How to get to Hamilton - Please help here.

Admin

Can someone write a summary of all the ways people can get to Hamilton on a Sunday. 

From downtown Toronto
From Pearson
From the Asylum

SPECIFIC QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ANSWERED IN DETAIL. 
This means bus numbers, line name, stops, ect.  Not a 'just do this' answer.

We need to know if such things are running or not, and you can't guess. You need to go and find out the answer.

Train to Hamilton
Train - Union -> Aldershot + bus
Train - Union -> Hamilton
Train - Eastbound -> Hamilton

But to Hamilton
Bus - Union -> Hamilton
Bus - Pearson -> Hamilton
Bus - other locations -> Hamilton 

In Hamilton
Available car ride services in Hamilton.
Taxi Phone numbers
Bus -  Downtown Hamilton -> THF
Walking distances -> Go Stations, bus and train -> THF

16 minutes ago, zeelaw said:

Set up flags > Park Beers > Church for Prayers > 2hr line up to get back in.

Not sure what they are going to do for opening the gates with 50%

Usually the bus arrives before the gates open.

Set up flags > Park Beers > not a tail gate party bus arrival party > cruise in cause normies don't get there early

3 minutes ago, admin said:

Not sure what they are going to do for opening the gates with 50% and no concessions.

Usually the bus arrives before the gates open.

Set up flags > Park Beers > not a tail gate party bus arrival party > cruise in cause normies don't get there early

Is no concessions confirmed?

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Good places to park near the stadium may be helpful 

Renting out driveways is a secondary business for most people in the neighbourhood, so you'll find lots of houses with parking spots around the stadium. Just north of Barton several of the parking lots beside FreshCo are pay parking during events. For Forge games, they rent out parking spaces in the lot of the demolished industrial building at the end of Chapple Street. Aside from the lot right beside the stadium at King George Public School (former), there isn't much official parking. It's not a problem for Forge games. Ticats fans might have some other suggestions.

Edited by Cicero

When you arrive in Hamilton at either West Harbour GO station or Hamilton GO Center public transit is close by, the #2 Barton is your best option from either station, it terminates at the Hamilton GO Center, from West Harbour you have to walk 4 or 5 blocks along Barton west towards John St. to catch it, get off at Melrose, you will see the stadium

https://www.hamilton.ca/sites/default/files/media/browser/2021-12-23/route-2-barton-winter2021.pdf

To keep your bearings when you look towards the escarpment that is South hence to go East to the stadium you head left The walk from West Harbour or Hamilton GO Center is about 4K to THF! 

If you are driving I suggest you take QEW Niagara over the Burlington Skyway and exit at Nikola Tesla Blvd and Head West to Gage Avenue!

1 minute ago, Califax said:

Enough of this small stuff. Where do we procure these famous Hamilton fire barrels? 

Since the stadium is close to the industrial north end of the city we just can check out behind factories and warehouses, there are always lots of empty barrels around, sometimes there may be a bit of chemical residue in them but that is no big deal and may aid in igniting the fire!

4 minutes ago, gator said:

Since the stadium is close to the industrial north end of the city we just can check out behind factories and warehouses, there are always lots of empty barrels around, sometimes there may be a bit of chemical residue in them but that is no big deal and may aid in igniting the fire!

How far is Hagersville?  Any tires lying around still?

53 minutes ago, zeelaw said:

For those with wee ones at home, and trying to avoid bringing anything but three points back.  Is the Bench Brewery Concourse Bar in Tim Hortons Field open?  I think I gotta avoid indoors all day.

I am in a similar position to you Zack with my wife being a caregiver for our son in the hospital so an abundance of caution will be in order, in saying that I am comfortable in the concourse bars as they are close to being an outdoor environment and if concessions are open I suspect all the concourse bars will be as well!

17 minutes ago, InBorjanWeTrust said:

Also with the “freedom convoy “. Does anyone know if it’ll affect travel into Hamilton this weekend… driving in from Ottawa 

I'm driving from Ottawa on Saturday and I was thinking (hoping) that it won't be an issue because we'll be going opposite directions.  If you're driving on Sunday though it might cause problems depending on how many actually make it to Ottawa.