copy

4 minutes ago, CofR said:

I have yet to go somewhere where the QR code was actually used.  Might be different in Hamilton, but my experience is the ticket takers looking for the dates of Vax on the PDF, rather than scanning.

7 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Interestingly,  i used my QR codes from from vax taken in Ontario while i was in Quebec many times.  Each time they scan the code, my name pops up on their machine, meaning that interprovincial codes are recognized.  At least,  thats the case Quebec.

Yes...that worked for my wife and I as well in October when we went to a Forge game in Halifax.

35 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Interestingly,  i used my QR codes from from vax taken in Ontario while i was in Quebec many times.  Each time they scan the code, my name pops up on their machine, meaning that interprovincial codes are recognized.  At least,  thats the case Quebec.

Correct, this also happened for me when I was in Edmonton.

There's a guy on Facebook organizing a bus with an east-end and downtown Toronto pickup. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2695470268/permalink/10159403836270269/

We have 25 seats (sstackho edit: around 15 now) open for a "limo" bus with 2 kegs on it for 40.00 per. Leaving from Greenwood and Danforth @ 10:30 picking up at Maple Leafe Square @ 11:15 . We are looking into food options either from the pub where we are leaving or pizza delivery to the bus TBD, first we gotta fill the bus. If you are interested please text me directly I will create a list.

Edited by sstackho

On 1/26/2022 at 12:38 PM, natasha_bd said:

This is very helpful.

image.png.364b9deb684d0f776a50e79ef3ff2a26.png

Can anyone here from Hamilton confirm if any of the municipal parking lots in the screenshot below should work for parking on Sunday? The Google Doc above says it should be doable. Just wanted to make sure I'm not going to get screwed by driving into the city and struggling to find parking on gameday (first time I'm coming in to watch our boys live!).

image.thumb.png.8bceb262212ca07444c1b6fc4b9a9a54.png

Quick question - for the "smallish" lot on Chapple just North of Barton - is that a separate lot from the lot that appears to be off of Gage just North of Lloyd (the Ticats website seems to indicate a large lot off of Gage just North of Lloyd and not the Chapple one). Just trying to figure out whether there is one lot here or two separate lots that might be available.   Any idea of the time frame to be there, in order to get a spot in this location?

Thanks in advance -- sorry for all the parking questions !

My Hotel is not far from the Go Centre on Main St. Google Maps says its a 33 minute walk to THF. That is my preferred way of getting around towns and get some steps in. 

What is this neighbourhood like to walk to and from the Stadium? Is it safe after dark? 

Edited by Vancouver Fan

25 minutes ago, Vancouver Fan said:

My Hotel is not far from the Go Centre on Main St. Google Maps says its a 33 minute walk. That is my preferred way of getting around towns and get some steps in. 

What is this neighbourhood like to walk to and from the Stadium? Is it safe after dark? 

A little grungy, but safe. Though I guess that depends on your tolerance. Think East Broadway and Commercial Drive area.

Edited by Cicero

2 hours ago, Team Canada said:

Quick question - for the "smallish" lot on Chapple just North of Barton - is that a separate lot from the lot that appears to be off of Gage just North of Lloyd (the Ticats website seems to indicate a large lot off of Gage just North of Lloyd and not the Chapple one). Just trying to figure out whether there is one lot here or two separate lots that might be available.   Any idea of the time frame to be there, in order to get a spot in this location?

Thanks in advance -- sorry for all the parking questions !

The parking lot on the Ticats site has entrances at the end of Chapple, and off Gage. I don't know if it's going to be open for the game. It was open for Forge and Ticats games, so I suspect it will be. For Forge games this year, you could only enter on Chapple. 

45 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The parking lot on the Ticats site has entrances at the end of Chapple, and off Gage. I don't know if it's going to be open for the game. It was open for Forge and Ticats games, so I suspect it will be. For Forge games this year, you could only enter on Chapple. 

Thanks --- is it also a "public" lot behind the Drugstore and FreshCo? (just North of Barton and off Chapple)