WCQ: Honduras vs Canada - Thursday, Jan 27, 8pm EST / 5pm Pacific - San Pedro Sula, Honduras

LeoH037

9 minutes ago, theaub said:

Projected Honduras lineup from the local papers

Lopez

Quaye - Gomez - Figueroa - D. Rodriguez

Mejia - Arriaga - E. Rodriguez

Quioto - Elis - Lozano

That’s a deadly front 3 probably the second best attack after Mexico that we’ve faced this past year. As Herdman pointed out, as a team Honduras hasn’t had trouble creating chances at home.. so we need to be alert. 

22 minutes ago, theaub said:

Projected Honduras lineup from the local papers

Lopez

Quaye - Gomez - Figueroa - D. Rodriguez

Mejia - Arriaga - E. Rodriguez

Quioto - Elis - Lozano

Who is Gomez? I don't see him listed here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honduras_national_football_team#Current_squad

Not a lot of inexperience in the back, other than Figueroa.

Edited by jonovision

5 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

The last time someone made a post about praying there was a new age atheist on here who of course had to be a smart ass and mock the guy.  I posted don't tempt the Gods it won't turn out well.  It didn't turn out well.  If you wanna pray, pray, if you don't, STFU.  :)

It was a joke about our history in Honduras, not about prayer or religion...

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

Just re-watching the highlights from the first Honduras match. Both penalties were kind of soft, no? Especially the Buchanan foul? I think with VAR at least one gets overturned.

I just re watched them now and agree that both were soft.  But to be perfectly honest, the penalty resulting in a  PK awarded to Canada was far more soft than that one awarded to Honduras.   Had we not been the home side in that game, i dont think we get awarded the PK in that one.  

On the first PK,  at least there was contact by Buchanan with the Honduran attacker.   But on the second PK,  i didnt see any intent to foul by the Honduran defender.   For the defender, it was a case of "being in the wrong place at the wrong time"

On the balance of play, we deserved the draw.   But it was still the weakest performance by Canada in this WCQ campaign in my opinion.

Edited by Free kick

1 hour ago, Free kick said:

I just re watched them now and agree that both were soft.  But to be perfectly honest, the penalty resulting in a  PK awarded to Canada was far more soft than that one awarded to Honduras.   Had we not been the home side in that game, i dont think we get awarded the PK in that one.  

On the first PK,  at least there was contact by Buchanan with the Honduran attacker.   But on the second PK,  i didnt see any intent to foul by the Honduran defender.   For the defender, it was a case of "being in the wrong place at the wrong time"

On the balance of play, we deserved the draw.   But it was still the weakest performance by Canada in this WCQ campaign in my opinion.

To be fair there was also a clear penalty shout for Canada at some point in the game that wasn't called. There was booing for a solid 2 minutes that's how bad it was. I forget who it was on or when it was during the game but it was definitely there. But yes, a draw was fair.

Edited by Ally McCoist

2 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Oh my god I live for these pre-game hype videos. They're so well put together. I love the music in that video too - I believe it's the same one they used in their Jamaica and Haiti games too. It has that eerie vibe that lets you know that they're playing on a hostile environment.  

The goosebumps mannnn