WCQ: Honduras vs Canada - Thursday, Jan 27, 8pm EST / 5pm Pacific - San Pedro Sula, Honduras

LeoH037

6 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

I don't agree, the Randzinski group with Imhoff Julian Olivier Occean Friend... Etc and others were as good as this one if not better name by name, this group of players got a Team.  The previous werent as good as a unit, that's the coach's merit.  What you have done as the Canadian football fanbase was amazing you voyageurs made the change.  You always had very good players around the world...it needed foundation and structure and support.  The people of Canada built this football national team

Yes, they were certainly held back by poor coaching but in fairness, still wasn’t as strong or as deep of a group as this one.

1 minute ago, JAVIERF said:

I don't agree, the Randzinski group with Imhoff Julian Olivier Occean Friend... Etc and others were as good as this one if not better name by name, this group of players got a Team.  The previous werent as good as a unit, that's the coach's merit.  What you have done as the Canadian football fanbase was amazing you voyageurs made the change.  You always had very good players around the world...it needed foundation and structure and support.  The people of Canada built this football national team

Disagree. 

The presence of quality around the pitch for a Canada side has never been better.  The qualify was too isolated in patches for as long as I can recall.  And we've never had game changing players (plural) like we have now.  Even Radz on his best.

Too many lads over the years deserved better but it wasn't the time. 

We're going to Arabia.  Damn my eyes, we're goning to Arabia. 

Another professional job from our boys.

Worried when we just weren't clinical and working up top that it would cost us. We should have been out of sight at half time. Then a bit of sitting back in the second.

Came a bit unstuck with the subs in the second half, although good subs we were very disorganized and all credit to the staff they changed quickly as we were getting hit down the right. 

Those are tiny negatives to the incredible performances from most on the pitch. While they obviously worked incredibly hard we coasted for lots of the game but most importantly kept concentration.

Borjan - just two world class saves. The first was incredible.

David - legend 

Kennedy - honorable mention. He is a classy player in the making.

Another massive performance from everyone that played. Well done Liam Fraser too.

Getting close now. Sunday will be massive.

8 minutes ago, Treppy2 said:

This is Canada’s first ever away win in the Hex/Octo.

Without looking i would think that's our first away win in the final stage of qualifying since '93.

Of course now I'm gonna look 😅

Edit: may 2, 1993, a 2-1 win in el Salvador. Oh the times they are a changing!

Edited by JohnnyFranchise

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Another professional job from our boys.

Worried when we just weren't clinical and working up top that it would cost us. We should have been out of sight at half time. Then a bit of sitting back in the second.

Came a bit unstuck with the subs in the second half, although good subs we were very disorganized and all credit to the staff they changed quickly as we were getting hit down the right. 

Those are tiny negatives to the incredible performances from most on the pitch. While they obviously worked incredibly hard we coasted for lots of the game but most importantly kept concentration.

Borjan - just two world class saves. The first was incredible.

David - legend 

Kennedy - honorable mention. He is a classy player in the making.

Another massive performance from everyone that played. Well done Liam Fraser too.

Getting close now. Sunday will be massive.

Jonathan David is your very own Kun Agüero the goal he scored today is a kun aguero type of goal.  What a goal this kid, I heard Guardiola wants him at City

15 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

No way.  First of all, David, Borjan, Larin and Buchanan would all be the best players on that team.  Let alone Davies and Eustaquio when they are in form.  

Then there is just the overall squad depth of this program.  This program is legitimately 30+ players deep and Canada has never had squad depth like this ever.

We took 4 points off of Mexico this WCQ cycle.  That’s definitely not happened.

There has never been a time where Canada legitimately could be the best team in CONCACAF.  There has never been a time where Canada has arguably the top 2 players in CONCACAF.  This is the all time best squad for Canada.

Edited by baulderdash77