WCQ: Honduras vs Canada - Thursday, Jan 27, 8pm EST / 5pm Pacific - San Pedro Sula, Honduras

LeoH037

35 minutes ago, gigi riva said:

I am going to do my usual ritual on game day, head over the church after work for eary morning mass , then have my good luck rosary on me during the game

My game day ritual is to go to the one place that has good poutine in the San Jose metro area, and have that with a Clearly Canadian and some all dressed chips I brought back the last time I was in Canada. 3 games in 6 days of this. If I never post again, I died of a heart attack.

2 hours ago, Mattd97 said:

Im not a religious man, but from past experiences Im quite sure God doesnt have jurisdiction in Honduras 

The last time someone made a post about praying there was a new age atheist on here who of course had to be a smart ass and mock the guy.  I posted don't tempt the Gods it won't turn out well.  It didn't turn out well.  If you wanna pray, pray, if you don't, STFU.  :)

5 hours ago, sstackho said:

So do we fly down today or tomorrow? 

It's only a 2.5 hr flight from Ft L to SPS. There's a good chance that the team departs tomorrow morning so they can get a good night's sleep and not have to deal with any B/S from Honduran fans outside the hotel. Plus less chance of food poisoning 

1 minute ago, Kadenge said:

It's only a 2.5 hr flight from Ft L to SPS. There's a good chance that the team departs tomorrow morning so they can get a good night's sleep and not have to deal with any B/S from Honduran fans outside the hotel. Plus less chance of food poisoning 

They flew out this afternoon. They should be in Honduras by now 

1 minute ago, Kadenge said:

Honduran fans outside the hotel is not an issue. The past few times there their accommodations have been distraction free. Even if they weren't no Honduran fans are likely to care enough at this stage. 

My hope is that they all got the PCR tests out of the way for the flight home on arrival.  

On 1/24/2022 at 10:48 PM, Ally McCoist said:

One thing I like to do is follow the betting odds near opening and see how they change closer towards game time. I remember with Mexico when the lines first opened Mexico was favoured to win and then it flipped and turned in favour of Canada.  

Right now the current odds for Honduras vs Canada is: Honduras +260, Draw +220, Canada +110  

Canada is favoured to win at the moment.

Update: Honduras +300, Draw +220, Canada +100  

The smart money favouring Canada based on the slight move in the line from a couple days ago.

46 minutes ago, Ally McCoist said:

Update: Honduras +300, Draw +220, Canada +100  

The smart money favouring Canada based on the slight move in the line from a couple days ago.

Yup - money's been in on Canada and Panama past couple of days.

Canada at -107 on Pinnacle now.

Edited by theaub