Deandre Kerr

JamesF

3 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

The only time we'll be seeing anything amounting to a B level friendly is in a January, non-international window camp.  Otherwise, it's best available A list in the international windows.

Kerr?  He has had moments but I don't see him at the call up stage right now.

Fair, and I agree re: January. That may be the best time. 

7 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

David and Larin both had the benefit of “establishing” themselves for Canada by padding stats against minnows.

Exactly this. The same competition didn't exist then, so Larin was a default option to an extent. I appreciate what he has done, but we need to be mindful of his age and the talent coming through. 

On 9/1/2024 at 4:59 AM, Shway said:

I think he's been overlooked if Afria is getting called over him. He's younger and has been a professional longer.

I think it's just the fact Afrifa has shown more the last few months alone than Kerr has during his entire MLS tenure so far, his play, the goals he's scored, how he's set up his teammates, it's pretty clear as day who has been better this season. Kerr can get there but he needs to consistently start scoring or setting up others to score. I think it also helps that Afrifa is more of a winger, and with Tajon out, he will be much needed for the upcoming windows until the end of the year.

10 hours ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Umm... Nothing against Afrifa, but 13 of his 18 appearances have been from the bench. 

He broke out only in the last few months and looks to have solidified a starting role for KC now. 

Edited by Macksam

31 minutes ago, Macksam said:

I think it's just the fact Afrifa has shown more the last few months alone than Kerr has during his entire MLS tenure so far, his play, the goals he's scored, how he's set up his teammates, it's pretty clear as day who has been better this season. Kerr can get there but he needs to consistently starting scoring or setting up others to score. I think it also helps that Afrifa is more of a winger, and with Tajon out, he will be much needed for the upcoming windows until the end of the year.

He broke out only in the last few months and looks to have solidified a starting role for KC now. 

Say what you want about Insigne and Bernie, but Afrifa also doesn't have the luxury of being setup/playing with them.

• 2 weeks later...

We've called up Bair, Tani, JRR, Ugbo, but haven't yet called Kerr. I wonder if and when he earns the chance to come into the national team. Marsch should know what each of these guys can do by now, maybe Ugbo and Bair less so, but if we are trying to expand the pool I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in for October if the goals keep flowing.

I like the drive, the aggression and the hunger to push the play forward, it's what caused the ball to fall to Osorio, and yes, it was a lucky bounce but, you have to make things happen for those bounces to go your way so full kudos to him. 

@Obinna, yeah, I think if he goes on like a five game tear, scoring and contributing to his teammates' goals, he should be called up next. 

Edited by Macksam